Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

New One!

krickt

Aug 18, 2006, 2:35 PM
Okay, yesterday, customer walks into our store and sits down. (he walks with a cane, not that it's pertinent, just why he sat down) He pulls out a tdma (i'm guessing) motorola 120 and asks if we can fix it. I look at it, and it looks way different than any phone we ever had, it had red and green strips under where the battery go like it had been to warranty or something. Anyway, he says it wont charge, so I look at the charging port and yup, it won't charge, doesn't have a charging port anymore. I tell him, no we can't fix that, we couldn't fix it even when we had that phone. I ask him what company he got it from and he says Amerilink. I tell him to go to Amerilink and get a new phone. So he says, well if you can loosen up all the screw...
(continues)
evillobster

Aug 18, 2006, 2:47 PM
LMAO gotta admire his perstence...thought he was gonna get all mad.
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 18, 2006, 2:58 PM
Man, your such a bee-yoth, why wouldnt you just give the old man a sim card ! ๐Ÿคฃ
deeterman

Aug 18, 2006, 3:14 PM
you should have kicked his cane out from under him and spit on him for being so old
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 3:26 PM
Aww, poor old guy!! Old people annoy me as easily as the next guy, but I still usually feel sympathy for them. The man didn't yell, didn't curse, but he probably did go sit in his car and cry.

I'd have called up ameri-whatsitever and talked to them for him. Then they could've probably mailed him a phone.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 5:51 PM
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Clearly the poor guy has no idea what's going on and the jokers at wherevertheheck he's got his phone from don't know how to explain what's going on to him. I'd say I would probably get on the phone with the chuckleheads and get things cleared up for him because northing's going to get done if he doesn't get help.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2006, 5:55 PM
Actually that story makes me a little sad, funny because of what he'd done to the phone but sad for him.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 6:07 PM
That's exactly how I felt. No matter how mean they are, old people are like puppies. They just have those little lost eyes that make you wanna pat their head and rub their belly.

๐Ÿ‘€
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 6:14 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
krickt

Aug 19, 2006, 10:37 AM
He wasn't that old. Maybe in his 50s. It looked like maybe he had broken his leg, and just never got to the dr to fix it. (I've seen lots of injuries like that.)
ralph_on_me

Aug 19, 2006, 10:51 AM
Aww, now I just wanna hug him.
willyum20

Aug 18, 2006, 6:16 PM
Ok, i understand he was old but why in gods name would he take the phone apart and solder pieces back together?!?!?!?! Who Does That??!?!?!?! ๐Ÿคจ
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 6:20 PM
When you're old, you just get screwy. You actually believe you used to walk uphill to school both ways. Those d@mn cats are under the floor again. I washed my phone because it got dirty. I just need to go a few blocks down the street, so it should be okay to drive on the wrong side to avoid traffic.
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 6:28 PM
It's also ok to park the car inside a store/bank/restaurant so you won't have to walk so far.
ralph_on_me

Aug 18, 2006, 6:31 PM
omg, we had a lady do that at one of our stores about three months ago. Sadly, as I go through phones like TP, I don't have that photo anymore. She drove into the store, then turned right and hit even more stuff.
craptacularwireless

Aug 18, 2006, 6:46 PM
๐Ÿคฃ Don't try to tell her you want to take away her license, it is her God-given right! ๐Ÿ™„

The bank by my old store had that happen to them back in February. I was walking in there to get some change when I notice the windows were boarded up. I thought maybe the recent storm we had was responsible for it. A couple of weeks later a customer of mine told me what had happened. The funny thing is that he was an elderly man and was all for having elderly people retested and stripped of their licenses if they could not pass. I liked that guy instantly.
krickt

Aug 19, 2006, 10:44 AM
Well, if he comes back today, I'm going to help him get into a TalkTracker or something. Maybe we can get him signed up on a real plan. That phone hasn't been sold in years, and the dust and corrosion on the phone tells me that it hasn't worked in a long (LONG) time. So he's probably not even an active Amerilink customer. He wasn't even that old. He was in his 50's at the most. He was also Mexican, but barely had an accent, so I could understand him very well. He just was so confused as to why we couldn't fix his phone. I thought Amerilink was TDMA and CDMA, those don't have sims do they.... I will keep you posted!!
craptacularwireless

Aug 19, 2006, 5:00 PM
Probably hurt his leg busting his ass working in the fields for crappy pay. Oh, wait, Mexicans are lazy. ๐Ÿ™„

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.