Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I try to warn them

Nikoletta

Jul 5, 2006, 2:03 PM
I really do try to warn people "Oh I saw it on www.givemefreestuffbecauseithinkiamspecial.co m for free with a free blue tooth headset... " and whatever. It doesn't matter. I try to warn them, say 'That's a third party web-site, here are some thing you really need to be aware of...' But nobody listens, that's pretty normal, what this little princess said was really special.

"Well I work for an attorney's office, if they try and make me pay anything I didn't agree too then... well it's on them, they won't like it."

Rrrrriiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt. Sure precious, you just keep thinking that. Problem is they do say it's there, that there are these fees and penalties if you do certain things, they just put them in little bitty print and you...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jul 5, 2006, 2:07 PM
You do realize that much of that "fine print" is illegal depending on what state you are in and that the "fine print" even has a disclaimer for such cases.

Basically they put everything they can into it, and hope that consumers (much like their reps) are too stupid to understand that it does not necessarily apply.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 5, 2006, 2:09 PM
I'm not sure what those third party sites do. Can you give me some examples of how they might rip off a consumer?
Nikoletta

Jul 5, 2006, 3:33 PM
Sure.

Some of the list...

If you change your number within 6 months, there is a $350 charge to your credit card (this includes porting your number.)

Will sign you up with another provider if there is a problem with the credit check.

7 day return policy (we offer 20)

If you cancel service or have service suspended within 181 days you will be charged $250 (in addition to the Big Pink $200 fee.)

If you have discontinued service with Big Pink within the last 12 months, you will be charged $300 by (insert site name here.)

That's some of the stuff we know about that isn't (as far as I know) super common at most 3rd party stores, I don't usually have trouble with the stores, if you're a good store rep (3rd party or other...
(continues)
FONEFRENZY

Jul 6, 2006, 10:46 PM
i dont know about all of the online dealers, but for inphonic....

Nikoletta said:

If you change your number within 6 months, there is a $350 charge to your credit card (this includes porting your number.)

its actually $250, and they are supposed to port their number at the time of order. If they do it then, theres no problem. But we get our profit from the PHONE NUMBER being active for 6 months. If you change that number, we arent getting paid by the carrier so we are going to get paid by the consumer.

Nikoletta said:

Will sign you up with another provider if there is a problem with the credit check.

Wrong! we send them a list of other offers they c...
(continues)
OB1J3D1

Jul 7, 2006, 12:23 PM
FONEFRENZY said:
i dont know about all of the online dealers, but for inphonic....

Nikoletta said:

its actually $250, and they are supposed to port their number at the time of order. If they do it then, theres no problem. But we get our profit from the PHONE NUMBER being active for 6 months. If you change that number, we arent getting paid by the carrier so we are going to get paid by the consumer.

Fonefrenzy,

I seriously hope you are not speaking from first hand experience nor a employee of inphonic. I just read ALL of the fine print on the SERO
(continues)
FONEFRENZY

Jul 7, 2006, 9:46 PM
unfortunately, every day for the last 1 1/2 years is my experience..LOL, no but our SERO is a little different. I'm not sure why but some of the terms are changed. You can change your number with the SERO offer, and there is no $250 Equipment discount fee either.

On days like today I dont know why I defend my company so much (our systems have been sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow), but I guess I hear so many negative comments I get FIESTY! 😈
Nikoletta

Jul 7, 2006, 12:50 PM
Depends on the 3rd party precious, I took this list from a variety of different 3rd parties, not just one, as an example. So no, I'm not "Wrong!" as you so enthusiastically put it, just that you're particular group isn't one of the ones that does that particular little trick.

And I'm not arguing with WHY it's done, I'm just saying it's done (such as the extra termination penalty.) I'm also not a fan, because most of the customer who sign up that way don't read the T&Cs closely, they never do. I think it's scammy and frankly, if they set up service with a Corp store or with my depart they can change around all they want with no penalties.

Even we can't place the order if they've had a cancel in the last 90 days, that's carrier policy...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jul 7, 2006, 12:55 PM
Sorry about the precious thing, I wasn't trying to get snotty with you just that your block-quotes bring up unpleasant plook-like connotations and raise my hackles.
FONEFRENZY

Jul 7, 2006, 10:04 PM
Okay, well before I read THIS comment, I called you precious too....sorry! and I've been reading for a few months and know ALL about the pooky thing. 🙂
FONEFRENZY

Jul 7, 2006, 10:05 PM
uh...pLooky
FONEFRENZY

Jul 7, 2006, 10:02 PM
Nikoletta,

Sorry, I wasnt trying to argue! Actually, right before I read your post I had a customer call in telling me I had personaly scammed her b/c she didnt read the terms. I guess I was lashing out at you for it..SOrry 🤭

But just so you know, I dont particularily like being called precious, precious. 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.