Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Idiots.

chainsaw

Sep 4, 2006, 4:18 PM
So this lady comes into my store and asks me if we have any online specials. I tell her, idk do I look like online? Then she gets mad and tells me that she wants to buy it online. So I tell her thats fine but she will have a hard time finding someone to help her if she has problems. Stupid b@#$@
GodHatesMe

Sep 4, 2006, 4:20 PM
🤣

Did you really ask her if you looked like online?
chainsaw

Sep 4, 2006, 5:02 PM
no it would have been funny.
raycarroll70

Sep 4, 2006, 9:50 PM
I take it you work in the indirect sales channel and by the context, a green sales representative at that? Her inquiry was not a stupid one at all.
Most if not all the wireless carriers have certain promotions available exclusively online that aren't offered in their corporate/direct retail stores.
Of all the sales channels a wireless carrier distributes their products and services, the internet is probably their least costly means as far as CPGA where as the most expensive is more than likely their indirect and direct retail sales channel.
As more and more people become internet/online savvy, the needs for people like us is going to keep decreasing. The advantage of us is the product hands on and human customer service ...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Sep 4, 2006, 10:18 PM
raycarroll70 said:
I'm arrogant and pretentious. I have no idea how to have a good time or to enjoy a story when I hear one. I assume I am the best sales rep that ever was and enjoy mocking thos who post funny customer stories. I do not take into account that his store could have been one of the supposed "2 out of 10" sales stores that does not honor online promotions. Please ban me from posting anything further so that the employees may laugh again.
raycarroll70

Sep 4, 2006, 10:27 PM
When in the world did I ever say that???

What i said was:

"I take it you work in the indirect sales channel and by the context, a green sales representative at that? Her inquiry was not a stupid one at all.
Most if not all the wireless carriers have certain promotions available exclusively online that aren't offered in their corporate/direct retail stores.
Of all the sales channels a wireless carrier distributes their products and services, the internet is probably their least costly means as far as CPGA where as the most expensive is more than likely their indirect and direct retail sales channel.
As more and more people become internet/online savvy, the needs for people like us is going to keep decreasing. The advantage of us is...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Sep 5, 2006, 4:35 AM
You're an idiot if you didn't get that.

🤣
NU2U

Sep 5, 2006, 8:13 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣

That was hilarious
3ntropy

Sep 5, 2006, 9:50 AM
lol nicely done. "i did't say that!" priceless.
getsome

Sep 5, 2006, 11:00 AM
🤣

this is good....
GodHatesMe

Sep 5, 2006, 12:07 PM
🤣

I had to defend chainsaw, figured I might as well make it funny.
Platypus

Sep 5, 2006, 12:36 PM
GodHatesMe said:
I had to try to be funny because I'm an idiot, and have no friends in real life 🤭
🤣

bassplayer

Sep 5, 2006, 12:53 PM
I don't get it.
GodHatesMe

Sep 5, 2006, 3:17 PM
Platypus was implying that he sucked. Just as he proved in the lounge.
cilvzwagent

Sep 5, 2006, 2:43 PM
raycarroll70 said:
As more and more people become internet/online savvy, the needs for people like us is going to keep decreasing. .

So you say? Then why is it that almost EVERY customer that orders their equipment online or over the phone comes to us in the store to help them activate their account?????? Or how about those customers who purchase their stuff thru telesales, and telesales tells them to come to us to help them (THATS IRRITATING). Then we are the ones getting absolutely nothing commission or sales associated for helping those customers. I always help those customers (assuming i'm not busy). Customer satisfaction is number 1. Even if they didn't buy the phone from me, they will re...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Sep 5, 2006, 3:52 PM
There is no such thing as customer loyalty. The majority of shoppers will go where ever they can get the better deal at regardless of customer service.
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 10:14 AM
No such thing as Customer Loyalty? Are you crazy? The Company I work for, we have 20 indirect locations between Illinois and Missouri, our company wide churn rate is .06%. You tell me there's no such thing as customer loyalty.. PSH! 🤣
ralph_on_me

Sep 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
We've got 40 stores just in one market with a churn below 1% as well. I have about ten customers that will follow me anywhere. The rest come in for my brain, and buy the phone online. So, excluding those 5% that follow me around, there's no such thing as customer loyalty.
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 10:29 AM
5% of your customers = 10? Wow, you don't have many customers.

And yes there is such a thing as customer loyalty. When I worked for a previous agent location, ALL my customers from there followed me to the company I am with now. When I hear on a daily basis "I'm so glad you're here." That is customer Loyalty. They are loyal to those who serve them with the utmost care possible. I had a lady in here the other day, who could have very well went to a corporate location to earn an additional $100 off her purchase by cashing in her NE2. But did she? Nope! She bought right here, because she found no reason to support another store that doesn't care for their customers needs. She also feels that we aren't trying to "screw" her into so...
(continues)
mmcrtcom

Sep 6, 2006, 10:34 AM
Oooooh Snap! I agree cil!
ralph_on_me

Sep 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
cilvzwagent said:
I think you need to look back into the definition of customer loyalty, or re-evaluate your sales technique to get customers to be more loyal to you and your company.

You might be right on this, but I've NEVER had a customer shop from me to save $100. $20-$50, yes, but not $100. In fact, we had a phone in store that was going for $200. It's a great phone, and one I happen to use. I had a lady come in with her two daughters and they all wanted it, but they were offering it for $80 online. Since I have to buy my equipment from my service provider, I can't be flexible on phone prices. If I would've dropped the phone price even by $50, I would've lost money on the sale. She bought onlin...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 11:13 AM
I feel your pain, we deal with the same thing here too. As an agent we have to deal with constant price comparisons as well. But most of the time it works out that we can meat or beat the price without losing any money. But there are still some situations where that doesn't apply. If we can't nail the sale down with our price, we start tossing in accessories for free. The accessories don't have much cost to us as a retailer, and it's less off the bottom line if we can toss in 3 accessories ($75 value to customer) at only a $15 loss to us. But we generally only have that problem with new customers coming in. We always inform the customer that it is their choice if they want to shop online or at a corporate store to save some money. Bu...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Sep 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Sorry I got interupted by a customer.

When those customers come back to us with problems, they always say "Now I know why you were saying I should have done all my business here." Those customers are the ones who generally end up with features and charges they didn't know about or understand, the wrong phone sent to them, the wrong plan put on their account, or some moron in TeleSales didn't tell them about the Activation Fee's. And all we have to go off on is what was put on the account at the time of activation......30 days ago.

All we can do is strive to do the best we can, and be sure the customers are fully aware of their options. That way when they come to you for help later on, they know you won't leave anything out. They w...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Sep 6, 2006, 11:49 AM
Ah, the community part. I'm incorporated, so I'm pretty sure they don't contribute to the community my store is in. I offer every service that a corporate store is supposed to, but I do it without their attitude. The corporate stores here tend to be a little snarky. Because of that, I don't have people leave my store for any of the stores nearby. They're just educated consumers who have already looked online before they come in.

I check those prices weekly and compare with what I have to see how much of a discount I can give, but sometimes it just isn't enough. I don't mind a little competition from my provider through the website since their overhead is lower. If they want to give away discontinued models for free, that's fine too...
(continues)
tmbold

Sep 5, 2006, 5:32 PM
dude, you BLOW!!!!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.