Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Bad custy...

driven2insanity

Jul 25, 2006, 12:26 PM
Rotten bad custy's all day. Free this that and oh, while we are are at it there is this plan for you, you get all calls free, all phones free, but will you survive long enough to get the heck out of my store before I shake you to death like a british nanny???
Foamy

Jul 25, 2006, 12:58 PM
I'm having a similar day.

I had one customer tell me that she wanted to look at the phones for a while so go ahead and help the other customer who's waiting. So, I did. Then the first customer comes back in a huff and throws a fit about me not helping her and how her time is too important to wait for me. Then she stormed out.
clr7181

Jul 25, 2006, 1:27 PM
Sounds like Cingular customers to me... That's what we've been dealing with at VZ ever Cingy sent the letters out.
driven2insanity

Jul 25, 2006, 1:36 PM
🤣
I'm sitting at a cingy store! Please take all these screamers
clr7181

Jul 25, 2006, 1:46 PM
Trust me, we've had our fair share so far. If you didn't see my post from yesterday, we've had Cingy customers coming in here saying that our Motorola Q reminds them of Maxi-Pads "It's like they have wings". Honestly! Where in the H3LL did you guys dig these customers up? Cingular sends out letters and they all come crawling out of the woodwork. One lady even asked one of my reps how VZW was going to pick up the slack from Cingular, because she didn't want to pay for a phone or activation fee's. And I bet if she had gone on long enough she wouldn't have wanted to pay her bill either.
driven2insanity

Jul 25, 2006, 4:06 PM
🤣
celtic_flirt

Jul 25, 2006, 5:16 PM
Can i ask what type of letters are being sent out???
krickt

Jul 26, 2006, 12:18 PM
cingular has been hyper these days with the 50% rule. Meaning that if over 50% of your calls are in a roaming area, Cingular can cut your service at any time. Actually, all the carriers have similar rules. In our area, all, and I mean all, of the Cingular customers, including people they just signed up less than 6 months ago either have gotten the "nasty gram" or they are going to get one. Our county is in a Cingular Roaming area. A city to our north had an article in their paper about how at least 50% of all Cingular Customers in their town were getting the letters in the next 6 months. It had to do with how much time you spent on a roaming tower on the other side of town. But Cingy is shoving people away from them. I wonder what tha...
(continues)
clr7181

Jul 26, 2006, 4:05 PM
krickt said:
Actually, all the carriers have similar rules. blockquote>

Can you tell me where you got this info for VZW? I can't find it in our Terms/Conditions and my account manager checked with his higher up, and they dont have a clue about anything of this nature.
krickt

Jul 26, 2006, 5:27 PM
Okay, I should have rephrased. Many carriers have similar rules. Verizon may be different in that they bill roaming different. I don't know what their rules are, I haven't been exposed to them. I do know that Alltel, USCC, and Cingular do have similar rules. Only Cingular has been bad about selling phones to people they know either live or work in roaming areas and then cancelling them after they get really happy with their service.
krickt

Jul 26, 2006, 5:28 PM
Verizon doesn't sell to people outside their licenced areas either, unlike Cingular, I guess.
Jennyboo

Jul 28, 2006, 11:21 AM
We can sell to customers outside our areas (I don't usually) but we HAVE to tell them they may get a letter in the mail if more of their minutes are used roaming (I haven't seen anyone get cancelled for it yet...thru Sprint) And we do have a clause in every piece of literature we give customers, but again I've never seen anyones service terminated because of it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.