Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

I Want My Money Back!!!!!!

CellAll.org

Sep 16, 2006, 9:18 AM
So a usual annoying customer comes by my kiosk who happened to just fall into a little money. We get into chatting a little bit (actually hes chatting I'm just doing the smile and nod technique) and he says sell me something 😈 . So I sell him a basic jabra hands free. (the one with the wire not the bluetooth). I even discount it $5.00. I show him how to use it tell him their are no refunds on accessories and we part ways.
The same man comes back with the bag in his hand furious saying he wants to return the jabra.

Me: I'm sorry sir but their are no refunds on this product.

him: Let me speak to the manager!!

me: I'm sorry sir but he isn't in, if you would like ill tell you the next time he'll be in.

him: No this is b...
(continues)
krickt

Sep 16, 2006, 9:45 AM
USCC has a 30 day excellence guarantee. If you paid a deposit, however, the small print says that you may have to wait up to 90 days to get that back, and they may use part of that money to cover what little you did use the service. That money doesn't come from us, by the way, you have to wait for a check from USCC to get your deposit back. I'll give you your phone money back, but not the deposit. I can't tell you how many idiots try to "force" me to call USCC so that they can tell me to hand them cash on the spot. I usually smile and hand them the phone. People don't read anything.
They also don't understand insurance. I get three people a day that think that if they pay me the deductable from their insurance I will hand them a ph...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Sep 16, 2006, 9:48 AM
We've got a thirty day trial on handsets and service, but that doesn't extend to accessories. It's printed on our receipts that there are no returns or exchanges on accessories, because we don't really know what a customer does with them once it leaves the store. They may have stuck it up their butt for all we know.

Anyway, I'll usually return an accessory with a restock fee if it doesn't appear damaged. Otherwise they can bite it.
peanutblue

Sep 16, 2006, 10:02 AM
Officially, we have a one year warranty for exchanges, and thirty days for a refund. We had one guy who kept returning a headset every other month for over a year, saying the warranty should be for one year from the date you get the new one. Finally my manager just gave him his money back, saying he wouldn't exchange them any more.

Then there was the guy who bought a Nokia two years ago, then upgraded to a Motorola last week and wanted to know why he couldn't exchange his two-year old used headset and car charger from the Nokia for the Motorola ones. He actually kept the receipt and packaging from the Nokia accessories.
ralph_on_me

Sep 16, 2006, 10:23 AM
We've got a warranty, but that's not for an exchange of a different kind or a return.
krickt

Sep 16, 2006, 10:31 AM
Warranty means I send it back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement, I don't just hand them a phone. But people think I should. It just doesn't work that way around here.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.