Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

What kind of deposit can they expect?

orphandrew

Nov 6, 2006, 3:03 PM
OK, so a friend of mine has crap credit; she came up with a 1000 dollar deposit on VZW when I ran her, and I know that Sprint is a lower deposit than us, so she's thinking of going there. My question is, what kind of deposit do you think she's looking at with them for two lines?
cilvzwagent

Nov 6, 2006, 3:11 PM
I'm curious to know where all you people who say VZW has deposits of $1000. In my market, the highest deposits we get are $400....unless the customer has a previous charge off account. But even then the deposit is still only $400. I'm in the IL/WI market. Just curious, because I've never heard of this happening around us.
rwilliams

Nov 6, 2006, 3:14 PM
You must be right on the border of where it switches to the $1000 deposit. I have access to accounts in PA, NJ, OH, NY, MD, and VA, and more often than not, when I get a customer with a deposit required, it comes up as $1000 per line
cilvzwagent

Nov 6, 2006, 3:33 PM
Must be. The most seen deposit for us is $400. Occasionally we have the deposit of $125 come up....but that is SUPER rare. There are other stores in my company that are in the KS/MO market, and their highest is $400 too. I wonder why it's so different. Why not just keep it simple and the same thing acrossed the nation? But that's just me I guess.
ralph_on_me

Nov 6, 2006, 4:14 PM
I'm pretty sure deposits are location based. In areas with a higher cost of living Deposits are garunteed to be higher, or at least have a higher standard.

With us, someone can get a $750 deposit in Dallas Texas, but go up to Oklahoma and get $300. The difference is market saturation. They're more willing to eat a little to get more customers in that area.

Then people can relocate their number to whatever market they chose to after they've gotten initial service, but deposits also tend to get lost after doing a relocation.
rwilliams

Nov 6, 2006, 4:20 PM
My thoughts exactly. After all, this market encompasses 3 major US cities. NYC, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. That's the only logical reason
queensyankee

Nov 6, 2006, 3:26 PM
$300 for 2 lines. The absolute most would be $500.
pimpdaddy008

Nov 6, 2006, 7:03 PM
i am in the northeast and i get customers with $1000 deposit when they have no credit or really really bad credit. If you call up sometimes they will lower it for some.
smorris

Nov 6, 2006, 8:30 PM
A couple of things I've noticed about maximum deposits, while working different places at different times.

Verizon Wireless Corporate, Western North Carolina: $1000

Verizon Wireless Agent, Northern California: $600

Cingular Agent, Northern California: $750

Cingular Agent, Western North Carolina: $500

What have we learned? Deposits are f**kin' weird.

Solution to deposits? $150 at Sprint is the most I've ever heard of.

Says something for their service though, I mean, they're practically giving it away.
CptWireless

Nov 6, 2006, 8:35 PM
Highest Sprint is $500 now.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.