Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Verizon to acquire Alltel???

Cell_Biz_Wiz

Aug 7, 2006, 3:31 PM
Say it isn't so!!!
I've read several articles that speculate that Verizon will possibly acquire Alltel in the next couple of years. Does anybody have any insight to this vicious rumor?
duckbutter

Aug 7, 2006, 3:32 PM
Doubt it but I actually had a customer ask me about this today.
heresyursign25

Aug 7, 2006, 3:33 PM
No but according to one of my custys today, tracfone is buying out cingular 😳
Cell_Biz_Wiz

Aug 7, 2006, 3:37 PM
HA HA HA!!! That's a good one!!! But really, am I the only one who has read article upon article on this?
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 7, 2006, 4:38 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Thats the funniest thing I heard all day. What will they go 100% and only be in K Marts?
heresyursign25

Aug 7, 2006, 4:40 PM
Or dollar stores!!!
tracfone4all

Aug 9, 2006, 12:10 PM
Lets keep that on the down low, we don't need the world knowing we're one step closer to taking over.
krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 5:18 PM
You know, I have been in this business for 2 years, and helping my parents out for years more than that, and that rumor has been going around for longer than that! Verizon is taking over everybody! Didn't you know that? Actually, there was an article in one of the biz mags that said it would be a good business strategy for Verizon to take over the little regional carriers. Not that they had plans to, just that it would be a good thing for them to think about. I have seen people on this forum quote this article, and all it really says is that Verizon should buy up small markets to complete their coverage.
Jennyboo

Aug 7, 2006, 5:24 PM
About 3 years ago there was a big thing about Verizon buying out Sprint.

Tons of people would come in asking when we were merging....
krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 5:26 PM
Alltel just bought CellOne around here, and people come in here every day asking when we are changing our signs since Alltel bought us. I tell them that we were never CellOne, always USCC, even before there was a CellOne anywhere in the county. I have been told that CellOne and USCC are the same company, just two different divisions. 😳 Geez, people. Can you not hear the carp coming out of your mouths?
k
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 5:29 PM
Fish coming out of their mouths? What a neat trick! 🤣

I'm just teasing, I know it's a typo.😁
krickt

Aug 9, 2006, 10:38 AM
It's not a typo, I just try not to use profanity, even mild profanity in type. You never know what the censors will find offensive. Either way it makes sense!
Cell_Biz_Wiz

Aug 9, 2006, 8:07 AM
What I had read most recently was that Alltel had opted to not be included in the upcoming spectrum auction and that VZW was going to be doing the bidding for Alltel. There are several "insiders" that are claiming that this is because VZW will be acquiring Alltel in the next couple of years. I have not seen any evidence of this on the FCC website... but I'm sure it is possible. I mean they're Verizon... anything is possible with a giant like that!!
burger_with_fries81

Aug 7, 2006, 5:21 PM
I would love that.. too bad 90% chance it wont happen. Selling the same old Kyocera crap gets old really quick.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.