Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

Crazy crazy crazy

CrzyVZWChick

Sep 24, 2006, 8:41 PM
Some times I just cant stand it anymore... If I get one more little old person calling in and saying that they cant make or recieve calls and you find out that the power is not on and that they thought all you had to do was flip the phone open to make it work I really think Im going to scream!!! Instead I try to be firm but polite and educate them on how to power there phone on... I believe that if you dont know how it works when you buy it you shouldnt buy it!!!
King_pimp101

Sep 24, 2006, 8:51 PM
OMG 🤣 🤣 cust really and not know that the power is off.... crazzzy
raycarroll70

Sep 25, 2006, 3:13 PM
I have had customers come into the store and the Message Waiting Indicator/MWI for voicemail is flashing on the LCD which basically means the box is full and the customer states he didn't know he had a voicemail box or how to retrieve the messages. I ask him how long he had a wireless service with Sprint. Since 2002. Hello!
TIERRA226

Sep 27, 2006, 2:53 PM
I got one even better 😉 A Sprint customer came in wondering why when people call they can't leave a message. I found out she never set up her voice mail. I asked her how long had she had the phone/ service, she said 6 yrs. 😲 What?!
cilvzwagent

Sep 26, 2006, 11:45 AM
We get that all the time up here. We always have the old people who don't know how to power on their phone, charge it, let alone how to dial in the number and press SEND. Amidst all the Verizon Wireless signage on our store they always come in and get huffy because we don't have anything to do with the Landline company.

The best thing I ever had happen was just a couple weeks ago.. I actually wasn't sure who felt more stupid, me or the customer.

Lady comes in hands me this phone. Kind of resembled a Kyocera 2325, just a little bigger. It said Verizon acrossed the top of it, and was about the same size as the old Sony Ericcson's of the olden days. I asked what she needed help with, and she said I need to buy a battery. I told he...
(continues)
TIERRA226

Sep 27, 2006, 2:55 PM
🤣 People come up to me all the time. They think becuase their landline phone doesn't have a wire that it's Wireless and I can help them. Then we go round and round and round.....
beyond

Sep 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
I'm actually sorry you feel this way Maybe just maybe if you spent a little more time educating the customer at the time of purchase (which I am sure is part of your job description) then they wouldn't have to return days, weeks or months later to ask questions! I honestly find that the problem here is not with the customer but with the sales rep! If you don't like your job or can't do properly maybe you should find something more suitable (dishwasher perhaps?) or else please refrain from whining about something that is directly your own fault.

Also, if we follow your train of thought you probably should own alot of things as I am sure when you first purchased them you needed some help figuring out how they work!
CrzyVZWChick

Sep 27, 2006, 1:38 PM
Is this reply directed at me or to someone who replied to this post? If it is to me that how dare you!! You need to learn to read... I stated I work in a CALL CENTER not in a store...
beyond

Sep 27, 2006, 4:55 PM
YES that comment was directed to you! It is our job as a sales representative or Customer service reps to educate the consumer as well as providing support or training when the consumer needs help! Due to the fact that you are whining about something that should have been reviewed and explained to the consumer at the point of sale SOMEBODY WAS NOT PERFORMING THEIR DUTIES!

Also, you did not state that you worked in a call center! So I do apologize that it was more than likely not you that completed the sales process however, it still remains part of your job to assist the customer! If you are unable to perform these duties I highly recommend finding another line of work. Once again I recommend dishwasher or if you are somewhat cute (which...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Sep 27, 2006, 5:05 PM
Don't be like that. Yes it's the sales reps job to educate the consumer, but there are SO many freakin people that don't listen. I've been the one to spend four hours with a person educating them on the phone, but it's not something I enjoy and not when I'm slammed. There will always be those people who don't listen, and also people that make up their own truths to what you told them. We can't cover it all.
krickt

Sep 27, 2006, 5:16 PM
Are we pretending that customers always tell the truth and never manufacture "facts" to get their way with Customer Service reps? I just wonder why we (agents and reps) don't get to bark about how often CS reps mess customers contracts and lives up, because I fix those mistakes every day!
dad2b

Sep 27, 2006, 5:45 PM
wow. just reading your idiotic repsonses angered me. 👿
i dont care what my job title is, if i have to explain to someone that their device needs to be TURNED ON to be used then they dont need that device. there's a term electricians use when troubleshooting a device. it's called the IDIOT CHECK, and there's a reason it's called that. if it doesnt have power and youre trying to use it, youre an idiot. just my two cents... 😎
CrzyVZWChick

Sep 28, 2006, 11:31 AM
OMG Awesome response... Atleast someone feels my point of view!!
CrzyVZWChick

Sep 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
You know I could have sworn Ive seen you whine on this place before... shut your pie hole and go bug somebody else
beyond

Sep 28, 2006, 12:10 PM
Very mature response!
Likenonother

Sep 28, 2006, 1:27 PM
You are an effing idiot. She stated clearly that she received a call from a customer. People who work in this industry already know that means she works in a call center. The fact you didn't know that means you don't work in this industry and thus do not belong on this forum. This forum is for employees of the wireless industry ONLY. This is a place of solace where we are free to vent about whoever and whatever situation pertaining to this job. If you don't like it then GET OUT and go where you belong like the lounge.
beyond

Sep 28, 2006, 1:44 PM
Actually you effing idiot I do work in the wireless industry and I do have customers CALL the store phone to ask questions NOW I believe it is you that looks like the effing idiot!

Sorry for the childish response I just figured I'd act immature like you!
Likenonother

Sep 28, 2006, 1:58 PM
Wow you have a bad habit of calling people childish and/or immature don't u? You can beleive what you want about me, but if you in fact work in this industry then you should know this forum is where we go to complain/vent. Again, if you don't like it you are free to go somewhere else. We have every right to vent about our jobs like everyone else in this country. People like you who think we don't have that right simply because we work in a service industry piss me off.
beyond

Sep 28, 2006, 4:38 PM
I agree with you 100% that this is a great place to vent and let loose some things that we shouldn't say to customers! However, the previous rant would never have existed if the orignal sales person had done their job during the sales process, which it is clear they did not! The majority of problems with the average wireless consumer can be resolved by simply DOING YOUR JOB! TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR JOB! It is people that do not do their jobs and then complain about having to do it that piss me off! It is also immature people that swear at people due to the fact that they are undereducated and cannot communicate otherwise that also anger me! Both of these seem to be true in your case.
ralph_on_me

Sep 28, 2006, 4:48 PM
The original customer didn't get the information they needed, but we really have no idea why. I wouldn't be surprised if it was either reason, the rep not doing their job, the customer not listening, or a combination of both.
beyond

Sep 28, 2006, 5:29 PM
Ralph, more than likely you are correct! Trust me when I say I know that customers do not listen alot of the time but generally older not only pay attention to what I'm saying they write it down and even if they forget how to do it I have no problem spending the time showing them(provided I am not busy or missing sales) and this was the only point I was tryying to make that it simply is our job to help them. Also, old people are usually not rude or impatient and honestly appreciate the help. I hope that I have gotten my point across to the reason I feel the OP was just whining! Also, I thought I was appropriate and respectful in my intial response until likenoother decided to call me an effing idiot! I really don't have time or patience for ...
(continues)
Foamy

Sep 28, 2006, 5:31 PM
That's the opposite of how it is around here. The old people I deal with are generally impatient and annoyed. They get upset that they can't figure it out and give me an attitude because of it.

I wish these old people would write it down. Hell, I offer them a pen and paper. Half the time they get offended.
ralph_on_me

Sep 28, 2006, 6:15 PM
I know, I take nothing personal.

I've had older customers on both sides of the spectrum. I have those that listen and write things down, and even catch on after I say things once. I've also had the ones that come in the next day and just make up things that they think they heard me say. Those ones make me throw up my hands. I actually had one I spent about two hours setting up, and they returned the next day. The husband pulled me aside and took my hand and said, "Next time you have a few grey hairs in the store you should try harder to tell them how to use their phones." The other four employees in the store who were there when I sold it just stood there with their mouth agape. I yanked my hand out of his and walked off in disgust...
(continues)
CrzyVZWChick

Sep 28, 2006, 7:47 PM
beyond said:
I hope that I have gotten my point across to the reason I feel the OP was just whining!

Ok heres the deal beyond... I came in here to complain about a day full of people calling in about not being to work their phones be it from uneducation by prev rep or not that does not matter.. I was not whining... I have worked with VZW for almost 4 yrs and I come from both the front facing and call center backgrounds... If we cant come on here to complain then maybe it should say NO COMPLAINING.. I deal with customers all day long for 9 hours a day... I take approx 45 calls a day helping the customer out.. I have no problem with that, I love to educate the customer on how their product works, its the on...
(continues)
beyond

Sep 29, 2006, 9:45 AM
I understand what you are saying and I apologieze for any miscommunication! The only problem I had is that someone did not do their job properly I don't believe now that that person was you and I do agree when I have perform duties that another rep (the one with the commission) should've of done it's frustrating! TRUCE?
Crapbag

Sep 28, 2006, 1:37 PM
I agree that a sales rep should demonstrate proper use of a device to a customer. I generally show basics at the time of purchase and offer a longer tutorial at a slower time(assuming the store is busy.) However i still have the same old ass coming in once every two weeks to ask me how to dial a phone number! Its not that he asks me the same damn question every time, its that he is an absolute ass while doing it. In this case as with many its not a case of have they been shown how but rather will they ever learn.
Crapbag

Sep 28, 2006, 1:42 PM
Beyond, either way your an ass. Why not give her the oportunity to vent? Did she not do as you suggested and assist the customer? Did she not satisfy the customers needs? Its not like she is campaigning to prevent old people from purchasing devices. Go drink your Hater-aid else where.
AG050

Sep 28, 2006, 5:57 PM
😳
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 27, 2006, 2:44 PM
What the hell was the point of that? You should know as well as anyone that there are plenty of customers (especially the older ones) that you could explain in detail how to work their phone, and they won't remember or won't listen. Don't turn into one of those narcissists like captain idiot that thinks you are the best rep out there.

And like she said, she works in a call center.
Crapbag

Sep 27, 2006, 5:19 PM
And of course they interupt you after every word with a WHAT or SLOW DOWN. Kick'em in the face. At least thats what i would like to do. Worst of all, they make my store smell funny.
T-MoTucson

Sep 28, 2006, 3:00 PM
I agree. We get lots of old people who want one for emergency use. I'm sorry, but there is no way these old farts are going to be able to use their phone--especially in an emergency!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.