Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Work is so much more fun when...

katman_blue

Sep 5, 2006, 8:55 PM
you're on your last week of a two week notice. I quit this lousy job a week ago...and I'm obviously not going to get any commission this month because they still expect me to hit a months worth of minimum quota in 2 weeks...(i'll need at least 30 activations... and from this store, it AINT GONNA HAPPEN)

Anyways, considering I'm not going to get paid for anything I do (except for my hourly that will barely buy me a cup of ice water)..I've decided to slack off and do nothing. I got drunk on the job on Sunday with a coworker who also put in her two weeks notice. If a customer comes in for an accessory I'll tell them car chargers are on sale for 44.99 (one customer actually wanted to buy it! then I told them I'd "discount" it and sold it f...
(continues)
GHM

Sep 5, 2006, 9:34 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
ralph_on_me

Sep 6, 2006, 10:03 AM
I guess you're not looking for a reference? No seriously, congrats on going out in style. On the business side of things... that's why we let people just stop coming in after they hand in their two weeks notice.
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
"Welcome to McDonald's, Would you like to go Large on that Big Mac Meal?"

The future of all those who treat all companies and customers with the utmost disrespect.

I wish you luck in the french fry industry. Because if you leave like that, your references will be shot to hell! You would probably be better off to just No Call/No Show that day then to pull all that crap. It'll hit the company where it hurts, but atleast the customers don't have to pay for your stupidity that way. Geesh! 🙄
katman_blue

Sep 6, 2006, 3:32 PM
Sorry big shot..but the reason I'm quitting is because this company is worthless and has continually tried to bend over every employee they've had for the past year. More importantly is I already have a much better job lined up already which will pay me significantly more than what I ever made at this place.

As far as reference is concerned, my reference is my store manager. He's a friend of mine, he's already been contacted and spoke highly of me. He knows the reason I'm leaving the company and he fully understands and supports it...as he too is getting screwed by the owner. He knows the motivation for me to sell is not there, and frankly he doesnt give a damn. He encouraged me to stay the final two weeks knowing that I'm not going ...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 3:38 PM
I just hope that day you plan on getting hammered at work none of the customers file a complaint against you. You can be arrested for public intoxication, and that could very well shoot your new job all to hell. And tell me something, why is it that people always wait till after a year of being "screwed" to leave? Why wait that long?
katman_blue

Sep 6, 2006, 3:49 PM
It wasn't a year of getting screwed. its been 12 months of tolerable inconveniences and that got resolved (bounced paychecks and short commission checks) that were caused in part to upper managements carlessness, irresponsibility, or dishonesty. This past month though they've decided to not pay 3 reps ANY commission and they dont plan on doing so. 12 months of periodic BS problems and one month of utter BS = time to leave

P.S. The month in which I sold $150,000 worth of satelite equipment and activations (yes, thats right $150K in govt grant money)...not a single "good job" "nice work" or "thanks" from the owner or anyone in upper management....and they tried to short me on that commission check too!
katman_blue

Sep 6, 2006, 3:56 PM
when i said a year of bending over employees...I was referring to employees they've done it to...but I didnt let them do it to me.

another thing they were doing by screwing everyone is raising minimum quotas and keeping the store stock of phones laughable. A kiosk inside vons probably has more stock than this rather large store with a large, empty stockroom. some of us made it work, others didnt...and its a shame because some good employees left for some really silly reasons. (one example: an employee left because they wouldnt pay him the $200 bonus that he was entitled to. 200 bucks! thats chump change to this man, and half a months rent to this poor kid. 200 bucks is one activation. he was a good employee, but I didnt blame him on...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 3:57 PM
Your company isn't by chance P&M is it?
katman_blue

Sep 6, 2006, 3:59 PM
nope. never heard of that
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 4:02 PM
Just sounds like something the owner of a local wireless agent/satellite sales store would do.

Don't get me wrong, after reading all of that, I don't blame you for leaving. But the getting drunk on the job? That's a little extreme to me. But that's just me...

I like to leave a lasting impression when I leave a company, and a positive one at that. I worked a job that was great at first then slowly turned in to be hell. As much as I wanted to tell the owner to F off, I left on a positive note. I turned in a nice and polite resignation, and when the company I am with now called to check his references, he highly recommended me.
cellsellphones

Sep 7, 2006, 9:42 AM
That was awesome and well put Cilvzwagent!
I mean how immature is to do stupid stuff like that. It makes you look more like an idiot than the company. Congrats!
MeatballzNGravy

Sep 7, 2006, 9:57 AM
Or you both can get drunk and you can nail her in the back room 👀 Hell of a going away present

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.