Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Tell me why my phone dont work....

Jan 5, 2007, 10:50 AM
Cus comes in with a nokia 2125. I open up the back and there is a touch of water damage so I pull out the battery, and there is a little metalic gum wrapper from big red layed in behind the battery totally covering the prongs and stuff.
Me: what is this?
C: oh my child was trying to fix my phone for me.
me: well this could be the root of your whole problem. Metal and phones dont go so good together.
So I take the wrapper out of the phone and try to turn it back on. It flickers and dies and vibrates.
Me: I hope you have ins.

🙄
romeowhiskey

Jan 5, 2007, 10:54 AM
oh man, he shouldn't be allowed to have a phone if he lets JR do repairs on it.

Jan 5, 2007, 10:55 AM
Thats what I thought. lol
krickt

Jan 5, 2007, 10:57 AM
Geeze. The good news is that is one of the cheapest phones to replace. I get homemade phone repairs all the time.

My favorite is the man who plugged up all the holes in his phone to try to make it more waterproof. He used silicone gunky stuff to do it. He plugged up the charging port, thinking it was the headset port and when we took the phone apart, there was silicone glue an inch deep into the workings of the phone, from the data port and charging port on. It was a mess that couldn't be fixed.
His comment was that a freind of his did the same thing and it made the phone last longer.
When I told him the cost to replace the phone, he asked why warranty wouldn't cover it. I explained about customer damage, and tampering and wh...
(continues)
kapwww

Jan 5, 2007, 5:15 PM
Similar, I have a guy who lost all of the screws when he took it apart to take out the blown speaker. To hold it together, he used Liquid Nails. He got it all over inside and all over underneath the keypad. He was pissed at me because his "numbers ain't werkin no more." All I could do was point out why and drill it into his head that it was his own fault.
krickt

Jan 5, 2007, 6:29 PM
We get that about twice a month. "What do you mean, customer damage (I leave out the word deliberate)! I just fixed it!"
SatansQueen

Jan 5, 2007, 11:52 PM
I like to use the term "User inflicted damage" they seem to GET that one 😛
krickt

Jan 6, 2007, 10:05 AM
To many multi sylable words. But it could work.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.