Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Roll Call

Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2006, 8:56 AM
So how many poor saps are stuck working today? Somebody in our management decided we should be open from 7am - 6pm... anybody who normally would have worked before 10 gets the 7 am shift. Just shoot me. 4:30 in the morning comes AWFUL early when you have to actually haul you sleepy butt out of bed (especially when your dogs KNOW it's too early to get up and try to lay on you to keep you in bed.)
aemsafd

Jul 4, 2006, 8:58 AM
9AM- 7PM
Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2006, 9:06 AM
That's my normal shift actually, 9-6, so this 7 in the morning thing bites.
aemsafd

Jul 4, 2006, 9:10 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean.

At my new job, the only Field Training Officer works 0600-1400. So I had to be at work at six in the morning, four days in a row. And I'm doing that again tomorrow.
Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2006, 9:26 AM
Ouch, that makes my brain hurt. And I'm going to beat my co-workers about the head and shoulders with a stick. I've taken two calls this morning, they've taken none... and you know why they've taken none? They're sitting in Aux codes instead of actually autoing in so while I'm busy nerfting my sales average (because the people calling in today are dumber than the usual crowd... who the hell calls to buy a mobile phone on the 4th of July? The same idiots who call on Thanksgiving!) But they'll send most of us home pretty quickly seeing how it's a holiday here but not in Canada so they'll probably keep the Canadian reps on line and pitch us out first.
aemsafd

Jul 4, 2006, 9:30 AM
That'll work.
Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2006, 9:52 AM
Looks like it's just you and me having our little party today. I should have brought the rum! I have all kinds of fun drinks back at the house but here I was an idiot and forgot to bring any booze to work.
satch of the moe

Jul 4, 2006, 10:00 AM
i am 6 to 2:30 i know your pain
orphandrew

Jul 4, 2006, 10:05 AM
11-6.
newfette

Jul 4, 2006, 10:48 AM
I'm here... but it's not a holiday for me 😁
VZdubs

Jul 4, 2006, 11:39 AM
I'm here. 9-4 for me. Probably gonna deal with some real fun stupidity today. Yay!
Nikoletta

Jul 4, 2006, 12:04 PM
They're coming out in droves, I've had ONE intelligent customer today (my one sale so far) out of 8 calls. That's a whopping 12.5%
Sholyhit

Jul 4, 2006, 11:54 AM
I'm here. 9:30-6:30. No plans for tonight either.
craptacularwireless

Jul 4, 2006, 12:51 PM
Me ☹️ ☹️ 😢
longsleeves

Jul 4, 2006, 1:29 PM
I'm here and I hate holidays they used to be slow so we could chill now it's always busy and I have to actually help customers. 👿
motosux

Jul 4, 2006, 1:30 PM
we're 10-6 and have yet to sell anything. fun.

Everyone who's called today to ask "how long are you open" I've been telling 5pm. That's all I need is to sit here all day just for some jackass to come in at 5:55pm and keep me here even later than I should be in the first place.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.