Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Does anyone RELIABLE have a special on the VX9800?

guiri

Jul 11, 2006, 5:21 PM
Does anyone RELIABLE have a special on the VX9800?

I got totally screwed by LetsTalk.com and after having them jerk me around for 4 days, I cancelled the order today.

I will never try to do business with them again because NO ONE knows what they're doing, it's super hard to get hold of someone, they dont' call you back and much more.

So, does anyone know of a GOOD deal for the VX9800 from a REPUTABLE dealer that will deliver and IF there are rebates, that WILL honor the rebates?

I'm also a bit of a hurry because I wanted to do this while Verizon has a special for international calls and also, I have already ordered a case, a clip/holster, 1GB card, car charger, usb cable with software and bigger battery.

Again, so much for tru...
(continues)
krickt

Jul 11, 2006, 5:23 PM
I would say after all the crap you have taken with Let's Talk, that it would have been a better deal to go to a company store, or any store and just get one. At this point, any money you would save would be minor compared to the headaches that could still await you, as you try to save a few bucks.
guiri

Jul 11, 2006, 5:34 PM
You are VERY right, however, they had the damn thing for FREE after rebates. Assuming of course you get your rebate back.

IF I had gotten the rebate, then FREE is a good price to strive for. Yeah, you're right but I don't make much money. Expecting some, but don't have it yet so money IS a concern right now ☹️

Thanks for the reply

George
orphandrew

Jul 11, 2006, 5:38 PM
guiri said:
IF I had gotten the rebate, then FREE is a good price to strive for. Yeah, you're right but I don't make much money. Expecting some, but don't have it yet so money IS a concern right now ☹️

Yeah, if you don't have much money, maybe you shouldn't order an expensive mp3/camera phone loaded for bear with accessories.
guiri

Jul 11, 2006, 5:56 PM
True dat but the only reason I AM ordering it is because of the international offer and because I thought I would get it with the rebate and it would have been free.

Also, I really DO expect to get a bit of money in a month or so, so I can handle it till then.

As for the options, my ONLY requirements that I had (someone told me that this was the only phone that would meet those requirements) was a phone that I could use a bluetooth headset with, be able to connect to a (for future) laptop for a high speed connection, AND, I did NOT want a flip phone (wanted a candy bar style).

I couldn't find one, they didn't know shi* at my local verizon store so I decided to ask in a forum (here I think) and I was told that this one was the only o...
(continues)
orphandrew

Jul 11, 2006, 6:46 PM
Look at the prices that Verizon sells it for.

Then look at the prices that the "super-aweseome-interweb-deals!" sites sell it for.

Compare. Think.

If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. Getting a phone that sells with a two-year agreement for 200 for free? Suspiciously good deal. They pass the savings onto you...the savings from the other people who weren't able to leap on a Vespa through the flaming hoops required to collect the rebates. And if all the other people who weren't able to get them failed, what makes you the super sweepstakes winner who'll get past the ridiculous, Wirefly-like requirements?

Seriously. They don't custom-build phones to exclude the features you don't need, so you ended up picking one of ...
(continues)
orphandrew

Jul 11, 2006, 7:01 PM
And my initial point still stands; if you've got the money to blow on software, car charger, clip, etc., then you've got the spare cash to spend on a phone. You just don't want to spend it.
granteezie

Jul 11, 2006, 5:25 PM
where are you located?
VzwRsR

Jul 12, 2006, 8:50 AM
Just bite the bullet. Haveong no personal experience with them (lets talk) I can't badmouth them. However do you honestly believe they can just give those away all day long? Its a offer to entice online buisness their rebate requires you to be a cust for four months right? So no worry free guarentee.. etc.. etc..It sounds like your info is alittle off to you want the tethering computer option with your phone which you can't shell out 150-200 for how are you going to afford it? Its 60beans a month, it also appears from your other three posts that you have a low tolerance for online shopping. Again I don't work for them but what did you expect you placed your order at 2pm friday afternoon? Even if they had caught fedex/ups before five after pr...
(continues)
guiri

Jul 12, 2006, 10:32 AM
Well, to start with, I am biting the bullet.

Yes, as I said in an earlier mail, the offer was very good but I also thought that they will make their money from some kind of referral fee from verizon on the contract.

So no worry free guarentee.. etc.. etc..

I didn't expect it to be worry free. I figured I'd take a chance and even if I lose the rebate, I would have paid the same thing I would pay somewhere else. Of course, I was HOPING for the rebate to work out.

It sounds like your info is alittle off to you want the tethering computer option with your phone which you can't shell out 150-200 for how are you going to afford it? Its 60beans a month,

Yep, it's high and although I don't know IF I would be able to do it, I was buyi...
(continues)
Don.Mobile

Jul 12, 2006, 11:42 AM
I tried really hard to relate with you. I really did.

Here's the problem, I just don't care. I'm pretty sure (after reading the posts in here for the last two years) that most people in here don't either.

There I said it.

This forum is called "Shoptalk" this is where people in the "Biz" get together and discuss what happens at their jobs. Let me tell you like this: And you can quote me. "This is where we go to get away from customers." Like you. I'm not trying to be mean. But it's VERY SIMPLE. 😉

You have violated the sanctity of this forum, and you wonder why some of the responses have been less than helpful.

Try asking this question in the "General" forum. Best of luck.
guiri

Jul 12, 2006, 12:19 PM
Brother Don,

Actually, I didn't mean to intrude.

I DID see that it was for shop talk only and I thought about it for awhile if I should post here or not, BUT, since I was trying to find a good price, I figured you guys would know.

Needless to say, at this point you'll say, "well hell, you could have just posted the question and nothing else" and this is true but I wanted to give you guys some background too.

I DID post it in the general section as a reply to my previous post asking if letstalk are reliable and I did get replies there including from a guy that works there that offered to help me.

I won't be posting anything else here unless of course someone replies and since I think it's rude not to respond, I'll reply then.
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2006, 12:21 PM
I have to agree with Don, this is not the best place to put that question. This is our playground, our sanctuary and while customers are not forbidden to come here (though in a few cases they should be...) it is also a bad place to ask questions about how to get the best deal on anything. Most reps are not going to jump at the chance to either give you more things for less money or give the sale to somebody else so you're not particularly likely (as you've seen) to find much help or sympathy here.

I don't sympathize much, I paid for my phone because I value what it does. To most reps when you start asking for and demanding big discounts on phones (especially feature-heavy phones) you are basically saying you either don't understand or ...
(continues)
Don.Mobile

Jul 12, 2006, 1:06 PM
We need to put up an "Employees Only" sign on the door.
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2006, 1:15 PM
There are a handful of non-employees I don't think I'd mind and George doesn't seem too bad but it's really not the place for this conversation, either the Verizon Board or maybe the LG or the VX9800's boards would be much better places to put it.
Don.Mobile

Jul 12, 2006, 1:22 PM
Hey, if he wants to come in here and talk about mobile homes, or just customers in general, I have no problem with it. You're right, he doesn't sound like a bad guy.

But, you were also right about customers not having a place here. I think it was presumptuous and rude for him to ask us for help. Especially with him being a salesman himself. He should know better.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.