Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

F*cking thieves. Goddammit.

-T---Micah-

Jun 10, 2006, 6:17 PM
I just got fast changed by some guy. Normally I am not fooled by these guys, but he was good. He was buying an accessory and paid with cash, so I didnt get a name or number. Which sucks. As soon as he started switching money around on me I told him to get lost, because I knew what he was trying to do. When he left I counted my till. It is 30 dollars short. I am so pissed. I thought all the money was accounted for and straightened out before he took off, but apparrently I was wrong. This blows. Thats 30 bucks out of my pocket. Either that or a write up. So I have offically made dick today at work. What a terrible saturday. Someone needs to chain these kinda people up behind their vehicle and drag them for 20 miles or so face dow...
(continues)
Cigee

Jun 10, 2006, 7:55 PM
Yeah I have a woman that does that. Well she would try anyways until we got the payment machine. Now she is pissed because we wont let her pay at the counter and she can't purchase anything here with cash. She is a crackhead (no joke) and so on occasion shegets a little feisty and we have to kick her out. She got 20 bucks from me when she first did. Damned if I didn't call her and tell her if she was any kind of a descent person she would bring it back. She never did and now she wont even look at me. She swears she didnt do it. 2 weeks later she tried it with my boss and thats when my boss layed down this womans limitations.
Don.Mike

Jun 10, 2006, 8:05 PM
well hello...
captainplooky

Jun 10, 2006, 9:19 PM
How does this process work?
MotoJoe22

Jun 10, 2006, 9:26 PM
I dont know how anyone could scam that much.. One way of fast talking is like saying..

"Can i get change for this 20?"
Sales Rep "Sure what do you want?"
"Can i get 2 tens and a five?"

I have no idea how else it could work..
Cigee

Jun 11, 2006, 5:43 PM
Basically they get you as confused as they possibly can and then when it feels like your head is spinning so fast from the exchange that just happened they tell you you didnt give them their change.
MotoJoe22

Jun 11, 2006, 5:56 PM
Ohh, wow.. I would love for someone to try and pull it on me.. I wonder if anyone could..
-T---Micah-

Jun 11, 2006, 2:57 PM
MotoJoe22s version is a simple one. Basically they keep changing the money on you with intention to confuse you and have you give them back too much change or let them get away with paying too little.. I am still not sure how this guy got away with it. But here is what happened from what I can remember. The total for the sale was 53 something. First he hands me a twenty. I was like sir this instant enough. He said oh I thought I gave you a hundred. Give me the twenty back. He hands me a 50. Again I still need 4 more dollars. Then he pulls of a hundred and hands me that. I ring the sale for the hundred, then he says oh give the hundred back I have 54. Then he leaves. Somewhere in there I lost thirty bucks. I still havent figur...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jun 12, 2006, 3:08 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was something like that, but was unsure.
Cigee

Jun 11, 2006, 5:39 PM
It's easy.....Ms.Crackhead comes in. She walks to one of our pods and says she wants to pay her bill. We ask her what currency she is using. She says cash. We say go to the machine. She gets mad because she wants to fast change us. Boss tells her for the 5th time that she is not allowed to pay cash in the store at a pod. Same Ms. Crackhead comes in a week later. Wants to buy minutes. What currency? Cash.......no, you are not allowed to pay cash at a pod anymore Ms.Crackhead. She growls and leaves. Got it?
Whitehorse

Jun 11, 2006, 3:23 PM
Fricking carnies like this piss me off too... Perhaps you could ask them to appear in your local production of Hostel? 😈
LIL K

Jun 12, 2006, 9:30 AM
Crackheads and carnies together...that is sooo hot!!
Whitehorse

Jun 12, 2006, 4:56 PM
That's just wrong dude; I got a mental image & feel the need to vomit in projectile fashion... 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.