Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

wow, who birthed these people

radshackemp

Aug 8, 2006, 4:16 PM
So, this is my first thread. I'm on here just browsing most of the time and reading funny stories of annoying customers and people who need a clue. I finally have my first story that is kinda funny.

I work at a radioshack and we are also a verizon agent still. I get a phone call tonight and it goes something like this:

man on line (in an extreme redneck voice): uh, hi, my name is _____ _____, and i think you helped me with my phone last week.
(ok, so theres three other guys who work here and i was on vacation last week, but oh well.)

me: um, sure...is there anything i can help you with tonight?

man: uhh, yeah.....i dialed this here, uhh, number to get my minutes used. well, uhh, it wants my billing zip code. that's, umm, 4...
(continues)
bomb Diggity

Aug 8, 2006, 4:40 PM
The crazy thing is, that's a perfect customer. Considering he's really happy about what he was set up on. And when you told him about the night and weekend thing, he didn't b!tch.
radshackemp

Aug 8, 2006, 4:48 PM
yeah, i suppose he was a lot calmer than the people who get pissed cause we can't give them a cingular simcard cause we're a verizon store.
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2006, 5:04 PM
If your store is a Verizon only dealer then I pity you. I hate the idiots that come in looking for service on a phone when your door, walls, and exterior signs all show a carrier different than what their handset is.
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 4:52 PM
I don't know how many people I have to tell in a given day that Sprint does not use SIM cards. These people then tell me that I'm lying because they have one in their phone. So I'm not quite sure what they've been jamming in their phone but it would explain why they aren't working.
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2006, 5:01 PM
Would you believe I have people come in who put in their SIM cards backwards? They're rectangular in shape with a corner notched off so that they can only fit in one way, yet people still somehow manage to wedge them in any which way they see fit.

(there's also usually a picture right next to the SIM card slot that they fail to see.)
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 5:10 PM
Oh I believe it, when I worked for AT&T that was one of my most common calls. I had to explain to them how they needed to put the SIM card in once they finally unwedged it from their phone. I always got a good laugh hearing them try to pry it out. One guy said he cut himself on one of the edges inside his phone. 🤣
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 6:20 PM
So it's not water damage that turned the indicator red... blood?
WhoDey

Aug 9, 2006, 1:53 AM
Is that covered as water damage?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.