Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Form over functionality?

Sholyhit

Jun 23, 2006, 7:30 PM
So why do people want phones that LOOK cool? Why don't they care if it works?
Compare a nokia 6255i with a Motorola V3c Razr. The nokia blows it away as far as features, AND has better reception, as it's tri-mode instead of dual-band like the Razr. It's the SAME PRICE normally, but people don't care because the Razr is on TV. I mean... I know I'm a guy and all, and I prefer a phone that works rather than a phone that looks cool, but if I'm going to pay ANY amount of money for something, let alone $150 and signing a 2 year contract, I want to get the most for my money...
disco inferno

Jun 23, 2006, 7:35 PM
agreed
chainsaw

Jun 23, 2006, 8:42 PM
I think it boils down to getting laid. See..it is a status symbol and guys think that since it looks cool chicks will want to do them. And girls want them because they are "cute".
spum

Jun 23, 2006, 10:34 PM
My girlfriend has a pink RAZR.

*hangs head in shame*
So Cal 1155

Jun 24, 2006, 2:12 AM
spum said:
My girlfriend has a pink RAZR.

*hangs head in shame*

LOL 🤣 !!
Sholyhit

Jun 24, 2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah but honestly... when was the last time you were walking around in the mall and a chick came up to you and was like "Hey... nice phone. Wanna do it?" 🤣 So I was watching Carlos Mencia on TV last night and they did the skit with the fashion line. A girl came out and Carlos was like "You know those pants that say 'juicy' on the back. Well here's what they MEAN!" The girl turns around and on the back of the pants it says 'look at my ass' LOL!
Himself

Jun 24, 2006, 10:52 AM
It's all about show over go.
-T---Micah-

Jun 24, 2006, 3:49 PM
Agreed. I carried the Nokia 6600 for the longest time and tried to sell to as many customers as I could. For a while it was T-Mobiles best phone in everyway. But no buddy wanted it because it was not a flip, or it was too big, or they didn't like the color, or it looked like an egg. Image is all that matters to the consumer these days and it makes me sick. Society is so brain washed by the media. They live there lives based off of a TV commercial. It really is sad.
Jennyboo

Jun 24, 2006, 7:47 PM
About three years ago I had the Sanyo 4900 brick....It's not the prettiest phone but man it seriously blows half the crap now outta the water. Battery lasted sometimes up to a week with normal usage, and the strongest signal I've ever had with a phone. But no, I didn't sell very many because people thought it was ugly and didn't care if it was a rock solid phone. 😕
chainsaw

Jun 24, 2006, 8:37 PM
See Motorola is smart. They realize that americans can't remember model numbers like nokia 6600,22,82, etc they remember names like the Razr, Slvr, Pebl. I think Nokia should start giving their phones names like the Nokia Papr, so thin it will cut you.. or how bout the Dmb phone for dumb people, or the ever popular Ldrly for seniors.
krickt

Jun 26, 2006, 3:47 PM
Just wait, now that Nokia isn't going to be doing CDMA phones anymore, names may be more common. I'm so sad that we are losing Nokia!
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2006, 1:11 PM
People are sheep, they want the name, most of them have no idea what it does, they say "bluetooth, what's that?" So my answer... because people are stupid.
krickt

Jun 26, 2006, 3:48 PM
My answer is... "So I can put another $40-$100 on your reciept." So far I've only had one customer catch me on it. We giggled and then I showed him a little of what you can do with a BT.
celtic_flirt

Jul 18, 2006, 2:15 PM
I just had something like this happen to me.
I lost a 4 line deal with plenty of data because we didnt have the right color of the razr that they wanted, we even offered a loaner phone for the entire day that (oh my goodness) he would have to go without the charcoal razr....
and this after about an hour of negotiations. Pissed me off to no extent.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.