Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 37 replies

You idiot! How can you not know what I mean?

Hayate

Sep 23, 2006, 8:48 PM
Why is it that when you say "How many lines do you have?", "Do you have another line on your account or do you just have the one that is having a problem?", or "Are you interested in just one line or a family plan with multiple lines?", that people ALWAYS look retarded and say "Uhhh....how many lines? What do you mean, how many lines?"

Seriously, what the f*ck do you think I mean? What else could I possibly mean by this? And when they finally realize what you're asking, the people who only have one line sound deeply offended and angry about it. Does anyone else run into these problems with these simple questions?
bassplayer

Sep 23, 2006, 9:00 PM
just make up stupid follow up question like "yeah, how many lines do you have... in other words do you fertilize your lawn?" or "are you a legal citizen of the united states?"

Don't plan on making any sales if you use this technique.
bassplayer

Sep 23, 2006, 9:39 PM
bassplayer said:
just make up stupid follow up question like "yeah, how many lines do you have... in other words do you fertilize your lawn?" or "are you a legal citizen of the united states?"

Don't plan on making any sales if you use this technique.

Yeah that came off as possilby racist. Those were supposed to be totally random, but somehow seemed to have definate sting towards certain ethnicities. how about "do you play with legos" and "do you like blueberry or chocolate chip waffles".. that seems a little more neutral.
jareddude42

Sep 23, 2006, 9:43 PM
or my favorite when you ask them whats your phone number so i can look up your account and they give you there home number and your like hey wait dude your cell phone number WTF am i gonna do with this
Hayate

Sep 23, 2006, 9:48 PM
I love when you ask for a phone number and they say "1721". And you're like yeah, and the rest of it please? Or instead of saying 9-2-8-5-5-5-1-2-1-2, they say 92-8-55-51-21-2 and you're like wait my mind doesn't process numbers like that.

My favorite is when it's like "twenty three thirty seven eighty nine". At this point the number could be 203-3789, 233-7809, or 233-0789. There is no way to determine which of those it is and it's really irritating and at times really confusing.
bassplayer

Sep 23, 2006, 9:51 PM
I know it's petty, but I still hate it when they leave off their area code. Especially since there are 3 within 20 miles. the worst is when it's not even the local area code and they leave it off. I pretend I'm psycic and make fun of them "I'm guessing this is a 360 area code then?"
charliegirl

Sep 25, 2006, 11:03 AM
We have 7 area codes and most of the time people have no clue which it is!!!
ralph_on_me

Sep 25, 2006, 11:12 AM
lol, I'm gonna use that one...

Sep 25, 2006, 11:11 AM
my favorite is when you ask the customer what their number is they say "I dont know I dont call myself".. i find that so crazy.. how do you ever give it out then?
craptacularwireless

Sep 25, 2006, 1:44 PM
I just had that right now. As she was walking out to get her phone I muttered, "I don't call myself, either, but I sure as hell know what my number is."
ralph_on_me

Sep 25, 2006, 3:03 PM
It's kinda like not knowing your address because you never write yourself letters.
cilvzwagent

Sep 26, 2006, 11:49 AM
Lol!! True so true!! I never thought of it like that!
bassplayer

Sep 23, 2006, 9:48 PM
I like it when you say something direct, like can I get your cell phone number, and they start worrying about the primary or the secondary, or what not. I just look at them and say, the only one you want me to help you with.

Cop pulls over someone, and asks for id, the lady looks at him and says "what, my id or the person I live with". Why do people make their lives so complicated?
Hayate

Yeah, because I give a sh*t if it sounds racist. Especially when it actually doesn't at all unless you're a whiny b*tch that can find racism in anything a white person does or says. I should just ask them how they feel about us "taking porch monkey back" like in Clerks 2...
jareddude42

word cracker!!lol
bassplayer

Sep 23, 2006, 9:53 PM
Follow the patern and see what you come up with:

Black Pride
Asian Pride
Native Pride
Islander Pride
White _____

the answers are:
a. Pride
b. Bigotry
c. Hypocricy
d. Racism
e. b,c,and d.
Hayate

Sep 23, 2006, 10:00 PM
It's A, but a majority of America sees A as B, C, and D. Stupid Americans.
King_pimp101

Sep 23, 2006, 10:35 PM
i wonder why americans would be stupids? whose to blame our ancestors or is just plainly the life they live
switchy85

Sep 25, 2006, 9:03 PM
I find it stupid to be proud of your race or nationality at all. I'm not at all PROUD to be white or American. Now, I may be HAPPY to be American, but I'm sure as hell not proud of it. Pride comes from something you accomplish or are skilled at doing, your race and location of birth are all by chance, and therefore you had nothing to do with and should not be proud of it in the first place. HAPPY, maybe, PROUD, certainly not.
craptacularwireless

Sep 26, 2006, 1:21 PM
Thank you, it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. This is something I've repeated over and over again to people.
Hayate

Sep 30, 2006, 5:37 PM
I agree completely. Any pride in simple traits that you had no control over is stupid and ridiculous.
getsome

Sep 24, 2006, 4:17 PM
YEPP. all the damn time. people are retarded. i swear a minimum ACT or SAT score should be implemented in order to even enter a wireless store.

i hate when your asking probing questions to find out what damn phone they want like "what are you looking for in a phone?" and they say "everything"....wtf? "what do you want your phone to do?" them..."everything"

well that really narrows it down you dam *&^#sucker.

do you want your phone to whipe your ass for yuo?
captainplooky

Sep 25, 2006, 11:56 AM
So, you complain about people not being able to understand that, but do nothing to alleviate your issue... and they are the idiots?

Perhaps it is because you are involved in the business daily that it would make perfect sense to you, but consider the average consumer, and I could see how initial confusion could arise.

Why not try changing your approach, seeing as how your current one is yielding such frustrations to you.

Simply inquire, "Currently, how many wireless phone lines of service do you have," or perhaps, "Are you interested in a single wireless phone line, or multiple wireless phone lines like in a family plan?"
krickt

Sep 25, 2006, 12:06 PM
And he would get the same response. He doesn't curse at the customer, he's just venting in here. Geez, plooky, if you are so much better at this than we are why don't you sell phones yourself?
Cymballistix86

Sep 25, 2006, 2:00 PM
If this jagoff (captainplooky) doesn't sell phones, then I seriously have to question his credibility and if he does, then I seriously have to question his credibility. Unless he's just on customer kiss-ass auto-pilot or something.
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 25, 2006, 2:08 PM
Captainplooky gets his rocks off by acting superior to everyone on the forum. Advice is appreciated when not presented in a condescending manner. He has yet to realize this.
Cymballistix86

Sep 25, 2006, 2:36 PM
Does he actually have anything to do with phones? Or is he just another dumb customer that made his way here?
LordOfPhoneScoop

Sep 25, 2006, 3:49 PM
I'm not sure. I believe he works with phones. If he does, I feel sorry for his co-workers.
krickt

Sep 25, 2006, 3:54 PM
I know. That was the point. If he's so much better at doing this than we are, why isn't he in the business? I've decided from this day forward to not respond to any of his posts in this forum, and maybe in any forum. He hasn't said or responded to anything in any way that makes any sense at all.
CellAll.org

Sep 26, 2006, 1:19 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคฃ
Hayate

Sep 30, 2006, 5:40 PM
He sounds more like one of those corporate higher-ups that knows absolutely NOTHING of the store level of our business. He spends his time coming up with stupid BS like that that doesn't actually fix anything or do any good. I hate people like that @_@
Hayate

Sep 30, 2006, 5:39 PM
And adding one extra word to the question would somehow spark the realization of what I mean? Certainly not. It's not a difficult question or concept. It's a phone. Even if you don't have a cell phone, people have had multiple home phone lines for years.

It's fine and good that you can put up with this crap and don't see any problem with people being stupid, but it doesn't change the fact that they are.
NU2U

Sep 25, 2006, 3:12 PM
**back to topic**

Just had a customer walk in that asked if he could get his voicemail set back to default because he didn't know the passcode for his blackberry. Went a little like this...
Me: Sure! No problem, what's the last 4 of the social on the acct?
Cust: ๐Ÿคจ What do you mean?
Me: ๐Ÿคจ The account holder? What's the last 4 of the social security number?
Cust: I don't know... it's not mine.
๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•

๐Ÿ‘ฟ ARGH!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
ralph_on_me

Sep 25, 2006, 3:32 PM
you also have to wonder if they meant their blackberry pin or their email pin. Those are whole different worlds.
NU2U

Sep 25, 2006, 4:17 PM
Turns out the dumba$$ somehow deleted the entire OS off his Blackberry... ๐Ÿ™„
ralph_on_me

Sep 25, 2006, 4:27 PM
NU2U said:
Turns out the dumba$$ somehow deleted the entire OS off his Blackberry... ๐Ÿ™„

๐Ÿ˜ณ
NU2U

Sep 25, 2006, 5:06 PM
EXACTLY! If you have no idea what you are doing why would you even attempt to do something like that?? Please get on the Nok 6019... Dial and go... please...
ralph_on_me

Sep 25, 2006, 5:09 PM
Ya know... I kind of know what I'm doing, and I don't think I could delete the Blackberry OS out of the phone if I tried.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.