Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

worst account screw up you've seen???

cellphone gurl

Aug 18, 2004, 10:26 PM
what is the worst account screw up you guys have seen within a wireless company you have worked for.

today I had a customer call because her account was cancelled for non pay and she needed her service reinstated. Cust has 2 lines on account but ONLY one was cancelled for non pay. I brought her account up and looked at the notes. cust said her phone just stopped working today. notes said process and research were doing a clean up and cancelled customers account because it was suspended for more than 90 days and she had not called to reinstate service. I checked back further in the notes and sure enough it was suspended for non pay April 20th. normally both lines would be suspended but it was just the one. the funny thing is she has had f...
(continues)
GWFOX

Aug 19, 2004, 12:58 PM
Back in my CC days..

4 line Cingular family share... With the family share in-phone calling disabled.

Customer came in SCREAMING over a $2175 phone bill. Yes I said over 2k in one bill. I will always remember that phone bill. I sold her the phones!!!

2 days after I set up the account, customer called in to change something on the account and CSR forgot to add back on the family share calling and all 4 phones blew apart the minutes.

So 35 days later after she got the bill...
phonepimp3376

Aug 19, 2004, 2:36 PM
... jeans no longer fit because they chewed sooooo much @ss! lol
GWFOX

Aug 20, 2004, 3:09 PM
BWAHAHAAAA!

True true. Took me 3 hours of arguing with Cing (read cell one) to get that issue fixed.
WILLPHASE

Apr 4, 2006, 6:39 PM
this was not on an account but i once placed sim cards in the wrong slots on the sim copyer and lort a customers 500+ contacts needles to say i kissed i fair share of booty to make the least bit happy...
MIKE3222

Apr 4, 2006, 6:53 PM
you know everyone you are replying to is dead right?
blusdrmr

Apr 5, 2006, 10:15 AM
The carrier I sell for has had it's share of screw ups.

One in particular:

A lady was approved for 10 lines with a $0 deposit for her business. She has 8 lines of service. The original account was set up by a corporate store and corporate rep form the main office training the new employees. She had activated 6 lines and the other two were activated by me. She came back to me to add the other two lines to make it a total of 10. No problem, right? Nope. The policy is that a customer can only have one main line and FOUR share lines per account. If they are approved for 10 lines (like in this case), they would have to have TWO main line acts and EIGHT share lines (four on each main act). When the rep set up the account she activat...
(continues)
SammyJankis

Aug 20, 2004, 5:50 PM
now that's a screw up, how'd it get fixed
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 11:43 AM
There was this lady that called in... she gave me her mobile number and I when the account popped up, it was under someone elses name on the account level, but under her name on the mobile level. I wasn't too perplexed because a mobile split from one account to another could have caused this. So i inquire as to who I was speaking with... she verified her information, as all her information was on the mobile level... as I was reviewing her account information, i noticed that she was prepaid... but was on a rate plan.
Scared me.
apparently she was accidently mobile split to another account, a PREPAID account.. and this was done at a STORE.
Blah.
That took three days to fix.
Atavist Arise

Apr 4, 2006, 10:02 PM
i've had a 3 week long screw up that i'll tryn to type up quickly.

customer relocated, changed number, then tried migrating, adn wasn't able to, we finally nailed it down to the number, which was coming up as an account canceled in Oct of 05, and not under her name like it should. after that we got a new number and sent the phone out, i gave her a temp razr for 30 dolalr deposit, and loaded it with 15 dollars worth of airtime. she came back today afetr she was supposed to receive it (yesterday), and it ahdn't even been shipped yet. we finally had the relocation go through so we mig'd her over through CS and sold her a phone out of the store, and took the RAZR back.

my other favorite was when i had a customer come in about his wife ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.