Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

PRORATES

lavrnius maximus

Nov 20, 2006, 3:37 PM
why the computer doesn't automatically show prorates beats the sh*t out of me. I feel for the customers who make changes and do not get disclosed the proration. Seems like the prob can be avoided with a simple txt msg to the phone disclosiing the exact amount of min for use
biznass

Nov 20, 2006, 4:16 PM
Or you could just always set plan changes for the next billing cycle like I do. I just tell people it automatically goes on the next billing cycle so they can't fuss.
krickt

Nov 20, 2006, 4:17 PM
I always wondered that, too. Why do they tell new activations what their prorated month is, and not renewals? Minutes would be an easy thing for the computer to calculate. It's a really easy math problem. I don't mind doing the minutes, but I do mind doing the monthly prorates.
crystal

Nov 20, 2006, 4:18 PM
yeah, sometimes you can't future date at times.

it's called a calculator. my best friend!
southtexrep

Nov 20, 2006, 8:45 PM
Even being in the business...I HATE prorates. Customer don't understand them for sure, and I hate dealing with them because customer's are too dumb to understand them. Seriously, they are. Only 1/10 will understand the first time I tell them. The other 9 will argue with me until the cows come home and have their dinner and play monopoly and sing songs, and finally go to sleep, and then finally they may catch a glimpse of what I'm trying to explain. I HATE prorates. Companies should ban them. Or they should maybe have the customer take a test about prorates before they agree to one....
jrtool

Nov 24, 2006, 11:27 PM
southtexrep said:..Companies should ban them.....

Prorates blows ...
all day long i have cust
asking why they dont have svc,
after xplain NPD, they only agreed
with you
But they have NO CLUE
after xplain protated,
they only anser:
'yeah' 'oh, i see' 'oh, of course'

then receive the bill with prorates +
the month in advance + $20.00 npd restoral fee
wich is equal to BIG $$$$

They almost have an heart-attack.
USCELLGIRL

Nov 21, 2006, 12:54 PM
I am sure you are aware of this but you know that on the OLR there is a proration calculator so you dont have to do it long hand!

Sorry this only helps USC people.
krickt

Nov 22, 2006, 1:43 PM
No I didn't know that. I'll check it out. I hope it works for agents, some of that stuff doesn't ....
USCELLGIRL

Nov 22, 2006, 3:15 PM
I am an agent as well. So it works! 😁
sweetsoprano

Nov 22, 2006, 1:55 PM
USCELLGIRL said:
I am sure you are aware of this but you know that on the OLR there is a proration calculator so you dont have to do it long hand!

Sorry this only helps USC people.

I didn't know that...thanx 🙂
biznass

Nov 21, 2006, 3:48 PM
In my company we can always set plans to start at the next billing cycle. Can you guys not do that or something? On a renewal I set the contract to start that day, and current date all fees/text packs/ etc and future date the plan chance for the next billing cycle to save headaches.
CptWireless

Nov 21, 2006, 4:11 PM
What if they're adding a line to an existing account (going from a single line to a family plan)? That contract has to start that day, or the new phone will have nothing to pull off of.
phonemechanic

Nov 21, 2006, 4:15 PM
It's a pain in the a$$ but what you do in that case is do a priceplan change on the single line up to a family share and back date it. Once that goes through the switch, Add the new line onto the account. Boom. No prorates 😎
biznass

Nov 22, 2006, 12:24 PM
Then it's only like a $10 add a line...those are easiest to explain and don't amount to much in charges anyway.
lavrnius maximus

Nov 23, 2006, 12:18 PM
yeah that $hit happened to me but what if they guy changing to a fam share is on a single plan that bills higher than the fam share like a 900min single plan to a 700 min fam share. can''t back date that stuff. My guy had to change on demand and got prorated for his single line plan and was allowed less min than he allready used. blam! instant overage felt bad for the dude.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.