Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

being on the other end...twice...

kapwww

Aug 24, 2006, 11:41 AM
Two recent stories of being the customer.

First, I took my own phone from my personal account to a service center. Every time I plugged the charger into my Moto 815, it would restart the phone. I tried 5 chargers just to make sure it wasn't the charger. When I went to service, I STILL took my charger along. I come back in an hour and they tell me there is nothing wrong with my phone or charger. I didn't even bother to fight them. I gave my phone to my corporate account manager who took it to someone else. A quick software flash later, my phone is fine. I understand how customers feel, but the difference is the fact that I didn't try to start a fight with the techs. I'm not going to try to make them feel bad because they didn't gi...
(continues)
OB1J3D1

Aug 24, 2006, 12:22 PM
In reference to your first story, great that you got your problem solved. But, most customers do not have a "corporate account manager" to escalate to. So, they know they have a problem, the "tech" says they cannot duplicate it...brick wall. (I wonder why they get mad and frustrated 🙄 )

In reference to your second story, the CS rep didn't do anything for you (ie: you didn't get the answer you wanted) so you escalated to the manager. Which is exactly what many wireless customers do...and what many of you here complain about (especially those in call centers)

So what was your point again?
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2006, 12:38 PM
I think the point was that despite the fact that he (he?) was getting the same type of flack and irritation that many of our customers blow their tops about he (correct me if you're not a he, sorry) did not loose his cool, but was rational and handled it without throwing a fit or behaving like a child.

I think the general idea is that it is possible to act like an adult and still get a problem solved, as long as you are reasonable and even tempered.

I'm sure most of us wish to god (or whatever passes for god in your faith) what more people would realize that.
kapwww

Aug 24, 2006, 12:39 PM
he and yes, the general idea is being reasonable and not screaming.
OB1J3D1

Aug 24, 2006, 12:42 PM
I agree with the level headedness. But, many customers still get no help even if they stay "reasonable and even tempered"...unless they escalate to a manager or supervisor etc.
GodHatesMe

Aug 24, 2006, 12:59 PM
I would've still killed the little teen
Nikoletta

Aug 25, 2006, 1:31 PM
Very true, and sometimes the reasonable and even tempered part doesn't do any good either if you have an idiot (or team of idiots) to deal with.
blookiebaby

Aug 25, 2006, 1:22 PM
I haven't seen any posts on here about call center employees complaining about escalation yet, but I just found this forum yesterday.
I just had to add my two cents that when a customer wants to escalate on me because I'm not telling them what they want to hear, I'm RELIEVED because then I don't have to keep repeating the same sentence over and over. There's only so much we can do, and when that limit is met and customers don't get the hint, it sucks.
Nikoletta

Aug 25, 2006, 1:34 PM
100% After a while it's just a relief to give them to a 'supervisor' to deal with, 'cause I can't do anything. It makes me chuckle though because my 'supervisor' can often do nothing else than I can because they are people from the same department who have simply been drafted for the day to play supervisor.
blookiebaby

Aug 25, 2006, 1:53 PM
Exactly, only they get the privelage of not having to be as nice as we do. Lucky bastards.
Nikoletta

Aug 25, 2006, 2:08 PM
Well but I've also been on the other end of the coin where being nice doesn't get you anywhere. Actually four months of being nice got nowhere and finally loosing my temper was the only thing that got results (but this was a walmart auto service center, don't know what I expected.)

The line was actually. "K, this is getting old. There's a little button on your computer that says 'fix it'... push the button." This was after one of their techs destroyed one of my tires... among other things.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.