Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 27 replies

What Should I do?

T-MoTucson

Aug 21, 2006, 8:16 PM
Dear Esteemed Colleagues,

I am in need of your advice. I work retail sales for a cell phone company and have the coworker from HELL. All of us get along great except for the "one who shall remain nameless." None of us like her. I mean, it's not just that she's annoying, acts like she is in high school, constantly complains, and won't leave me alone even when I have my head buried in a book. The big deal is that SHE TOUCHES ME AND CALLS ME BY A PET NAME! NOBODY ELSE AT THE STORE TOUCHES ME OR CALLS ME ANYTHING BUT THE NAME MY MOM GAVE ME! It's not anything bad, just on the shoulder or the arm, but still. I don't think my wife or my girlfriend would like that! (Just kidding, I don't really have a girlfriend.) I have tried ignoring her, but...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Aug 21, 2006, 8:40 PM
Tell her you don't like what she's doing. If she keeps it up go to your manager (or HR if you have one) and file a complaint. Make sure your complaint gets documented in some manner and that you have a copy with your manager's or HR rep's signature on it. If she continues her behavior and your company does nothing about it, you can actually file a lawsuit against the company.
WhoDey

Aug 22, 2006, 9:29 AM
WOAH WOAH... lets not be so hasty

Is she hot?
Is she dumb?

If yes and yes, PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING, and touch her back!
T-MoTucson

Aug 22, 2006, 12:17 PM
Hhhmmmm, your ideas intrigue me...she is NOT HOT, but she is dumb. And for me 1 out of 2 doesn't cut it. At least when the 1 is dumb and not hot!
itt

Aug 23, 2006, 4:43 PM
give her what she needs....even if she is ugly, just take one for the team... does she have a nice body atleast?
CellAll.org

Aug 22, 2006, 12:18 PM
lmao!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Nikoletta

Aug 22, 2006, 12:09 PM
I agree, get documentation, talk to you management, explain that you don't want her touching you, that's definitely your right. If she can't keep her hands to herself she has to go.
Darkinday

Aug 21, 2006, 8:42 PM
Say to the bimbo, "Listen (insert name here). I don't mean to insult you, and mean no offense, but I am not your... (insert pet name here). I am (insert relationship, married, gf, etf). I don't like to be touched by other people. I'm not into the touchie feelie thing. Don't touch me I'm contegious. *cough cough* " 😁 there how that sound?
T-MoTucson

Aug 21, 2006, 8:58 PM
1. One coworker told her not to talk to her
anymore

2. One coworker told her why we don't like her

3. All of us have ignored her

4. We have all ratted on her to our manager

5. Tried to get her to go on a date with a
really EASY coworker hoping they would "do
it" and then she would quit because it "got
weird." (P.S.--that was my favorite plot)

THE PROBLEM IS...she still acts like we like her! Plus I'm too nice and fearful of conflict to file a complaint.

Any more ideas? Preferably something that involves lightning bolts, a charger, and power surges.

Thanks.
GodHatesMe

Aug 21, 2006, 9:00 PM
Not really, and to be honest, filing a complaint is hassle free. Your job is required to keep the complainant confidential. So she'll never know who filed it and there isn't anything she can do about it anyway.
krickt

Aug 21, 2006, 10:01 PM
Okay, how 'bout some movie therapy. I just watched Tootsie the other day and was reminded of the quote that gave the movie it's name.
I probably don't have it exactly right, but you can go rent it and get it exactly right if you want to.

Director: Go get me a coffee, Tootsie!
Tootsie: "Listen, my name is Dorothy. Capital D O R O T H Y"
Director: Christ!
Tootsie: No, Dorothy. Jim gets to be Jim, Allen's always Allen, why can't I be Dorothy!

It ends there pretty much, it's a great thing to quote repeatedly especially in front of managment! Go rent the movie and practice it. And my favorite way to deal with unwanted touches is to jump and flail my arms (as if I am truly spooked and didn't mean to slap her across the face like that...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Aug 22, 2006, 1:08 PM
Really you do need to file a documented complaint. You can also try just not responding to the pet name, only answer to your given name. Maybe she'll catch on.
ralph_on_me

Aug 22, 2006, 10:28 AM
Tell her you have herpes.
driven2insanity

Aug 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
No No go for scabies they ARE transferable through casual contact of the sort that was mentioned 😈
ralph_on_me

Aug 22, 2006, 11:16 AM
Yes, but you can get rid of scabies easily. Once you have the Herp, you're keeping it.
Nikoletta

Aug 22, 2006, 1:35 PM
It's a pain in the ass to get rid of Scabies. When I was working at the boarding school we had an outbreak... royal pain.
ralph_on_me

Aug 22, 2006, 1:46 PM
How long ago was that? I had it about three years ago. I just had to wash all my linens and cloths in hot water and cover myself neck down in topical insecticide.

That gave me QUITE a buzz.
cingcing

Aug 22, 2006, 11:49 AM
File a sexual harassment complaint against her.
granteezie

Aug 23, 2006, 4:55 PM
cingcing said:
File a sexual harassment complaint against her.

good idea. another good thig to do is butt sex. that is fun for both of you and get's your point accross.
GodHatesMe

Aug 22, 2006, 1:09 PM
She's gotta be fat if she's acting like this. 😈
evillobster

Aug 22, 2006, 1:42 PM
No fat chicks! 🤤

lol jk nothing against big girls, but honestly get some kind of proof like video or audio and then either blackmail her or say i have evidence and u need to leave me alone or its ur ass!!!

Also if u write her a letter saying how u feel and to stay away and she doesnt, thats enough to get a restraing order (since you had served her papers...BUT u have to send it via U.S. Mail for it to be offical)
T-MoTucson

Aug 22, 2006, 2:28 PM
Actually, she's skinny--freaky skinny. But she did recently dye her blonde hair black--YIKES!!
spidermon

Aug 23, 2006, 4:52 PM
If she is reasonably hot and you are acting like this. What you need to do is go home tonight and tell your wife that you want a divorce because you are obviously a ***. Stop complainin because a little hot chick wants to touch you why dont you go cry about it I wish I had that problem at work jeez. 😎
WhoDey

Aug 24, 2006, 10:38 AM
TITTYWOP!!

We need pics to judge this situation appropriatley
AG050

Aug 23, 2006, 3:57 PM
You need to try talking with her. Just sit her down and explain to her that what she is doing "erks" you out and if it continued you'd have to file a complaint.

Done.
ralph_on_me

Aug 23, 2006, 4:02 PM
I still think my Herpes advice was the best.
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 24, 2006, 10:41 AM
🤣 Herpes is always a way to get chicks to go away. Unless they are psycho. She could come back and be like I had H.P.V. so we can swap STD's
kapwww

Aug 24, 2006, 10:43 AM
Hook up with her. Just make sure she's clean. Make sure it's no good.

OR

Convince her and your wife to...well...at the same time...something....perhaps

Just kidding. I'd just tell her to know it off, keep a picture of my wife on my desk, and play with my wedding ring every time the coworker is around. Also mention your wife as much as you can in conversations.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.