Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

I feel bad...

Jennyboo

Jul 28, 2006, 4:41 PM
I just had a lady in here who all set to start up service, she was so happy that where she works gets a 15% discount....she was happy with the phone she picked out....and she loved our plans!!! Super duper right? You would think so.

I ran her credit and it came up write off. Just wonderful, so I look in a different program we have under her ssn and it came up with an account under someones elses name. Oh no, this lady is going to be pissed. This account had a balance of $511.64!! So of course the system wont let me activate anything under this ssn without that payment and an additional security deposit.

When I had to break the news to this lady (she had shown me her ssn card with two forms of ID already) she did not scream or hit...
(continues)
krickt

Jul 29, 2006, 9:36 AM
I had a lady do the same thing, except that when we called in to the credit department, they asked if she ever had any other alias'. She said she had been married before, and gave her married name. The Credit Rep told us that she had 19 different write offs with different companies in 6 different names, none of which matched her name (either first or last). She still hasn't gotten that fixed. Her Mom put her on her plan just to get her into a phone, but both Social Security and her Employer are now giving her fits trying to fix the mess. Someone had been using her SSN for over 5 years, and did way more damage than the 19 write offs. The lady was only 29, and had no clue it was going on. It's a bad deal.
VZdubs

Jul 29, 2006, 6:02 PM
that's why you should check your credit report once a year.
BennyBoy940

Jul 30, 2006, 12:49 PM
freecreditreport.com! Everytime you see that comericial you should check ur credit! Cause its free!
spidermon

Jul 29, 2006, 5:44 PM
dude she knew she cancelled a few years ago never payed he ballence and thought maybe the company would forget
Jennyboo

Jul 29, 2006, 6:35 PM
My customer?

Someone used her ssn to activate an account back in 2004, its not like she was trying to scam the company by hoping they would forget about a previous balance.
disturbed1

Jul 30, 2006, 3:16 PM
Wow....that sucks! I hope she can get it straight so you're both happy in the end.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.