Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

5 days to freedom!

disturbed1

Aug 10, 2006, 6:12 PM
I am both proud and extremely pissed to announce that the countdown has begun! I have 5 days until I'm free of the burden of selling phones.

5 more days of this utter crap and then....well....I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I'm sure I'll find something. After the way management's pissed on me scrapin sh!t off the sidewalk would beat staying here at this point.

Let the countdown begin! 😎 👿
GodHatesMe

Aug 10, 2006, 6:18 PM
Congrats. 😁
cellphoneguy

Aug 10, 2006, 6:18 PM
yeah good luck
Nikoletta

Aug 10, 2006, 6:27 PM
Well it's the 10th so I have 15 days until the 25th which is my ultimate last day in telesales. There's a remote possibility that they (the upper managements) may decide they really don't want to let me go and transfer me to an admin position (The HR dude and I have been chatting about it) because APPARENTLY they like me more than I thought they did.

I'm tossed up about it, it would be mostly just data entry, much less dealing with customers and a different group of customers which is much better, they're letting me try it out and I'm enjoying myself a lot over here so I may decide to keep it. I'd have to call the other job I have lined up and tell them I'm not going to be able to take the position after all but I have plenty of time fo...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 10, 2006, 6:42 PM
I actually like my job. I wake up in the morning ready to go to work. I like meeting people and hearing crazy stories and getting them something they're happy with. There are always the crappy people, but I don't have to deal with them often nor for very long.
disturbed1

Aug 10, 2006, 8:57 PM
I used to like it. But really upper management is so insufferable in my case that I can't take pleasure in the little things anymore. And after the last slap in the face that I've been dealt I honestly think I'd rather be jobless than deal with them everyday.

I'm glad you've got a good working environment, but mine sucks and I'm headin out.
ralph_on_me

Aug 11, 2006, 10:34 AM
Well you've been a pleasure on the forums for quite a while now, so I honestly wish you luck with where ever your career takes you. I know I got lucky hooking up with a company (agent) I can be proud to represent. There are bound to be other good ones out there too.
disturbed1

Aug 11, 2006, 6:02 PM
I used to be with an agent that I can at least say was honest. But the problem with makin an honest buck is that the margins are too low and they ultimately sold to this company.

Thanks for your compliments, and I doubt that I'll stop coming to the forums...I just won't be participating as a member of the sales community any longer.
guido1869

Aug 11, 2006, 6:12 PM
i'm in the same boat and tryin to get out

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.