Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Question for retail.

Don.Mobile

Jul 11, 2006, 12:55 PM
Do you let people charge thier phones at your store?

If so, why?

If not, what are some of the reasons you tell customers?
silentscream

Jul 11, 2006, 12:57 PM
Most definately not, unless they're hot. Lol. I just tell them that we don't have the chargers just lying around, and we can't rip them out of the boxes in the back. Then I offer them a car charger. 😁
Jennyboo

Jul 11, 2006, 1:03 PM
Usually we do, we have chargers at everyone's desks to charge our own phones, so as long as we don't have our phone charging we'll do it for them
ondisplay

Jul 11, 2006, 1:45 PM
Yes. $5 charge. Unless they work in the mall or happen to be very hot
orphandrew

Jul 11, 2006, 1:57 PM
We do, for a $3, although I'm trying to get my boss to follow suit with an accessory dealer in this place and charge their phones if they buy the charger, although that's probably not going to happen. 😕
granteezie

Jul 11, 2006, 2:12 PM
i see no problem with it. i don't pay for electricity. it doesn't effect my paycheck. it might even be good for return buisiness.

you're on P and L right?
krickt

Jul 11, 2006, 3:35 PM
Yeah, but in my store, we don't usually have people that will leave their phone for a complete charging cycle, so it isn't an issue. I have charged phones for people before, but only if they can leave it for a couple of hours. If they come back repeatedly it's time for them to buy either a car charger or some kind of emergency charger.
granteezie

Jul 11, 2006, 3:48 PM
yeah, i tell them to go have lunch (maybe mention i'm hungry) and have them come back in a hour and the charge should be good enough to last them through the day.
spum

Jul 11, 2006, 3:50 PM
Wait for the guy that talks on his phone long enough to drain the battery to come back and start yelling at you because it didn't last the rest of the day when you said it would.
granteezie

Jul 11, 2006, 4:10 PM
i alwyas say should last the rest of the day.
spum

Jul 14, 2006, 3:22 PM
You know what they hear when you say that...

"The charge that I put on this phone should last the rest of the month. We have special chargers that give your battery an extra oomph when you need it."
granteezie

Jul 14, 2006, 3:24 PM
then i kick them in the dick.
spum

Jul 14, 2006, 3:28 PM
🤣
granteezie

Jul 14, 2006, 3:29 PM
if someone wants to complain about a favor i do for them, they deserve a quick kick in the genitals.
spum

Jul 14, 2006, 3:31 PM
It's not a favor. It's your JOB! What the hell is wrong with you?? You're wearing a (carrier) shirt, that means you have to do everything for people that pay their $20 monthly access fee.
spum

Jul 14, 2006, 3:32 PM
Especially if it means swallowing their semen.
granteezie

Jul 14, 2006, 3:34 PM
i call that a perk!
granteezie

Jul 14, 2006, 3:34 PM
true. it is ALWAYS my fault that they forgot to charge their phone before they left/left their charger in a hotel room a million miles away/ are too cheap to pay the 25 dollars to buy a CLA.
spum

Jul 14, 2006, 3:36 PM
That goes without saying.
spum

Jul 11, 2006, 2:18 PM
Yes. Why not? It's good customer service, and like granteezie said, I don't pay for the electricity.
freephones4all

Jul 13, 2006, 12:17 AM
Of course we do. If we have a charger for their phone.
Why not?
texaswireless

Jul 13, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yes.

Because it is a nice thing to do for someone. If I had someone who abused it I might ask them politely to buy a charger but I don't think I have ever seen the same person twice.
Foamy

Jul 13, 2006, 9:37 AM
If somebody asked me now, I might let them.

When I worked at Best Buy I used to get people who would do that all the time. They wouldn't ask though, they'd just plug it in when nobody was looking.

Joke was on them though when I went into the display and turned off the power strip.
timslo

Jul 13, 2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, as long as it is not abused. Like if they keep coming in everyday to charge their phone.
spum

Jul 14, 2006, 3:24 PM
Even then, I'll do it. I just plug it in and tell them to go run a few errands. It's not like I have to do anything extra WHILE it's charging. I mean, seriously...why not?
UOQuack

Jul 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
Yes.

It builds good will with the customer. They tell their friends, who hopefully come in and give me business. I have even charged phones for customers of other carriers. I always give out my business card and ask them to remember me if they think about switching carriers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.