Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Yeah so this is a rant...

Darkinday

Jan 1, 2007, 2:06 PM
It's a rant and I'm proud to admit it. You know... it's been three months since midwest customer care was closed in my call center, and I was transfered over to Port Center.

Nothing really has made me hate a service provider this much.. not even in customer care...

Yeah so heres the sitch. Customer calls in, has a porting issue, basically Sprint, doesn't recognize that we've cancelled the port rqsts. Their systems are seeing something completely different than what we're seeing. But the horrible part is, they keep hanging up on me, and number two, "Oh we have to send a message through our systems to our tier two department for a trouble ticket, and they'll fix the issue within 2-3 buisness days..."
That was yesterday.
The port reque...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 1, 2007, 3:27 PM
Nextel's even worse. They won't even give their customers their account numbers over the phone. They know that the customer wants to port, but they try to make it as hard as possible for them in the hopes that the customer will just give up and stay with what they have. Jerks.
DJ Parkay

Jan 1, 2007, 3:32 PM
Nextel and sprint are samey same.
Darkinday

Jan 1, 2007, 7:06 PM
yea but a port rqst with nextel or sprint, tmo, vzw, and a couple others will validate on the account holders socials or the acct number.

the thing i hate about sprint.. is they can't DO ANYTHING at all. all they can say is sorry ma'am it will take 2-3 days for the request to go thru.

and they don't even live in the usa!
kiosk_hell

Jan 1, 2007, 7:21 PM
Do you speak with someone in the porting department? Anytime I've had a porting issue, they usually got it fixed pretty quickly.
DJ Parkay

Jan 2, 2007, 7:45 PM
Porting department? My ship hasn't come in yet!
jrtool

Jan 2, 2007, 8:30 PM
Darkinday said:...and they don't even live in the usa!...

That is too funny, bcz is true
🤭
Anyway, one day i called to wlnp and they solve
the issue in seconds, well not really solved, they notice that in the application for the port in was wrong the ssn (the cust try the port thru RadioShark).
🤣
biznass

Jan 1, 2007, 3:48 PM
That's a very ignorant thing to say. Maybe 10% of their call centers are outsourced.
captainplooky

Jan 1, 2007, 7:15 PM
I seriously doubt the number is that low.

If it were that low, what they don't tell you is that that 10% handles 75%+ of the calls.
sweetsoprano

Jan 2, 2007, 8:27 AM
captainplooky said:
I seriously doubt the number is that low.

If it were that low, what they don't tell you is that that 10% handles 75%+ of the calls.

Being a former Sprint customer, I can say that the above is indeed true...almost every time I called customer care (which, due to egregious billins errors, was often), I got someone whose native tongue was clearly some Indian dialect.
romeowhiskey

Jan 2, 2007, 10:53 AM
FYI: sprint only has 8 internal call centres, the rest of the 50+ sites are outsourced. of those 10 or so are overseas or in Caribbean countries
jrtool

Jan 2, 2007, 8:32 PM
romeowhiskey said:
FYI: sprint only has 8 internal call centres, the rest of the 50+ sites are outsourced. of those 10 or so are overseas or in Caribbean countries

Yep, that is true.
Iam in one of them. 😉
spidermon

Jan 2, 2007, 10:14 AM
The company with number guard just in case someone other then the customer tries to port there number to another carrier. 🤣 😎
DJ Parkay

Jan 2, 2007, 8:19 PM
Kind of like how Russia had to build a fence to keep their own citizens from getting out!
Crapbag

Jan 2, 2007, 10:23 PM
Hey Darkin long time no see!
brentgodwin

Jan 3, 2007, 2:39 PM
Nice rant darkinday...what up besides that crap??

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.