Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Funny Stupid People

computerking

Jul 10, 2006, 2:18 PM
I have a customer who just signed up service with me November 2005. Recently he lost his phone, three days later he calls me to have his phone line suspended. I go over that normal replacment options (used, new@retail) of course he declined the insurance that I offered him last Nov.

Well a couple days after he suspended the line he comes in and buys a used phone (same model he lost) for $100. He goes away happy.

A few days after he bought the used equipment he comes in screaming at me because FS (Financial Services) call him stating that his account was past due by almost 2 months and he had until midnight tomorrow to pay up in full or his account will be suspended. Well he goes on and on about how the charges must be from the pers...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jul 10, 2006, 2:39 PM
So hmm... 2-3k to fight it on court vs $50 to pay the bill. Right. Must be the principle.
Sholyhit

Jul 11, 2006, 12:08 PM
Not only that, but they should take you to court as well, you A-hole. How dare you not risk your job to take a return on a product your computer probably won't even let you return anyways! You jerk! And I can't believe you refused to press your "change company policy" button on your keyboard. If you were only trained properly, you would know how to give them the "I've-paid-my-bill-for-2-months-now" Credit, which waives all financial responsibility the customer has. if I were him, I'd sue you for racial discrimination, no matter what race either of you are, and also for sexual harassment, because you were THINKING dirty thoughts about him, obviously... 🤣
bomb Diggity

Jul 11, 2006, 6:18 PM
Technically you could think anything you want about him. As long as you dont say anything you're good. I've worked with some hot girls, and I've thought MANY things about them. And because girls are weird, they could tell. But since I never said anything to them, they couldn't touch me.
Darkinday

Jul 16, 2006, 4:49 PM
Sholyhit said:
Not only that, but they should take you to court as well, you A-hole. How dare you not risk your job to take a return on a product your computer probably won't even let you return anyways! You jerk! And I can't believe you refused to press your "change company policy" button on your keyboard. If you were only trained properly, you would know how to give them the "I've-paid-my-bill-for-2-months-now" Credit, which waives all financial responsibility the customer has. if I were him, I'd sue you for racial discrimination, no matter what race either of you are, and also for sexual harassment, because you were THINKING dirty thoughts about him, obviously... 🤣

🤣
OB1J3D1

Jul 11, 2006, 1:00 PM
umm...so why was the account 2 months past due when you suspended the account? Or did you not suspend the account and he WAS getting charged for calls he did not make. hmm?
silentscream

Jul 11, 2006, 1:06 PM
Because suspended just means it doesn't work. You do still get charged monthly, and in some cases there is a reconnection fee, which could be as much as the activation origionally was. For stolen phones, you can sometimes get around this. Either way, you still have the number, so you're still getting charged. The main reason you suspend it is so whoever has it can't make ridiculous calls to other countries, etc, and run up the bill.
Jennyboo

Jul 11, 2006, 1:09 PM
We don't have a reconnection fee for taking a phone off suspend...but yes it is still billed while it is suspended.

If somebody is very irate about the charges, sometimes we will credit those days back, or at least go halfway with the customer.
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2006, 1:37 PM
Days though, not weeks and months, if you're phone is lost or stolen you should really make an effort to get it replaced in a reasonable amount of time (though if you want to pay for service you can't use for three months I guess that's your prerogative but it's not our fault you didn't make an effort to get a new phone and didn't bother to have insurance on the old one.)
Jennyboo

Jul 11, 2006, 1:45 PM
True, I should've specified more. We most definitely NOT credit back three months worth of service just because someone didn't even try to get a new phone.

Days yes or maybe

Months definitely not
computerking

Jul 12, 2006, 9:16 AM
His account was 2 months past due on normal monthly charges; no overage, nothing extra at all. It was already past due when I suspended it. Nothing was done on his phone after it was lost, besides it had no data access, no international dialing. It was a bare bone plan.

One of the points I was making is he waited about three days before he asked for the line suspension.

Another funny point...He said he apparently placed a call TO HIS lost cell phone shortly before the suspension and a lady answered. (He dialed the wrong #) He ripped her a new @$$ hole because she apparently had his cell phone. I did a call record search, and no calls were made to or from his cell phone after he lost it.

He also tried the whole "I shouldn't have...
(continues)
Darkinday

Jul 16, 2006, 5:09 PM
🤣 HA! not our fault the stupid git lost his precious phone...

Cst- I lost my phone

Rep- I'm sorry.

Cst- Well?

Rep- Well what?

Cst- I want a new phone.

Rep- I want a new house and Angelina Jolie as my personal slave... wants and needs... guess what, I just don't give a damn. Sorry
krickt

Jul 17, 2006, 2:48 PM
Don't you just wish you could get away with that!
k
silentscream

Jul 12, 2006, 9:54 AM
I just had a woman walk in here with her mom. They needed to cancel service. I told them they would have to call customer service, I couldn't do it in store. They accept that. Then they ask if I could find out with the phone number was. They don't have a bill, they've lost the phone, and there isn't a dang thing I can do to help any of it. Then she just looks at me with that face of, "You've gotta be kidding? You can't just look her up?" Meanwhile, I'm have the expression of, "You've gotta be kidding, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

Crazy people.
marie2600

Jul 12, 2006, 9:58 AM
They think you can just magically make it appear. 😉
artax80

Jul 12, 2006, 4:45 PM
It should be a requirement in the wireless industry that every employee be supplied with a magic wand and a crystal ball, since most customers seem to think we have them anyway. 🙄
clr7181

Jul 12, 2006, 4:49 PM
It is all along ths same lines of how we sit in the back stock room in a circle deciding what POS phone we can sell to the next poor bastard of a customer. For some reason these A-Holes think we seriously WANT to see them on a daily basis.
artax80

Jul 12, 2006, 4:56 PM
Oh, and let's not forget about installing little black boxes inside all the phones. That way, when a customer comes in with a broken/liqiud damaged phone, we can see that it didn't work BEFORE they did whatever act of stupidity caused the demise of their phone in the first place. Please, I'm a sales rep, not Miss Cleo!!
clr7181

Jul 12, 2006, 5:00 PM
I can see it already. If phones had a little black box like the airliners do... We'd take it out to investigate what is wrong with the phone, 90% of what we would hear as recorded in the "****pit" would prolly be the mighty roar of a toilet flushing. Full of $hit cusomers = full of $hit phones.
krickt

Jul 12, 2006, 5:19 PM
Okay, I just had a customer come in and tell me that after 3 months of service, our company re-programmed his phone and the towers to deliver less than perfect service. He said that it was common practice for all cell phone companies to reprogram the phones and the service to not work as well so that the customer would come back into the store to get more features that would allow the phone to work better. He wanted me to update his service and then add at least one feature to his phone, then go back in and take off that feature so that he wouldn't get charged for it, then he would get better service for at least 3 more months. I just stood there staring. What do you say in the face of that kind of stupidity! We ended up taking voicemai...
(continues)
Foamy

Jul 12, 2006, 5:22 PM
I would've just said ok. Played a game of solitaire and as soon as the game was done. I tell him it was finished and he's all set.

If he's dumb enough to believe what he's saying, he'll be dumb enough to fall for that too.
Jennyboo

Jul 12, 2006, 5:22 PM
😕

Seriously, what is he talking about....
burger_with_fries81

Jul 12, 2006, 6:18 PM
I woulda just tacked an unlimited data plan on and told him the carriers also monitor our transactions and will give him the uber-service-upgrade with the purchase of a top-of the-line Bluetooth headset.
krickt

Jul 13, 2006, 11:16 AM
I couldn't speak for a moment. My mom (who also works in this store with me) asked him where he got this information, and he said it was common knowlege and to ask any customer service rep. I'm still shaking my head about it.
Darkinday

Jul 16, 2006, 5:15 PM
artax80 said:
Oh, and let's not forget about installing little black boxes inside all the phones. That way, when a customer comes in with a broken/liqiud damaged phone, we can see that it didn't work BEFORE they did whatever act of stupidity caused the demise of their phone in the first place. Please, I'm a sales rep, not Miss Cleo!!

hehe miss cleo was a fraud... hehehe 😛
marie2600

Jul 12, 2006, 5:27 PM
I agree, alot of customers say i know my #. We need more then that, sometimes.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.