Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

reasons i wont sell you a pda/smartphone...

ROLLYPOLLY

Nov 4, 2006, 12:45 AM
1. you ask me what colors it comes in.

2 you are under the of 18

3.you can't turn it on.

4. you don't understand why you need a data plan.

5.you keep refering to it as a blueberry.

6 you keep trying to write on the screen. after I tell you its not touchscreen. then you ask me where's the stylus.

feel free to add your own.
KioskLife

Nov 4, 2006, 8:48 AM
7. You argue with me and tell me that there's no way you'll buy this phone unless I give you a free accessory with it. (when the only thing that we don't already give is the car charger - buy it, cheapo!)
GTO_chick

Nov 4, 2006, 10:08 AM
🤣 🤣 blueberry....mmmm...blueberries 👀
spidermon

Nov 4, 2006, 10:20 AM
You are holding it upside down. (Sidekick)

You say I just want to make calls but want the big screen.
akanderson

Nov 4, 2006, 11:01 AM
1: You ask what Outlook is
2: You ask what "synching" is
3: You ask what games come with the phone
cremz

Nov 4, 2006, 11:13 AM
7. You ask me where the keyboard is.
8. You ask me why I need software.
9. You ask me what PDA stands for.
10. You ask me why this PDA with a full keyboard doesn't come in a flip.
smorris

Nov 4, 2006, 11:24 AM
If your customer is ever looking at a PDA, and intending to use it on a prepaid plan... go ahead and buy drugs from them, because you know that's likely the business they're in.

I know how much we all love the question, "How much dat fone coss on prepay?"

Too much.

Oh, where is MetroPCS(GhettroPCS) when I need them?
orphandrew

Nov 4, 2006, 11:42 AM
You don't have the money for it. I don't give a rat's ass who's buying it as long as the money's good, lol.
smorris

Nov 4, 2006, 11:52 AM
If they're getting a PDA on a prepaid plan, they have to pay the "agent actication fee". It's due in cash at the time of purchase, and you never get a receipt.

My personal agent activation fee is $20, and I usually use it to buy myself a sandwich, and then a 12 pack of a nice stout ale after work.
peoplesuck666

Nov 5, 2006, 4:58 PM
Or as one of our techs likes to put it (he got punched the other day by a customer that he said this to 😳)if the phone is smarter than you DONT BUY IT
biznass

Nov 6, 2006, 9:05 PM
awesome.
aavera

Nov 6, 2006, 9:40 PM
You don't think insurance is necessary because there is a manufacturer's warranty
Crapbag

Nov 6, 2006, 9:46 PM
You think that HTML means HoT Mail Language.

When i ask if you read or edit PDFs and you ask whats a PDF.

You don't understand why they cost more than other phones.
stevelvl

Nov 6, 2006, 10:50 PM
7. you think it should be better quality and last longer then all the other phones because it is so much more expensive

8. you ask how much longer it is going to be because you are waiting for your ride. (because you can't afforde a car)

9. you don't own a computer and you do not even have an email address.

10. your phone is shut off every month because you can't afford to pay your bill on oyur "work phone"

awsome thread! beast one yet!
bassplayer

Nov 6, 2006, 10:52 PM
beast one yet. Love it. LIVE LONG XMEN!

Whatever.

Like the adds to the original post.
bassplayer

Nov 6, 2006, 10:51 PM
Because your first three questions about the phone had to do with ringtones, listening to your music and watching movies on the PDA.

When the only question you ask is "so what does it do?" or "why would someone want one of these?"

When you see the phone and go "Wow!"

You care how much it costs.

when you're upgrading your motorola v60 for it.

When you decide you're gonna store it in your jeans pocket with your keys.

If you're wearing a flannel shirt.

If you're upgrading your phone and still haven't set up your voicemail yet because it's confusing.
Crapbag

Nov 6, 2006, 10:56 PM
bassplayer said:

Thats Awesome.
SatansQueen

Jan 3, 2007, 11:48 PM

No then you just help them set up Dueling Banjos as the ringer 🤣
sweetsoprano

Jan 4, 2007, 8:41 AM
When the conversation goes like this... 🤣 🤣 🤣

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
yodhan

Jan 4, 2007, 2:19 PM
Because you are a pretentious little 9th grader who thinks he knows about phones and is trying to scam your tech-inept mother into getting the phone, just so you can look cool. You tell her you don't need the data package, but we both know you are going to go on the net as soon as her back is turned, and your mom will come in with the next bill, pale as a sheet and hopefully with your decapitated head, because you ran it up with internet use. And that is if you don't get it stolen from some drug dealing senior in high school because you don't have the sense to not show it off the moment you get it.
betty_bermuda

Aug 15, 2007, 6:33 PM
YOU'VE MET MY COUSIN?
BoredAtTMo

Jan 4, 2007, 2:48 PM
You don't even have a freakin e-mail account to sync to it!
DigAHole

Jan 4, 2007, 2:50 PM
This is one example:

http://www1.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

The other is I just had a guy ask me how to get Papoose as his ringer on a blackberry.
krickt

Jan 4, 2007, 2:55 PM
I'm still giggling... geez. I was hoping USCC would get the Q, but now I'm praying that we don't.
J0hnnyM

Jan 4, 2007, 2:52 PM
whatever #: You want to buy it make it seem like that bulge in your pants is something else.
monkeyracer

Jan 4, 2007, 3:18 PM
you don't know what a USB port/cable is.

You have a bullet in the current one and can't wait two days for the insurance replacement, and you're paying cash for the full price on a new one. (This happened with a treo recently.) I have his number still if anyone needs any drugs.

you ask me what the difference between a black(crack)berry and a treo.

you just came in 2 months ago to buy the free phone, and your friend/acquaintance just got a pda from their employer and you want to one up them, so now you want the discount on one because otherwise they are too expensive.

if the deciding factor is what the resolution on the camera is (exception, real estate agents that need it for onsite inspections.) because if that matters, get a st...
(continues)
mooiscoow

Aug 15, 2007, 7:19 PM
You don't know what PDA means!!! You think it mainly used for text messaging. You don't understand that data usage don't equals minutes or that email doesn't equal a message. NO, you can't use a real pen on the screen. Oh, who cares about the operating system when it comes in red. I HATE YOU! DON'T EVEN TOUCH IT!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.