Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I'm not shipping a phone outside our service area. Get over it.

sweetsoprano

Dec 28, 2006, 12:50 PM
C-Yeah, I just dropped my phone and now it won't work 🙄 and I'm on vacation in (insert location we do not offer service) and I need you to ship me a new phone.
M-Sir, I apologize, but company policy will not allow me to ship a phone to you there because it's not in our service area. I can look up a store to see if you can go there and buy a new phone. *Did so, closest store is about 90 mins away*
C-What do you mean, you can't send me a phone?!?! I've been a good customer for six years!! *Note: account is also currently past due and has been previously shut-off for non-pay. Also has no insurance.🙄*
M-Sir, as I said, you're currently in a location that is not part of our service area. We cannot ship a phone to you there. There's n...
(continues)
kiosk_hell

Dec 28, 2006, 12:58 PM
What a retard. On a related note, why is it that people always come in with broken phones (no insurance of course) that need to be fixed/replaced immediately for free because they are leaving for vacation that day? Not. My. Problem.
krickt

Dec 28, 2006, 1:03 PM
I can't tell you how many cingy customers I get during the summer that demand that I either fix or replace their phone, since I'm a franchise RadioShack. I know for a fact that even RadioShack corporate doesn't fix or replace them (unless they are within their satisfaction time), but they try to bully me into taking a phone (which I have never seen before, much less tried to fix) in my hand and replacing it with a CDMA phone (all I have) for free! Find someone on the planet who will do that for you, because I won't!
cilvzwagent

Dec 28, 2006, 2:27 PM
I've had a similar conversation with a customer. Had a custy call me at the store one day from Vacation, he broke his phone and wanted me to ship it to him. He wasn't in a service area, and just got absolutely hysterical about it. Finally I just looked at him and said "Okay sir, I'll ship you the phone, but then what? You're not in a service area, how do you expect to get the phone activated?"

He hung up and came in about a week later.
BadFrog

Dec 28, 2006, 4:22 PM
Ask the customer for $20 bill ..give the customer a roll of quarters and tell him to keep his phone .. 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.