Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

a bad thing

3ntropy

Sep 28, 2006, 2:18 PM
i did a bad thing today...i took down the advertisement in our store window that said "fewest dropped calls!"

i have been getting so many complaints about reception in my area that i got fed up with people's mockery. we did have another poster that said something else that was accurate, so i put that one up. i hope i don't get chewed out, i just figured i'd strike out for truth.
cilvzwagent

Sep 28, 2006, 2:30 PM
🤣 That's kinda funny! I hope they don't rat on ya too much....
pink_panther

Sep 28, 2006, 2:38 PM
don't feel bad, I've done the same thing a long time ago. My area is more of an "off-network" as well so we deal with the "off-network" disconnects AND the dropped calls 😳
3ntropy

Sep 28, 2006, 2:40 PM
yeah, well i'm in the middle of the city and its pretty embarassing.
pink_panther

Sep 28, 2006, 2:45 PM
we are too! And yet we sill get both the dropped calls and off-network. What is so strange is CSP shows we have GREAT service within almost a 75 mile radius, but I live right in the middle of the city and I'm "off-network" myself. I'm not even going to touch on the dropped calls...Its getting to be ridiculous
3ntropy

Sep 28, 2006, 2:47 PM
i assume you use mti map tool...what a buncha halucinating techno douches, it's just not accurate. good thing we have the trial period...
pink_panther

Sep 28, 2006, 2:50 PM
right! how do you go about explaining these issuses with your customers?
3ntropy

Sep 28, 2006, 3:07 PM
so far, my reply has been that the new umts towers are going up and the technology change is affecting coverage. i tell them with all new technology upgrades to expect glitches, and that they will pass soon...but i've been telling people that for about 5 months. mostly i let them vent and acknowledge their frustration, then i tell them to call CS and report their complaints. i tell them the more complaints in an area, the hgher the priority to place another tower. what do you tell them? what city are you in, if you dont mind? i'm in charlotte, nc.
pink_panther

Sep 28, 2006, 4:21 PM
pretty much the same thing. I'm in Cullman, AL so its not such a big city as Charlotte but still the same issues. They just released 3G in Birmingham, AL (less than 50 miles south of here) and that is usually my reply. I used to say it was because of the AT&T transfer, mainly because this was an AT&T dominate area, but that got old as well after 7+ months of saying...
cilvzwagent

Sep 28, 2006, 2:59 PM
I have the same problem too. My store is right in the middle of 3 problematic areas. 10 miles east..problems, 10 miles west..problems, 5 miles north...problems...you're fine as long as you're headed south. Luckily for us, the only area that Cingular does any better is the area just west of us, they just built a tower there. Our downtown area doesn't get much of anything service wise, it's like being in the center of a hole 500 ft deep...too many line of sight issues with just about any carrier. They gripe about our numbers, but at the same time they won't do anything to help the service issues. We don't have many complaints on dropped calls, just weak/no service. But I'd rather my phone not work at all, than act like it will and keep d...
(continues)
3ntropy

Sep 28, 2006, 3:10 PM
yeah, we all demand results immediately, but it takes quite a while to scout a tower location, file paperwork, install and test everything, then open it. where i am, every single carrier sucks. it's literally a black hole. 😕
T-MoTucson

Sep 28, 2006, 2:58 PM
You must work for Cingular in Arizona. We get lots of complaints about dropped calls from Cingular customers. Especially after their most recent string of commercials!

Although I have to admit, I think some people aren't really dropping calls--they're just idiots don't know how to use the phone!
cilvzwagent

Sep 28, 2006, 3:02 PM
I think it's kind of funny with customers. Suddenly since there was an advertisement stating "fewer dropped calls" all of the customers come crawling out of the woodwork saying they have this problem, thinking they will be able to get out of having to pay a bill or get a new phone for free. You can go a long time with not having a complaint, then the second a commercial comes out talking about something a supposed "research company" studied, everyone and their dogs come out saying they are having the problem that is being advertised doesn't happen.
jareddude42

Sep 28, 2006, 4:27 PM
the thing is a lot of epople want cell phones to do everything flawlessly. well too bad when they say fewest dropped calls and so forth they mean outside in an open field surrounded by towers not moving with the antennea fully extended. lots of people dont take into account the effect weather and buildings and trees and network traffic and the fact that when they drop calls they are driving in there car down a rural highway doing like 90. people just need to realize that nothing is flawless and get the f&^k over it
pricelss

Sep 29, 2006, 9:37 AM
Do you work in COR? I hope Buscemi doesn't find out you aren't following the planogram LOL.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.