Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Rejected! Customer's with bad credit!

TIERRA226

Aug 13, 2006, 2:51 PM
Don't you hate when a customer pumps you up for a sale? Asks questions, listens, wants a family plan, the most expensive phones, and then.....

Large Deposit, 😲 Smart Access or Deposit on all lines ☚ī¸

That happen today. 😡
Jennyboo

Aug 13, 2006, 3:20 PM
That's pretty much all I had yesterday...I ran about 15 credit checks and only got 3 sales out of it due to deposits...
Darkinday

Aug 13, 2006, 3:27 PM
well.. i had to do a deposit... i knew i did... paid it anyway 😛 then waited almost a year to add two people = no deposit when you have history 😁
Jennyboo

Aug 13, 2006, 3:29 PM
If I didn't work for a cell company I know I would have a fairly large deposit

And I would be okay with it, I messed up my credit and am fully aware of it
krickt

Aug 14, 2006, 10:23 AM
USCC just lowered a bunch of their deposits. I have a customer who pays in the neighborhood of $180 a month for 1200 minutes on three prepaid plans. If she were to combine the three plans and get on a post paid it would lower her entire bill (she's using minutes,but wouldn't the way the postpaids are set up with N&WE, M2M, and incoming) by about $20 and she and her kids could have much nicer phones for much lower prices. She has a deposit of $200, But even with that, she should save money in less than a year. She just paid $200 this month over her regular bill because of overage, and is moaning about it. I keep reminding her, just go to post paid, pay the deposits, and bite the bullet. In less than a year you will be ahead of the game, ...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 14, 2006, 10:54 AM
T-mobile and Cingular will probably have deposits too. Cingular's vary by market, but in saturated areas it's common to have $800 deposits.
cilvzwagent

Aug 14, 2006, 11:26 AM
Last year when the store I work for opened up, we ran credit for a customer. He said he didn't have a problem with getting his credit run because he had "Perfect Credit". When running his application it came bac "Chargeoff Account" & $400 deposit. As it turns out this guy's "perfect credit" was filing bankruptcy and we were one of the companies he filed against. He was fully outrageous about this, cursing, and demanding we just hit that magical "waive deposit" button that most customers seem to think we have. After having to threaten to call the cops he left, 2 weeks later he came back in the store saying he had gotten approval from a verizon rep that we can waive his deposit (no name of rep, no nothing...approval my @$$). After explai...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 14, 2006, 11:36 AM
đŸ˜ŗ
cilvzwagent

Aug 15, 2006, 1:15 PM
Yeah that was my reaction when I saw his obituary in the paper.
vivalasvegas

Aug 13, 2006, 6:02 PM
I had a customer today that was declined. Not a high deposit. Not an action. It just said declined. I have been selling cellular for almost 4 years now and have never seen that before. Has anyone seen that before?
krickt

Aug 14, 2006, 10:24 AM
Yes, it usually means that there was a bankruptcy or other write off to either your company or one that they have made a deal with. I had 4 of those last year.
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2006, 11:32 AM
We have customers who cannot get a line even with a deposit but that is almost always because they have had service with us previously and were so rude and abusive to our reps that we've decided we don't want to deal with them any more.
Nikoletta

Aug 14, 2006, 11:31 AM
You forgot one! There is also the 'had a previous account with a balance past due in collections.'

That's a classic.
orphandrew

Aug 14, 2006, 11:57 AM
Followed, of course, by "but I PAID that, you need to EXPLAIN that to them!"...while I'm standing in front of a computer. Who exactly do you want me to explain it to, Mr. Chippy the Monitor Troll?
ShetterKnowsBest

Aug 14, 2006, 12:05 PM
In nextel Partners land we have a 100 max deposit. Credit scores of L2, T2, and Q2 are quite common. Gotta love the Larry, tommy, Quincy's
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
$100 is the max?????
guido1869

Aug 14, 2006, 2:15 PM
i run about 200 credit checks a month and end up with 35 acts
and i only get that many because the few that get approved usualy end up getting 2 or 3 lines
rjsrsr

Aug 14, 2006, 7:53 PM
holla at them smac family plans now homie...

2 lines for smac.....double deacts in 3 months
Nikoletta

Aug 15, 2006, 1:21 PM
We don't get the smac family plans yet at telesales, I can't decide if that's good or not yet.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.