Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

ERgh

orphandrew

Sep 23, 2006, 10:20 AM
I'm in the middle of explaining to this guy for the 5th F*&^in time that you need the password before he can check the vm on his dead step-father's phone!
orphandrew

Sep 23, 2006, 10:20 AM
Why God, WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO?!?!?!
orphandrew

Sep 23, 2006, 10:23 AM
The time has come for me to buy a new unlocked phone; the Razr that a friend gave to me is finally breaking down and the battery is for crap. Any recommendations on a new phone?
raycarroll70

Sep 23, 2006, 12:34 PM
It would be helpful to give us some basic information like who your current wireless carrier is as the Motorola RAZR is currently available for purchase with most of the North American wireless carriers and features you're seeking in a new handset.
Foamy

Sep 23, 2006, 12:39 PM
Based on the fact that he said an "unlocked" phone, I'd say it's safe to assume it's a GSM carrier. And if he's looking for an unlocked phone, I'd say pretty much any GSM phone capable of working with the 850/1900 bandwidths.
3ntropy

Sep 23, 2006, 2:56 PM
buy another razr, THEY'RE AWESOME!!!
beyond

Sep 23, 2006, 12:25 PM
If he doesn't know the pw why don't you reset it for him so that he can access the vm! Now damn was that really that hard? I mean imagine actually doing your job and not complaining about it!
getsome

Sep 23, 2006, 12:42 PM
is it HIS account? or his stepfathers? theres got to be a professional reason why he didnt do it.

if not then i agree with you beyond,
"I mean imagine actually doing your job and not complaining about it!"
orphandrew

Sep 23, 2006, 2:20 PM
The account was under a woman's name. Sorry but I'm not messing with people's accounts for anyone but the account holder.
orphandrew

Sep 23, 2006, 2:57 PM
Approximate conversation:

Players: Guy and Drew

Guy: I need to get into the voicemail on this phone.
Drew: You forgot the password?
Guy: No, it's my stepdad's phone.
Drew: Oh. Well I can't check the password and I can't do anything without his permission.
Guy: But...he's dead. And I need to check his messages.
Drew: I'm sorry to hear that. *opens Eroes and pulls up Infodesk* Do you know the number?
Guy: Um...I don't know it.
Drew: *takes phone, pulls up the phone number* the last four of the social?
Guy: Um...I need the password, man!
Drew: *does a few more things, checks account holder's name; Linda* This is your stepfather's phone?
Guy: Yeah. And I need to get the password for his voicemail.
Drew: Well it's not under h...
(continues)
T-MoTucson

Sep 23, 2006, 1:20 PM
I have been playing with the new Blackberry 8100 Pearl for T-Mobile and it is awesome. If you can get it unlocked that would be a great choice. You have all the great blackberry features like internet, email, PDA, but the new one has the following features that make it great for customers who don't even care about email:

MP3 player
Media player that plays videos/movies
Micro SD removable memory
1.3 MP camera
Smaller and thinner than the SLVR
Speaker independent voice dialing
EDGE and intel processor that makes it
superfast on the internet

It is a sweet phone!
orphandrew

Sep 23, 2006, 2:28 PM
Hmmm, that might be a good idea, actually. Has that come out for T-Mobile(who incidentally I have) and if not, when does it come out? I could definitely use constant access to the net, lol.
T-MoTucson

Sep 23, 2006, 2:40 PM
The BlackBerry 8100 Pearl has come out. It is $250 with a $50 mail-in rebate on a 2 year contract if you are fully eligible and $50 more for a 1 year. T-Mobile will unlock it for free as long as they haven't unlocked a phone for you in the last 90 days, otherwise you will have to wait 90 days. Do you work for T-Mobile?
orphandrew

Sep 23, 2006, 2:46 PM
lol actually I work for a Verizon indirect, but still have a few months left on my T-Mobile contract so I haven't switched over(and I honestly don't know that I would, although I'll acknowledge that Verizon has better service, their voice/data plans are still wicked expensive and I need a ton of minutes).
T-MoTucson

Sep 23, 2006, 3:56 PM
Interesting. Do you get a special plan from Verizon? You know, I have a verizon phone for another job and my T-Mo blackberry and I have been surprised by how similar the service area is for both of them. Verizon still does have a step up on the competition, but I bet 9 out of 10 customers will never see a difference in coverage area.
raycarroll70

Sep 23, 2006, 4:14 PM
Where does Verizon Wireless have a step up on the competition? They don't offer nights and weekends before 9 pm with any of their rate plans, give either $50 or 4100 for their new Every Two and use a third party vendor(Solectron) for their service and repair? Sprint's Fair & Flexible rate plans' nights and weekends start at 7 pm at NO ADDITIONAL charges, $150 towards a new handset after having a handset for 24 consecutive months and the service & repair technicians ARE Sprint Nextel Inc. employees. Verizon may drop mad money on marketing, but marketing doesn't help in customer's making and receiving calls.
TIERRA226

Sep 23, 2006, 4:24 PM
You're my new buddy! My kiosk has Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint and customers always say Verizon is better b/c that man follows you around (real statement). I have Sprint and LOVE IT! Live Tv, Sirus Radio, Nights starting at 7pm, Sprint Radio (listening to it now) and I could go on.
raycarroll70

Sep 23, 2006, 4:30 PM
I'll be your buddy. LOL!
T-MoTucson

Sep 23, 2006, 5:19 PM
I'm not selling any phones or doing any commercials here! We were just having a friendly A and B conversation so maybe you should just C your way out of it!!! Ha ha ha, I am so funny.

But seriously, save your sales pitch for the sales floor alright!
raycarroll70

Sep 23, 2006, 10:33 PM
When you stated Verizon has a step up the competition, I had to step in between A & B as there's quite a bit of distance between the two.
T-MoTucson

Sep 26, 2006, 2:05 PM
If you think Sprint is so much better than Verizon (or anybody for that matter) then you are a dumbass!

Can I get an AMEN?!
milamber

Sep 26, 2006, 3:38 PM
Amens are reserved for intelligent statements.
raycarroll70

Sep 26, 2006, 4:21 PM
The only one who is deserving of an Amen or an Allejuah for that matter is my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
ralph_on_me

Sep 26, 2006, 4:51 PM
Amen is actually Greek for "so be it." Americans mispronounce the hell out of it though.
craptacularwireless

Sep 26, 2006, 4:25 PM
"give either $50 or 4100 for their new Every Two"

They give you $100 dollars off the new 2 year pricing. That's more than just $150. Let me give you an example: If a phone is $150 dollars on a new 2 year agreement for a new customer, an existing customer who is eligible for an upgrade would get it for fifty dollars. That's a great deal. They'd save $100 dollars over what a new customer would.
ralph_on_me

Sep 26, 2006, 4:48 PM
I think it's a good deal that upgrading customers can get their phones cheaper than new customers. That gives them a huge incentive not to switch carriers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.