Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

How do you handle it?

Nikoletta

Oct 21, 2006, 3:45 PM
I have to ask... how do you guys in the stores handle the stupidity face to face. It's been so long since I've worked retail... and that was a book store, substantially less insane...

I can't imagine having somebody plunk down a dripping we phone and inform me it has never been near water. I think I would just stare, tilt my head slightly to the side and get this perplexed expression on my face and maybe say "what?" And then just continue to stare at them until they realized how stupid they were and left.

"Are you kidding?" Would probably get used a lot as well...

And "Right, now I'm calling the police." Would probably come up fairly often.
Nikoletta

Oct 21, 2006, 3:48 PM
"Wow, I'm totally filing assault charges now." Is another phrase I think I would use frequently.
Hayate

Oct 21, 2006, 3:51 PM
People are idiots and for that reason they're fun to deal with. I hate people but at the same time I love being able to go home every single day and tell my wife and friends stories about the complete retards I dealt with that day.

Like the guy yesterday that came up and muttered some incoherent nonsense (he was just dumb, not retarded) and then pointed at his eye. He then made the motion of putting on glasses. We asked if he wanted sunglasses and he said yes. We pointed out the Sunglass Hut (huge store with nothing but sunglasses) that was like 30 feet away from our kiosk. He looked and then walked towards the hat store in the opposite direction @_@
jalanjalaning

Oct 21, 2006, 5:40 PM
that guy asked me where for sunglasses and the sunglasses hut is 15 feet from my kiosk... the stupidity... it's spreading ever faster and perhaps the sunglasses hut is to blame (the people who work there are pretty dumb too)
cheerios

Oct 21, 2006, 6:45 PM
I agree. People are so dumb when it comes to technology. We got papers today from the better business bureau. We had a customer turn us in because her son bought a case with cash and then brought it back the next day. Our policy ( Posted 3 times in the store on bright orange paper) is that if you pay cash unless you return it the same day we have to mail you a company check. So the mom called our corporate office and our Consumer relations manager explained the policy to her and said she could not mail it right away because our CEO was on vacation and he is the only one who can sign checks. The woman reported us because we could not give cash back in the store. Our system does not even give us the option to do so after the first day.... what...
(continues)
shleeban

Oct 21, 2006, 4:03 PM
depends on where im working... im indirect so as soon as they start arguing with me or telling me im wrong i just send them on their way to a corporate store so that they can tell them the same thing hahah
jalanjalaning

Oct 21, 2006, 5:41 PM
*high give*
ondisplay

Oct 21, 2006, 4:12 PM
booze
Crapbag

Oct 21, 2006, 4:28 PM
The sad thing is every one has delt with this exact same scenario. There are a lot of liars in america.
chainsaw

Oct 21, 2006, 4:48 PM
Actually, dealing with stupid people on a daily basis really boosts my confidence. I like knowing that I am much smarter than 95% of the general population.
Nikoletta

Oct 21, 2006, 6:06 PM
It makes me despair for the future... especially when you realize it's the idiots who breed the most so the problem will only continue to exacerbate itself until we chlorinate the gene pool.
cingcing

Oct 21, 2006, 6:08 PM
"Chlorinate the gene pool" I like that. 🤣
Nikoletta

Oct 21, 2006, 6:13 PM
It actually involves Napalm and a number of large cities... I'm thinking....
cingcing

Oct 21, 2006, 6:18 PM
I'm not much for killing. Maybe sterilization, but not killing.

Is it still genocide if you take away their ability to breed, but don't actually harm them?
Crapbag

Oct 21, 2006, 6:29 PM
Plan number two would be to outbreed. Sleep with every dumb chick you meet in an attempt to preggy her up before some slow brained slouch gets a chance. Better yet bang and blam so she hates all men and only gives birth to your intellectually superior child and swears of sex from that day forward!
cingcing

Oct 21, 2006, 6:33 PM
That's not bad, but to many holes. I like mandatory birth control. Then you can rail them anyway, with no threat of child support.
Crapbag

Oct 21, 2006, 6:40 PM
Perhaps we should over throw the old american gov and put a caste system in place where inteligence grants benefits. You iq and or knowledge base would determin things like breedability, job placement, allowance to draw federal aid...
Nikoletta

Oct 21, 2006, 7:31 PM
Hallelujah.
Nikoletta

Oct 21, 2006, 6:40 PM
Sometimes it's the only way though... sadly (I'm not serious, not even a little...)

I do favor some sort of requirement before having kids... some sort of basic test, IQ test... something... I don't think just anybody with working parts is fit to be a parent... I think they should put birth control in the food and water supplies and provide some sort of reversal method only if you are approved to have kids. That would save everybody a lot of money since I wouldn't be paying to support the children of all the welfare mothers (or even the mothers who have part time jobs but expect to get $4000 tax returns when they paid in $300 all year... that's money out of MY FREAKING POCKET... and those people don't provide their own health care, that'...
(continues)
cingcing

Oct 21, 2006, 6:46 PM
I agree, there should be some sort of screening you have to go through before you're allowed to procreate. It should be a privilege, not a right. But until there is actually a separation of church and state, logic can never prevail.
Nikoletta

Oct 21, 2006, 7:32 PM
And with the current regime that's not gonna happen is it?
jalanjalaning

Oct 21, 2006, 5:38 PM
they'll never realaize how stupid they are... thats why they're stupid.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.