Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Iron Fist

silentscream

Jun 15, 2006, 3:11 PM
My manager just slammed one down. We had someone come in for an interview today, a SECOND interview. This interview involves my District Manager. Those words alone should give a person the idea to dress a little more professionally, but no, this person decides to come in wearing jeans. My store manager stopped them in the front and told them that jeans were unprofessional and to take this as a life lesson. Sucks to be that person.
excerus

Jun 15, 2006, 3:13 PM
I had that same thing happen today, a young girl comes in to drop off a resume wearing jeans and flip flops, she didnt get out of the store before I threw it in the trash. First impressions are really important.
silentscream

Jun 15, 2006, 3:15 PM
Well, he had an interview YESTERDAY with my local managers, in jeans. They let it slide, and told him to make sure to dress professionally coming in for the DM. HE STILL WORE JEANS. Not a bright one I guess.
Atavist Arise

Jun 15, 2006, 3:24 PM
you know that's illegal in most states, right?
heresyursign25

Jun 16, 2006, 10:44 AM
You read my mind Atavist Arise
Don.Mike

Jun 15, 2006, 3:29 PM
law says to keep for a year
excerus

Jun 15, 2006, 4:20 PM
well hopefully skank girl wont sue me.
mrraincoat

Jun 15, 2006, 5:16 PM
I dropped my resume off here at our HQ in khakis and a polo.

He called me 20 minutes before he wanted to interview. I was still working at the local ironworks when he called, so I took a lunch and told him to "expect the unexpected" because I was dressed to work, not to interview.

So I come in a wife beater, black jean shorts that are cut off with some 6 year old shoes smelling like holy hell.

I got the job.

Because my resume is hung like WHOA.

*giggles*

Or they were desperate, I just thought the line "my resume is hung like WHOA" sounded neat.
bomb Diggity

Jun 15, 2006, 5:41 PM
You have to be dressed to impress when you're in an interview. I didn't take any chances for this job. I went all out... tie.. tie pin... the whole works...
alejandro

Jun 15, 2006, 5:52 PM
i showed up in my french maid outfit and was hired on the spot
brentgodwin

Jun 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
😳 😳

I have had better visuals....

😳 😳
thegreatcatwoman

Jun 15, 2006, 5:57 PM
Lol... I was offered this job as an indirect agent while I was working in a record store - body piercings, tie-dye, and all. 😉
Don.Mike

Jun 15, 2006, 6:46 PM
shoot. tie, tie chain, collar pin, cufflinks. i always get jobs. that and i'm certified in behavioral based interviewing, so i do really well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.