Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

To CS reps from an agent

kapwww

Oct 9, 2006, 12:30 PM
Many times, I'm guessing the customer isn't listening, but several times a week, I have a customer come in telling me that CS told them to go to any VZW store and they can have their contract change, equipment upgraded early, or bad phone replaced at no cost. In many cases, CS did in fact tell the customer to go to a store, but they have to go to a DIRECT store.

I explain to the customer that they have to go to a direct location and I get yelled at because the sign outside of my store says Verizon Wireless Authorized Agent...and to them, that's the same thing as Verizon Wireless.

To those of you in customer service, do you normally specify that the customer should go to a direct location, or do you simply say ANY location? Are yo...
(continues)
chainsaw

Oct 9, 2006, 1:31 PM
Same things happen to us at cingular. We are a "premier" agent so we look like a cingular owned store. They tell customers to go to any cingular store to do stuff that even cingular owned stores can't do! It is a freaking joke!
kapwww

Oct 9, 2006, 1:53 PM
Same boat here. We are "premier" for VZW, but we don't have any signs that say that. Everything still says AGENT on it.
cilvzwagent

Oct 9, 2006, 3:28 PM
Us too! Well we're still in the beginning stages of switching from Authorized Agent to "Premier" Or so we think... Our company head can't quite decide whether its called "Premier" or "Premium" I'll laugh if it comes down and all of our logo's are wrong.

But we always have custy's coming in here demanding us to do something we can't do because the the rep on the phone told them to go to any VZW store. I mean, they aren't lying...because most indirects aren't called Verizon Wireless...they have their own company name. I just wish they'd specify sometimes. But at the same time we get more customers this way because they are upset they were mislead by corporate, and stay for the honesty of our representatives. But occasionally it does...
(continues)
vivalasvegas

Oct 9, 2006, 5:34 PM
As a premier verizon agent your store will come up on a CS's computer as a place to send the customer for ANY reason. When your co is all set as a premier you will be able to do warranty exchanges, NE2, flash phones, and so on... I'm sure that most of the time it is the customers fault and they just walk into any store that says verizon or cingular or whatever. But if you have a premier rating even if your store isn't up to par yet you will be in the Verizon cs system. 😉
Geneticgay

Oct 9, 2006, 6:03 PM
here in the insurance for cingular we never ever refer to store we are told not too
craptacularwireless

Oct 9, 2006, 7:07 PM
Well, the CS directs them to our store, by address. So it's not like they're just telling the customers to go to Verizon assuming that they'll know the difference.
Crapbag

Oct 9, 2006, 7:58 PM
I actually have customers say they specifically gave them our address! Of course they are always pissed about having to drive four miles acrossed town to go to the core store.
CrzyVZWChick

Oct 9, 2006, 3:57 PM
As a CS rep I will always tell the customer it has to be a corporate store or purely sell VZW and say only VZW, I even offer to look them up... I will never and have never sent anyone to a dealer or agent for repair, EU or contract change!! But then again Ive straightned out 1 to many messes today by stoopid reps!!
craptacularwireless

Oct 9, 2006, 7:05 PM
I think that they don't specify because I get those people in here every day. "They told my I could go to any Verizon store and do this!" I always tell them, "We're not Verizon, we're ___________ Wireless." Idiots.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.