Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Start Laughing Now!!

clr7181

Jul 24, 2006, 3:34 PM
Just had a customer in store regarding the possibility of switching to VZW from Cingy in the event her account gets flagged. While discussing all the products, services, and rate plans, she launches into this incredibly unnecessary story. We heard probably about 10 minutes worth of a story where the customer spent all morning going mattress shopping with her newly-wed niece. The problem going shopping with her newly-wed niece was that the whole time mattress shopping, she had a hard time keeping a straight face about her, as the thought of her niece the new hubby would be having sex on this mattress 😳 Why would we care about this???

It gets better...

As she is browsing the store looking at the different phones, she saw the poster...
(continues)
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 3:38 PM
I'll agree with that....we do have some WEIRD customers. 😳
Pslim77

Jul 24, 2006, 4:53 PM
Sounds like we should hook that lady up with Captainplooky. REF: Plooky needs to get laid.
what is that lady really shopping for? I wonder
jaderz03

Jul 24, 2006, 5:34 PM
Hey there! I am a sprint employee and I was just wondering if you have had a lot of customers coming in saying Cingy was cancelling their contract because more than 50% of their calls is off network? What's the point of offering NO ROAMING if they aren't going to pay for the roaming charges?
Foamy

Jul 24, 2006, 5:44 PM
Sprint has the same clause in their paperwork.
jaderz03

Jul 24, 2006, 5:53 PM
well no one has informed me of that
Foamy

Jul 25, 2006, 9:15 AM
Last I checked it was written on the rate plan brochure. They were actually the first company I've ever seen enforce that policy.
VAlias

Jul 25, 2006, 12:18 PM
Yep... Cingular Authorized Rep here, and it's in the paperwork. I had a couple of customers come in that had gotten a letter that they'd be getting their account shut down and would have to start a new one.

When I called to figure out what the heck was going on, Cingular told me that there was no resolution. The account was being closed regardless. The customers were costing them too much money.

From what I understand, Sprint and Verizon have similar policies and just don't enforce them.
clr7181

Jul 25, 2006, 1:34 PM
Well, what I've been told by my VZW Account Manager is that we do have a similar clause in our paperwork, but that the difference is that when VZW finds that a lot of customers are needing service where VZW doesn't have a tower, instead of telling the customers to go take a hike, they weigh the additional costs being incurred versus the cost of putting up a tower and keeping their customers. Who knows, this could have been a line of BS... but one never knows. I just know that my hubby and I have a VZW line that is always in the Extended Network, and we haven't had any issues thus far.
clr7181

Jul 25, 2006, 1:47 PM
However.........I can't seem to find this clause in our paperwork.......still looking 👀
Foamy

Jul 25, 2006, 3:11 PM
Yeah, just look for the clause that says they have to right to change anything whenever they want. They usually throw that in there to cover anything they didn't think about at that moment.
projectphone

Jul 26, 2006, 2:13 PM
US Cellular has the same 50% Rule...
krickt

Jul 26, 2006, 5:32 PM
Yes, but I've only seen it enforced 4 times in 4 years. Not hundreds at a time like Cingy just did. Half of one town and all of another. And none of the customers that have come in to port told lies to get their service. They gave their addresses straight up to Cingy and they still gave them phones, knowing that the only towers that work on phones in this zip code are roaming towers.
jaderz03

Jul 27, 2006, 11:13 AM
I just think it's ridiculous to advertise for something and not stick to it. That's a good way to get law suits going
Foamy

Jul 27, 2006, 11:46 AM
It's not really a matter or advertising something and delivering something else. Nobody is actually being charged for the roaming, which is what the plan states. No roaming fees. They're just being "let go" to further the revenue of the company.

I don't agree with it either. But the semantics of how it's worded pretty much covers their asses.
clr7181

Jul 27, 2006, 2:18 PM
I've had customers that have said to me "they should offer some sort of an alternative. Something like have us pay a little more on our bill or something." Now I know just as much as the next guy, that the second Cingular told them they were going to raise their bill to cover roaming costs on their no roaming plan we'd still be in the same situation with a bunch of pissed off customers that everyone has today.

A way to further revenue? How do you increase revenue by telling your customers to take a hike? Does no one understand that one unhappy customer will tell 15 people, where as 15 happy customers may only tell 1 person? We've had customers switching just because they know people who have had this done to them. With the amount of...
(continues)
Foamy

Jul 27, 2006, 3:23 PM
Yeah, you've pretty much covered all the points that I don't think Cingular bothered to consider in this recent move.

It's said that some of those customers are actually costing the company money. If that's true or not, I'll never know. Or really care for that matter.

Honestly, I'm hoping Cingular starts doing that to people around me since I'm a VZW dealer and it would increase my sales.
clr7181

Jul 27, 2006, 5:07 PM
Right on! Our sales have tripled for the month in the last 10 days!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.