Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Things that make me stop reading.

Nikoletta

Aug 2, 2006, 1:45 PM
I was just thinking about things that, on the forum, make you just stop reading or ignore the post after a minutes.

Stuff like obvious spelling and punctuation errors (spelling is really easy to fix, just use the spell-check function)

Lots of Block Quotes (guess why?) Though one or two is usually ok but after that my eyes just sort of glaze over and I stop reading. (well, I've used it once but I was using it as an attack which is what they're almost always used as.)

Writing in all caps, even for a single sentence. Just one word is emphasis (though if you know a little html you can use bold or italics to get the same effect) more than that makes me think you're a 13 year old banging on the keyboard.

Excessive use of punctuation....
(continues)
krickt

Aug 2, 2006, 1:54 PM
Mass posting the same message in every forum category.
Jennyboo

Aug 2, 2006, 2:01 PM
I have an insanely hard time reading something if it has the word "like" two or three times in every single sentence.
krickt

Aug 2, 2006, 2:02 PM
Amen
craptacularwireless

Aug 2, 2006, 2:04 PM
Like, what are you talking about? I don't see, like, anything wrong with it? It's just, like, the way some people talk. Duh! 😁
Jennyboo

Aug 2, 2006, 2:16 PM
OH MY GOD like you are the coolest effin person in the entire effin universe um we should like have totally awesome convos like this all the time...like yea 😛
craptacularwireless

Aug 2, 2006, 2:21 PM
hehe Imagine being surrounded by people who actually speak like that. I live in Cali, so you know the whole valley girl thing. It's annoying.
Jennyboo

Aug 2, 2006, 2:24 PM
Not too many valley girls here...but around here after each sentence people say "you know"

That's another thing that would force me to stop reading something
craptacularwireless

Aug 2, 2006, 2:26 PM
Whereabouts are you? I know people who end sentences like that, you know? đŸ¤Ŗ
Jennyboo

Aug 2, 2006, 2:41 PM
Wisconsin

I'm sure it's not just here, it's just so damn annoying.
craptacularwireless

Aug 2, 2006, 2:45 PM
Mmmm... cheese...

I know what you mean, I'm always correcting the way people talk. They always tell me to shut up, that they can speak however they want. 🙄 They'll never learn with that attitude.
alejandro

Aug 2, 2006, 3:02 PM
Do what I do, tell them this...

"All I am saying is learn English or get the f*ck out of my country"

It works wonders for me.
craptacularwireless

Aug 2, 2006, 4:46 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
BennyBoy940

Aug 2, 2006, 9:19 PM
like why dont you like the word like like you are like weird!!!!
alejandro

Aug 2, 2006, 3:01 PM
When people copy and paste Lee greenwood songs or the star spangled banner to use in an argument.
Nikoletta

Aug 2, 2006, 3:21 PM
Wow, I can honestly say I've never seen that before. Do they do that a lot? 😉
alejandro

Aug 2, 2006, 3:26 PM
only once so far, today actually right before i read this post, i was amazed and didnt know what to say, although i stopped after the first verse anyway i was astonished that that person would think it would pass for an actual debate.
BennyBoy940

Aug 2, 2006, 3:19 PM
BUNCHES OF STUPID SMILEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ 🤭 🤭 🤭 🤭 👀 👀 👀 😲 😲 đŸ˜ŗ đŸ˜ŗ đŸ˜ŗ 😕 đŸ¤Ŗ 😡 đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ‘ŋ 😕 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡 😡
Jennyboo

Aug 2, 2006, 3:36 PM
🙂 🙂 🙂 😁 😁 😁 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 🤤 ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸ 👀 👀 👀 đŸ˜ŗ đŸ˜ŗ đŸ˜ŗ 🙄 🙄 🙄 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMA OLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!LIKE TOTALLY OH MY GOD THIS IS SERIOUSLY LIKE GETTING OUT OF HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BennyBoy940

Aug 2, 2006, 9:19 PM
y 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 up like it is like stop with this like yes!!!! 🙂
Nikoletta

Aug 3, 2006, 1:55 PM
I gotta say kiddo, you're starting to get pretty annoying.
krickt

Aug 3, 2006, 2:11 PM
get him! Actually, I think he will be gone by the end of the month, school starting and all.
krickt

Aug 2, 2006, 4:02 PM
Cutting and pasting whole news articles just to make a point that could have been summarized in less than 4 sentences and just referenced the article.

Cutting and pasting entire articles plus any commentary on said articles, plus any comment from another forum added in for flavor.

I think you get the point.
guido1869

Aug 2, 2006, 4:05 PM
people that only come on here to b**ch about other people
Nikoletta

Aug 2, 2006, 4:06 PM
Cutting and Pasting things that aren't your ideas or have nothing to do with the forum topics but that you think make you sound smart.
alejandro

Aug 2, 2006, 4:13 PM
C'mon, you know it's not nice to talk about plooky when he isn't here.
Jennyboo

Aug 2, 2006, 4:17 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ

all these are such good rants

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.