Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Weirdest non-cell phone related call/experience while working

dalily21

Dec 28, 2006, 6:00 PM
I had someone call into customer service wanting help with their math homework. They wanted to know what 8 X 7 and 9 X 8 was. I told em, just to get them off the phone.

What's your story?
krickt

Dec 28, 2006, 6:07 PM
Kinda cell phone related, customer came in and barked at me for 45 minutes just because USCC had reported him to the credit companies just because he had stiffed them for a $3000 bill! It apparantly wasn't his fault that the bill was so high, and that he couldn't pay it, why should his credit get ruined because of it?

On another note, I just had a customer get really cheesed at me because the plug and play game they bought for their kid won't connect to the Razr they just bought. I'm still scratching my head about that one.
ZeroSanity

Dec 28, 2006, 7:55 PM
Heh. You said cheesed. 😛
krickt

Dec 29, 2006, 10:46 AM
Heh, heh, heh.... sorry.
smorris

Dec 28, 2006, 7:59 PM
Guy calls me and asks what the best place in town to eat is...

----- ???? ---- blank

He repeats... "Salesmen always know the best restaurants. What's your favorite?"

I laughed.

The best sushi joint in Asheville, NC - Mikado.
Hayate

Dec 28, 2006, 8:01 PM
Oh yeah? Well I had an old Native American guy come up and say "Where do you have one of those.......those place that you eat?"

He wanted the food court. It was pretty awesome.
chainsaw

Dec 28, 2006, 8:16 PM
1.Kid my age hits his girl in the face right in front of me.
2.A guy comes into my store(cingular) asking to know what the balance on his buckle gift card is?!?
jrtool

Dec 28, 2006, 8:35 PM
A girl around 14-15 years old,

blah bla bla Sprint my name is____ how may i help you?

'Hi, i want a pizza with extra cheese, and (a lot of stuff)'

me: um...well, im sorry but you're calling sprint and we don't sell pizza.

G:'oh, yeah an xtra large coke'

and she keep with this for 5 minutes
she was joking i guess.
StoreLead

Dec 28, 2006, 9:34 PM
that's when you say...

"ok, and what's your credit card number?"
spidermon

Dec 29, 2006, 6:12 PM
I have a lady who comes in at least one time every week saying that a crackhead has her car and stole her phone. She is always crying to me like I am going to do something about it. On a sidenote she came in with her man yesterday (THE CRACKHEAD) I sold a phone to him months ago he also comes in alot but never with her he always has track marks all over his feet. Why where sandals if your feet have a bunch of needle scares on them. 😎
PhoneyName

Dec 29, 2006, 12:20 PM
"Hey there, do you know what station (insert name of local radio program) plays on?"
crystal

Dec 29, 2006, 3:06 PM
well a while back some guy called in asking about plans then somehow gets on the subject of how he's going to move here and open up some horse-riding place and all that. then has this long conversation and pretty much invites me to ride horses with him?

today someone called and asked if we have to be present to turn their gas back on.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.