Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

just have to get it out....

kapwww

Aug 22, 2006, 12:01 PM
I know we all have rotten customers, but this one pi$$ed me off so much my head it about to explode! I'm also a little worried that I might get in trouble for flying off the handle in the end. 😈

Guy comes in with 2 different LG phones (8100, 3300). 3300 has a charging port completely destroyed (most likely by trying to force the charger in the wrong way) and most of the back of the phone is pried apart.

The second phone (8100) looks normal. It doesn't indicate any water damage, etc.

The guy is upset because he's having trouble charging his battery. Come to find out, he's been taking the battery from the busted phone (which he tried to take apart without taking any of the screws out to try to "fix" the busted port)...
(continues)
CellAll.org

Aug 22, 2006, 12:14 PM
You actually took it pretty well. Many other people would have flipped out when he started cursing. And as far as throwing the phone I would have aimed for his head!! I mean come on I've had brochures thrown at me but never phones. I hope your day gets better!
GodHatesMe

Aug 22, 2006, 12:20 PM
You should call your people. 🤣
Nikoletta

Aug 22, 2006, 12:59 PM
Ah no, I find it absolutely hilarious to be as calm as possible when they get fired up but I know what you mean, sometimes you can't really help it. I would have kept his phone and called the police to file assault charges for throwing it though. Then he has to come back to get the phone and all that fun stuff.
CellAll.org

Aug 22, 2006, 1:17 PM
Very true. Every once in a while I try to throw in the smile and nod technique
oudidntkn0w

Aug 28, 2006, 2:58 AM
I would have kept the phone and then later on destroyed the crap out of it and when he came back say that any used phone left in the store is destroyed upon renouncement of ownership 🤣
OhSoKorny

Aug 28, 2006, 3:07 AM
Yeah, next time any crazy stuff like that happens call the police, man. You have his phone. You know where he is at and then you will get to see if any of his "people" are lawyers. 😉
kapwww

Aug 28, 2006, 9:06 AM
It was an empty threat and I knew it. It just pissed me off. He knows one guy. That guy owns half the town my store is in, but, he only owns the dirty stuff (painting business, dirty apartments, etc.). It's a small town. That guy that owns everything is a loyal customer of ours and knows that if anything can be done, we'll do it. The only thing I couldn't offer to do was take the guy's phone to a service center for him. I couldn't leave my store. Oh well. I haven't heard anything since that day. I imagine that once he sobered up, he realized he was being an a$$.
h2odamage

Aug 28, 2006, 9:14 AM
I'll bet when he went to the corporate store, he had to get his 8100 checked in to us for extensive physical damage?

lolinsuranceclaim
kapwww

Aug 28, 2006, 11:12 AM
Nope. No insurance. Both phones were on Prepay. The 3300 was stupid damaged and the 8200...well...I don't know. The charger didn't look beat up and one of my store chargers worked on the phone, so it wasn't up to me to determine warranty replacement.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.