Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

pay structure

chainsaw

Jun 27, 2006, 10:31 PM
How do you guys get paid? We are switching to a brand new pay structure and it raises a lot of concern.
Nikoletta

Jun 28, 2006, 11:09 AM
Our center is base pay + commission. Both of the kinda suck. Out base pay is higher than a lot of places in the area but that's started to change as the Arbys up the street from my apartment just put up that they're hiring at the same hourly as our base pay. Our commissions are WEAK too, we get max $6 a sale but if we have too many calls we can end up with 80 accts and not get paid diddly poop on any of them (had that happen to me, actually it was 83 accts in a two week period and I got $1 each... you'd think the fact that I activated 83 (!) lines in a two week period could count for something but noooooo.) But anyways, yeah, base hourly plus weak-sauce commissions.
silentscream

Jun 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
Ours is hourly + comm too, but I we have a little better structure. The higher the rate plan, the more you get paid, both on act and upgrade. You add that with the price of the phone plus and features, then subtract out the cost of the phone. On upgrades it can range anywhere from $10 and up, on activations it's a lot higher. Then with all of the rev added up at the end of the month, it goes into brackets. 0-2,499 you get 5%, 2,500 - 4,999 is 7.5%, 5,000 - 6,999 is 10%, and it goes up from there, but no one really get's more than a little over 5 in any given month.

Base hourly starts at 6.50, which with minimum being 5.15, that's not bad. Raises at 90 days, then a year.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 11:33 AM
we have comm or hourly here, whichever is higher, the hourly is only 7.50 but the comm is great, i made 120 on a 1 line deal yesterday
comm for acts range from 20 - 75 and upgrades are 20, also get spiffs from accs., data, insurance, and certain phones
bomb Diggity

Jun 29, 2006, 2:23 PM
We are hourly plus commission here. $10 an hour, plus at least $10 per activation (add a dollar for every vertical, five for adding a line, four for internet)
clr7181

Jun 28, 2006, 11:35 AM
Well depending on if you are in Management or just Sales...Depends how you are paid in my company. Since a lot of my sales reps read this board, I am unable to post how I am paid, personally... But I will give you the basics of how it works at our company.

Base + Commissions. Each sale contributes towards your commissions. You make 5% of all accessory sales (whether it is a combined bundle or not). If there is a special going where you give an accessory free, you get $1 for putting that accessory out the door. With Activations it varies. Depending if they are activating a Family Share Account (Primary or Secondary), or if they are just activating a single line plan, makes the difference between your commissions. New Account Comm's ...
(continues)
chainsaw

Jun 28, 2006, 12:27 PM
I totally agree. We have the same sort of deal set up for our customers. Depending on what plan/how long they have had their phones they may be eligible for better prices than new customers. It is great.
Nikoletta

Jun 28, 2006, 2:56 PM
No matter which way it works they're going to do their best to pay you the least they think they can get away with while trying to squeeze the life (and as much revenue for themselves) out of you like a peach in a vise.
chainsaw

Jun 28, 2006, 2:59 PM
You could also say that they are trying to pay you as much as possible. We make pretty dang good money for not working super hard.
Nikoletta

Jun 28, 2006, 3:01 PM
My experience has always been that the management wants you to think they're paying you as much as possible when in truth they are trying to find ways to trick you into thinking you'll get more money while actually paying you less in the end. Of course my managers are unscrupulous weasels too.
canyoubelievethisjack...

Jun 28, 2006, 3:34 PM
i dont get pay enough to even bother talking about it.
DEREK FOREEL

Jun 29, 2006, 2:14 PM
We get paid here in on 2 types of scales... 1st scale is "Full time" wich is salary+comm base salary is 500.00 every two weeks and 10-12 dollars for new acts. 2nd scale is "part-time" wich is 6.50+1/2 comm of FT. so 5-6 per act. and 1/2 the price of the feature. the problem here is that there are only 4 "full time" people and 5 "part time" people that work 36-42 hrs a week.... so here you have people working the same amount of hours as the salary people, doing the exact same activations, upgrades, and customer service...but making 1/2 the pay... i think its a little messed up. its there way of staying under budget.
☹️

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.