Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Why don't you tell them about upgrade fees?

biznass

Dec 8, 2006, 4:04 PM
Why is it like a 1 in 3 chance that if you upgrade through customer care you will be stuck with upgrade fees without being told about them, or you'll be given vision/voice command/unlimited text that's 'free' when really it's free for the first month, then you have to call and cancel it if you don't want it (which the CS rep conveniently leaves off). I have had four customers in two days with vision they say they never asked for that they got when they called in about a simple bill question.
craptacularwireless

Dec 8, 2006, 4:06 PM
Because Sprint's policies tend to suck. Working for them was not fun.
biznass

Dec 8, 2006, 4:07 PM
It's not their policy to not tell people about upgrade fees, that's the individual CS rep being a jackass. I work for them and I always tell people about upgrade fees and having to cancel vision and I still have good CSAT's.
katrina

Dec 8, 2006, 4:12 PM
When I was an ATTWS customer every time I called into customer care I ended up with a bunch of stuff I never asked for on the next bill that I had to get credited off the next month :-/
katrina

Dec 8, 2006, 4:13 PM
Sprint charges upgrade fees?
craptacularwireless

Dec 8, 2006, 4:17 PM
They didn't when I worked there. I guess they do now.
Willwise

Dec 8, 2006, 4:28 PM
I too have seen customers who upgrade or activate through cs that have the same problem. Even sometimes corp. stores do that but the way I look at it when I help a customer that went throught that I just gained a customer next time they want to upgrade, or add a line or do anything.
artax80

Dec 8, 2006, 4:42 PM
Or you end up in my world where you help that customer and the next time they want to add a line or upgrade they still go through telesales or online or corp but always come back to you to fix whatever mistake the rep made. You're good for help, but not for sales.
chocolateman85006

Dec 8, 2006, 4:43 PM
Cingular charges an upgrade fee also.
frankiewawa

Dec 8, 2006, 4:49 PM
everyone does. I've worked for sprint and verizon, and now cingular. they have all charged upgrade fees.
craptacularwireless

Dec 8, 2006, 4:50 PM
You charge for upgrade fees on Verizon? I've never charged nor have been charged for upgrade fees with Verizon.
artax80

Dec 8, 2006, 5:06 PM
Verizon does not charge a fee for a standard or NE2 upgrade. If you early upgrade you may be charged a fee depending on the situation.
frankiewawa

Dec 8, 2006, 5:41 PM
verizon used to if I remember... its been over a year so i don't remember.... pretty sure they did maybe I am wrong? 🤨
katrina

Dec 8, 2006, 4:53 PM
Wow... I thought hidden charges were kind of old-school now since so many carriers have had lawsuits because of them :-/
romeowhiskey

Dec 8, 2006, 4:53 PM
Sprint implemented upgrade fees in nov'05. i usually waive them right when i swap the esn to avoid the call back when it shows up on the bill.
craptacularwireless

Dec 8, 2006, 4:56 PM
I see, I stopped working for them before that was implemented, thankfully.
romeowhiskey

Dec 8, 2006, 4:58 PM
i hate it, and i've gotten in trouble before for waiving the fee, but i still do. i don't think a company should charge to upgrade your phone when you are locked into a new 2 year contract...
WhoDey

Dec 8, 2006, 11:57 PM
I waive them too.
Buy a bluetooth, get a free upgrade.. we need accys bad at my store this month!
DJ Parkay

Dec 8, 2006, 4:27 PM
Thats cuz you work for shady sprint pcs.
biznass

Dec 8, 2006, 5:00 PM
Well all old customer complain that they just want to be treated as well as a new customer...so there you go, you now also pay the same fees as a customer.
If you haven't renewed your contract by changing your plan you'll usually qualify for a $50 service credit that more than pays for the upgrade fee...
biznass

Dec 8, 2006, 5:01 PM
All kinds of errors in that one...sorry...
WhoDey

Dec 8, 2006, 11:54 PM
WOAH WOAH CAPTAIN
I hope youre not telling people txt is free for a month, it hasnt been that way for months now.
jrtool

Dec 9, 2006, 12:52 AM
i always educate the cust with upgrade fees, vision service, if apply offer 1st month free, after this told the cust that he/she will be charged for $15 each month, BTW only Vision and Power Vision is the only service that is 'free' the first month.

And yes, is very frustrating when a customer call in complaining about a service that he/she never ask, or they dont remember when they was offered with the service.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.