Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

Top Ten Reasons Call Centers Suck Hose Water

Nikoletta

Nov 5, 2006, 3:00 PM
These are in no particular order other than the order they occur to me in... And it's more than ten

~ Listening to you coworkers. Even if they don't mean to they generally have no freaking clue what they are talking about and you have to sit and listen to them be idiots all day long.

~ Smelling your coworkers. Since we don't actually have to be near the customer there is no enforcement of the personal hygiene rules so the aroma can become interesting.

~ The ongoing struggle to keep you butt from expanding to fill your chair. Since you sit on your @$$ all day it makes a valiant effort to expand to the size of whatever chair you have. Never eating and running 12 miles a day can help with this one.

~ The headset. If you don't ...
(continues)
Hayate

Nov 5, 2006, 3:13 PM
Here're some reasons why mall kiosks suck nuts:

-Customers can actually see you

-You can actually see customers

-People in the mall bring their kids

-While personal hygeine rules are enforced for employees, we have no way to enforce them for customers

-We're next to Spencer Gifts, which attracts a lot of idiot and a lot of noise around Halloween

-For some reason, people read "Cingular" as "General Mall Information" or "Flagstaff Tourist Information" or "Personal Map and Phone Book"

-Crappy food selection in the food court

-Crazy mall employee parking that's like 8 miles away from the mall (should be fun when it starts to snow and get really cold)

-Lack of room to store a coat, jacket, or sweatshirt when it gets col...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Nov 5, 2006, 4:06 PM
At least you have a place to get food... we have a microwave and a fridge that your worthless co-workers steal your lunch from constantly. The only place we can buy food is the crappy "Wheel-o-death" vending machine.
Hayate

Nov 5, 2006, 4:22 PM
That sucks. Our food consists of Chick-Fil-A (which I seem to only have cravings for on Sunday, when they're closed), a bad Chinese fast food place that makes everyone sick all the time, Orange Julius, Sbarro (pizza and bread sticks are always cold so they reheat them, turning the bottom rock hard), Ruby Tuesday which is one of the worst restaurants of its kind, a Subway that's ok but overpriced, and a locally owned bakery/sandwich shop that's decent. That leaves me with Subway or the bakery which really have the same kind of food. There's nothing really nearby either. I would kill for a Great Steak or something on those lines. Or even a Wendy's or Burger King. And they're remodelling the mall like all next year, so right after the holi...
(continues)
thisguyosu

Nov 6, 2006, 6:26 PM
lol @ the wheel-o-death...when I used to work at a call center, we called it that too...great idea, terrible products inside :/
Hayate

Nov 5, 2006, 4:30 PM
Oh yeah. Also, people seem to think that our counter is either their personal table to empty their purse and throw away old receipts and crap, or their leaning post while their friends or family get a massage for 10-60 minutes. This results in them being in the way for our real customers that might actually want to look at some of the phones in our cases.

I've also had people buy a Verizon phone at the store next to us and then use our counter to open their box, go through their instructions, mess with their phone, etc. Pretty awesome.
jalanjalaning

Nov 6, 2006, 4:28 PM
basterds!
smorris

Nov 5, 2006, 6:00 PM
I love you for writing this.

Eye candy is sooooooo crucial.

And at that note, I'm now getting off work, from my mall kiosk.

Remember though, kiosks make a TON of money. I know I'm doing well here.
Hayate

Nov 5, 2006, 6:25 PM
Kiosks are pretty good for money. It's a 7 hour day today, I'm making $7 an hour and I'm almost at $100 commission with 2 hours left.

And we have some REALLY nice eye candy here. There are a handful of attractive mall employees including one extremely attractive girl at another cell phone kiosk. There're a lot of crazy unbathed hippies and a fair share of irritating high school girls junk like that, but we do see a good amount of good looking girls/women in here. Some days are slow so it's nice to have something to look at every now and again ^_^
frankiewawa

Nov 7, 2006, 11:23 AM
sounds like you need a new job.
crystal

Nov 7, 2006, 5:38 PM
wow, here's just one place that makes a mall kiosk suck: HOT TOPIC.

and all its minions.
ralph_on_me

Nov 7, 2006, 5:41 PM
I've gotten kicked out of that store before...
crystal

Nov 8, 2006, 5:07 PM
then you were lucky.
aavera

Nov 7, 2006, 6:48 PM
Like, the really, awesome teenagers that, like, know EVERYTHING and OMFG just HAVE to see that phone!!!

Canadian tour busses full of people that use Telus and assume we know a thing about their service and why their phone won't work here.

NO food court here. We have a Subway upstairs right by us, a coffee shop that sells cookies and a few other baked items, then there is a taco place, an Orange Julius, a greek place and a Pizza place (that I swear leaves their food under the heat lamps for a mandatory 6 hours before serving it) and that's it.

We are RIGHT by the front door and it is FREEZING in the winter and HOT in the summer.
krickt

Nov 6, 2006, 1:42 PM
When I used to work for Speigel we had almost the same exact problems, except that if you didn't make your sales, you had 2 weeks to improve and then you were fired. But they paid you for the time you were there!
wearyrep

Nov 7, 2006, 4:21 AM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ WOW!! you get two days a year off...not here. 24 hours 7 days a week...never closed...not even for extreme weather...never,ever,ever!
And another thing why call centers suck hose water....floorwalkers(aka team leads) standing over your shoulder when your on a call longer than 10 minutes, with a clipboard writing down why you have been on the call so long!!
frankiewawa

Nov 7, 2006, 11:22 AM
I hear alot of crying... anyone else?
stevelvl

Nov 7, 2006, 11:23 AM
i hear a lot of crying but thast is just when i tell people that i cannot retreave there phone book! if the numbers were that important don't you think they would have writen them down some where?
frankiewawa

Nov 7, 2006, 11:24 AM
yeah people really do wish miracles sometimes. I don't see where their logic comes from... ๐Ÿ™„
stevelvl

Nov 7, 2006, 11:27 AM
there logic comes from the fact cell phone only cost pennies to make and it does not cost a thing to run stores call centers or a network. there whole 35$ they pay a month is 34.99 in profit!
okiesooner

Nov 7, 2006, 11:29 AM
Is "hose water" a metaphor? I often drink hose water when i'm gardening.Please educate the foreigner.
lavrnius maximus

Nov 7, 2006, 4:38 PM
hell yeah call centers blow, how about the other departments dropping escalated customers into cs que or the time you'll try to be good and fit in that last call with ten minutes before your spose to leave and wind up spending a extra half hour at work or the sups that don't do anything one thing i've learned is that the big wigs in the cell industry hide behinde there cust servc reps. cuz they relize the terms and conditions are f up but hey they don't have to talk to the cust.
call centers blow don't ever think you'll want to work at one especially cell call centers nightmare everyday crap schedule fat chicks they just plain suck
qtgirl_78

Nov 7, 2006, 5:45 PM
HEY!!! I work at a call center!!! And I'm not fat!!! ๐Ÿ˜ข
Crapbag

Nov 7, 2006, 7:14 PM
Other wise you would have to change your name from QTgirl to FatTgirl. 78 so are you 28?
qtgirl_78

Nov 8, 2006, 5:29 PM
lol, no...22...but i get asked that a lot...it's really dumb why i chose the 78...see, 69 was taken already, so i used the 2 numbers in between...i picked this name when i was in 9th grade, when that stuff was cool, so leave me alone! ๐Ÿ˜›
Crapbag

Nov 8, 2006, 5:57 PM
You know why 10 is afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9! AAAHHHAAHHAAHHAAHHAA
Cell_Queen

Nov 8, 2006, 1:52 AM
I do not see the reasoning behind putting fat chicks even in your post? There are bigger people everywhere....Call Centers, Retail stores, Radio stations, Clothes departments etc. .....so its not just call centers that have fat people in it and if seeing a fat person working with you makes your call center a nightmare---then you may need some help! ๐Ÿ˜ก
Hayate

Nov 8, 2006, 5:33 PM
Fat people are gross.
Cell_Queen

Nov 8, 2006, 6:00 PM
So are rude inconsiderate egotistical 'lets judge everyone by their looks' b@st@rds....but that is not what makes a call center a nightmare....you cant just say "fat people work in my call center and that is why you should not work there because its a nightmare" fat people are everywhere...thats all
Hayate

Nov 8, 2006, 6:29 PM
Are you denying that fat people are gross? You can make a lot of proper judgments based on looks. If someone has gross yellow rotting teeth you can assume they don't brush their teeth frequently enough. If they have massive build-up of dirt and grime all over themselves you can assume they don't bathe enough. If you see someone that is fat you can assume that they eat too much and/or don't exercise enough. If someone gets this upset over people making fun of fat people, you can assume that either they're fat or they have a relative or close friend who is fat and is given such a hard time by all the rude egotistical people that actually take care of themselves and don't turn into gigantic fat asses.

Either way though, it has nothing t...
(continues)
Cell_Queen

Nov 9, 2006, 12:09 AM
Yes I am denying that people are gross! ๐Ÿคจ You can't just sterotype a group of people because of how their body looks. You can't just assume that just because someone is fat means that they do not take care of theirselves and that they eat too much or don't excersise....i know a lot of Plus-size models who are of course plus size but go to the gym 5 times a week and on a healthy diet but still remain a size 20 - 24. Sometimes it is in a persons genes to be bigger. Sometimes it is a medical reason...and yes i will agree most of the time it is a person over eating and not excersising...but you do not know that persons condition you do not know why they are fat and you cant just judge right away that just because someone is bigger it must ...
(continues)
Hayate

Nov 9, 2006, 12:21 PM
How is it ignorant!? I hate that f*cking word! No one uses it in proper context and no one seems to actually know what it means. It isn't ignorant every time someone has an opinion about another group of people.

Anyhow, I did say that there are medical conditions that can lead to this sometimes, but the fact is a VAST majority of the time when people are obese or overweight in general it's their own fault from unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise. I'd say easily 99% of the time it's fixable but the people CHOOSE not to fix it.
satch of the moe

Nov 7, 2006, 5:29 PM
centers do suck
Crapbag

Nov 7, 2006, 5:31 PM
Hi I just talked to customer care and they said you could give me a free phone here.

Enough said.
smartlilmouse

Nov 8, 2006, 12:00 AM
we never say that ๐Ÿ‘€
Crapbag

Nov 8, 2006, 5:19 PM
I had hoped not. I get this about once a week. Generally pretaining to a broken phone or an upgrade. I even once had some one tell me a CSR put notes on their account that i should give them a free car charger. They Always claim to have notes on their account.
Jaxter16

Nov 8, 2006, 7:26 PM
I had a customer come in who found a phone and she said she called care and they told her that if she got a new sim she could use the phone as much as she wanted for free since she found it. She was cracked out so bad she said it was 911 who told her that and she really did call 911!!!!!
sacdude

Nov 8, 2006, 12:01 AM
what a bunch of crybabies in this thread, custoner did this ,customer did that, rep didnt do this, ever hear the term people, be accountable for your actions, Great Customer service is about owning the customers problem, fixing it, and not whining about, suck it up

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.