Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

You're kidding, right?

artax80

Oct 20, 2006, 1:02 PM
Just had a guy come in because his son's phone broke and he wanted to put a different phone on the account. Of course, the phone he had was older than dirt and didn't have GPS so we couldn't activate it. After explaining to him that the phone has to have this, he asked what his options were. I told him if the line was eligible for upgrade he could do that, he could make an insurance claim if he had it, or he could buy a new phone at retail cost. His upgrade date is November 4th so he didn't want to buy a new phone and he didn't have insurance. I told him that if he would come back to our store to do his upgrade, I would provide him with a loaner phone until that date. He didn't seem to understand our policy on loaner phones (we're indi...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Oct 20, 2006, 1:13 PM
Your phones have to have GPS for you to activate them?
krickt

Oct 20, 2006, 1:37 PM
Yup, have to be E 911 compliant, and that means GPS. We can't put old TDMA phones on.
beyond

Oct 20, 2006, 2:18 PM
All phones do GSM/CDMA It's mandated by the FCC. GSM phones have always provided this though and CDMA didn't so CDMA carriers had to make some changes to become compliant
cilvzwagent

Oct 20, 2006, 1:46 PM
That's why we charge them the $20 loaner phone deposit. Trust me, they'll come back...and if they don't.. we just made $20 off of a phone we didn't pay any money to get!
krickt

Oct 20, 2006, 3:50 PM
We do the same thing. Plus another $20 deposit for a charger, if they need one. For some odd reason nobody brings our chargers back, and we have to do this. Here's the crazy thing, I sell them for $15.99, but the deposit is $20. They would rather do the deposit (and not bring it back) than pay for a charger. Go figure.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.