Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

1st Customer of the day

TIERRA226

Jan 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
I had a customer who I spoke to a couple of months ago return this morning to get service with Sprint. He had spoke with another rep here yesterday and was ready to go. Now I must say he's the customer you hate. The one that keep telling you what the rep told him. Conversation:

C: He said I could get the 39.99 plan.
M: Yes
C: He said I could get the home charger too.
M: That comes in the box with the phone.
C: No activation fee.
M: We offer that to all customers.
C: One month trial.
M: Yes, that's Sprint's trial period.

This conversation goes on and on.....

Anyway, we get to the credit application. That's when I see the dreaded deposit. ๐Ÿ˜ข I let him know. Tht's when he starts fussing at me. "Why do you need a deposit?!!!...
(continues)
crystal

Jan 5, 2007, 12:26 PM
oh, come on, just give him a free phone, waive his deposit, and pay his first three months. i mean, after all, everyone knows we're capable of that!

๐Ÿ˜•
TIERRA226

Jan 5, 2007, 12:52 PM
Funny, he just came back with his.......mother! You can't make this up! 45ish man bringing his mother to get his cellphone!
frankiewawa

Jan 5, 2007, 1:02 PM
Yeah I thought sprint/nextel and maybe t-mo are the easiest to get without deposit... I know when I worked for verizon I ran across 1000$ deposits at least once or twice a month...
chocolateman85006

Jan 5, 2007, 1:06 PM
I feel better about having to pay $400, knowing that there's m.f.'s out there that had to pay more than I did.
frankiewawa

Jan 5, 2007, 1:13 PM
My 1st cell phone provider was sprint (gasp).. i know. I had no knowledge of cell phones when I was 18. But I had a 125$ deposit cuz I had no credit... but that was standard. With cingular now when I run peoples credit, if they have no credit history its 500$... what 18 yr old is going to pay 500$ deposit? I haven't come across one yet. ๐Ÿคจ
chocolateman85006

Jan 5, 2007, 1:27 PM
Who the hell has good credit anymore?
ralph_on_me

Jan 5, 2007, 1:28 PM
um... me?
krickt

Jan 5, 2007, 3:04 PM
me too! It took a lot of work to get it that way, too!
ralph_on_me

Jan 5, 2007, 3:18 PM
I did a little work, but it's really not too hard, it just takes time. People need to be on top of this stuff.
krickt

Jan 5, 2007, 3:23 PM
Well, since I'm almost 2ce the age of most of the people in here, I made quite a few mistakes, and ran up my share of credit cards. It takes a lot of time to fix impatience and stupidity! Let me tell you from experience.
ralph_on_me

Jan 5, 2007, 3:29 PM
I ran up a one in 2001. After I had everything paid off I had it erased from my credit history too. Got my last loan at 5.25%!
romeowhiskey

Jan 5, 2007, 1:31 PM
i have perfect credit, and verizon wanted a $200 deposit.
chocolateman85006

Jan 5, 2007, 2:55 PM
Seriously?
ralph_on_me

Jan 5, 2007, 2:58 PM
Isn't "perfect" credit a 900?
JustBelowAverage

Jan 5, 2007, 3:25 PM
romeowhiskey

Jan 5, 2007, 3:23 PM
yeah, according to equifax and trans-union i have perfect credit, i checked it when i got home from the verizon store.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.