Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Why

CellAll.org

Aug 26, 2006, 12:32 PM
Customer: Why do I have to pay $300 for a phone I got for free if I didnt take the ins.

Me:Because I personally make all the rules for sprint. And I dont like you.

The day is gettting closer to tell that to someone
craptacularwireless

Aug 26, 2006, 12:36 PM
The answer is in the question.
blookiebaby

Aug 26, 2006, 12:52 PM
i feel like that every day.
krickt

Aug 26, 2006, 1:30 PM
I just love that customer. Especially because it's almost word for word in question form to what I told my customer when they bought the $30 phone in the first place. I have a really hard time not saying, I told ya so, straight in their face. Kudo's to you for holding your tongue.
ralph_on_me

Aug 26, 2006, 2:05 PM
I do tell them, "I told you so."

They don't like hearing that.
krickt

Aug 26, 2006, 2:32 PM
No, they don't. Like I said, I tell them up front, USCC is giving this phone to you for the price that you are paying for it. If some time in the next year an a half, you drown it, drop it, let a girlfriend throw it across the gym, let your dog chew on it, or let any other calamity happen to your phone, then you will have to pay at the very least $169 (nokia entry level phone) to get a new phone and $350 to replace this phone. Now that you know that, are you sure you don't want to talk more about insurance. Anyone who gets past that part in my presentation deserves to pay $350+ for a new phone and won't get any sympathy from me. Anyone who buys a razr or other phone listed at $400 or more, has to pay for insurance unless they pitch a hi...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 26, 2006, 3:01 PM
You should tell them it's mandatory they have insurance on it for the trial period, and if they want to take it off after that they're allowed to. If they ask why, tell them the obvious but that it's also for liability issues. If they remove it from the account it's in writing that they didn't want it. Most people will keep it.
oudidntkn0w

Aug 28, 2006, 12:53 PM
Ive always thought insurance should just be included in with plans. Like with Verizon for example. The lowest plan $39.99, VZ could take a $2 hit and then add $3 on top of the plan. That way insurance is on the person phone and they think they are only pay $3 a month for it. That would be for the primary and then for secondary lines, it would be $5. We all know all carriers could take a $2 hit and market to their customers "insurance now included" or "insurance is now cheaper"
3ntropy

Aug 28, 2006, 1:02 PM
oudidntkn0w said:
We all know all carriers could take a $2 hit blockquote>

but they just won't.
Foamy

Aug 28, 2006, 1:23 PM
Yeah, that won't happen. Do the math on that.

$2 x 50 million customers = $100,000,000 a month.
oudidntkn0w

Aug 28, 2006, 1:30 PM
yea but you could probably imagine the amount of new customers because of this. $2 < $38.
charliegirl

Aug 29, 2006, 1:46 PM
Companies make money whether or not a custy gets the insurance. It's a win/win situation for the carrier. Think about it... custy gets insurance and pays the monthly fee, example $5. On a 2 year contract they pay $120 in insurance and probably only 40% of people use the insurance that have it. Not to mention the deductible and most replacement phones are refurbished. Now let's say a customer doesn't get the insurance and 6 months into contract needs a new phone. They have to pay full price for a new phone or pay ETF. so basically you are screwed if you do and screwed if you don't
krickt

Aug 28, 2006, 3:09 PM
Heck, I wouldn't mind if they raised the priceplans all $5 to cover it! But then they would have to take more responsibility for dealing with insurance.
CellAll.org

Aug 26, 2006, 3:05 PM
I wish you could here me clapping right now! 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.