Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

NO!

Atavist Arise

Jun 9, 2006, 8:27 PM
i come in today, and my first customer was a customer wanting to upgrade... awesome, i start on my spiel...

she stops me and tells me the phone was dropped in a pool yesterday, and they had removed insurance 3 months ago, and were not elligible to upgrade... wow. this customer seems smart.

well, she explains that the phone USED TO drop calls, has for a WHOLE YEAR OF SERVICE, and she has only done 1 XBM. after i explain that she cannot use XBM again to exhange the phone, she begins yelling, telling me that they SHOULD because she had been having problems for a year.

i stopped her, and repeated everything back to her.

"SO, you've had this phone for three hundred and sixty five PLUS days, and it's been dropping calls left and rig...
(continues)
Mid_Isle

Jun 10, 2006, 3:50 PM
Atavist Arise said:
i... HATE... Cell phones

You and me both, buddy.
-T---Micah-

Jun 10, 2006, 4:07 PM
Atavist Arise said:
i... HATE... Cell phones

I second that statement 👿
Mid_Isle

Jun 10, 2006, 5:53 PM
Get in line 😉
-T---Micah-

Jun 10, 2006, 6:19 PM
Oh yeah. I mean I third it.
CorMor

Jun 14, 2006, 12:09 AM
I don't hate cell phone just the stupid people who use them 🙂
canyoubelievethisjack...

Jun 19, 2006, 3:36 PM
its like saying "guns dont kill people, assh..les pull triggers" cellphone are not bad, now people who use them and dont understand the we dont own the actual company we are working for, well thats just a differnt story.
colione112

Jun 10, 2006, 11:45 PM
People in my store tell customers to do the whole go phone thing all the time (through walmart)

Recently they've (walmart) have been telling people to bring them to us because they have to get unlocked... Are they really that stupid, or are they just trying to get the customer to do extra work??
Atavist Arise

Jun 13, 2006, 4:56 PM
try secret shopping thoase guys sometime... they REALLY are thaqt stupid.

so is Radio shack, and a few of those "joe-bob's wireless house-o-rama" places.
guido1869

Jun 13, 2006, 5:04 PM
there's a reason why radioshack is going out of business
colione112

Jun 13, 2006, 6:30 PM
I used to be an asst mgr for walmart... some of the stuff the employees would tell customers was absolutely rediculous. It isn't necessarily their fault, because the wireless associates there aren't trained even a fraction of what the corp, agents, or radio shack are. Their primary goal is to sign people up for service. There is no "pressure" to sell features. They do a basic activation.

They tell them their new number, show them what the first bill will be(supposed to), and rarely show them how to use the phone in general.
Pslim77

Jun 20, 2006, 1:30 PM
Radioshack, Best buy, and Walmart are not worth a dime when it comes to any of these things you are talking about. They all breach their contract for customer care as far as I am concerned. I think it's a trip that they send their customers to me to take care of the problems that their rep create. If you ask me, I think they all should be banned from selling anything that has to do with wireless technology. But then again. I don't want to deal with the trailor park trash that they take care of. Keep up the good work. RETARDS!!!!
krickt

Jun 20, 2006, 1:51 PM
Now there you go over generalizing again. You ahve to separate RadioShack. There is corporate RadioShack, which seems to be doing their darndest to ruin what used to be a great company, and then there are dealer/franchise. We in the dealer/franchise group work hard to earn customer respect and to learn as much as we can about the products and services we sell. We have to, we don't have a corporation to bail us out like the corporate stores do.
Septhian

Jun 14, 2006, 7:52 AM
I was in a Radio Shak recently, There was a woman who's husband bought a GSM phone overseas, the guy told her as long as it is GSM to call CS to activate it on her line
Absolutely no questions as to if it is a quad-band phone.
Me being the caring individual I am, looked in to it; a Nokia works on 900MHz, 1.8GHz and will not work here.

They lost a sale, I gained one.

Thank you, Radio Shak
krickt

Jun 14, 2006, 9:47 AM
I'm so mad at RadioShack I could scream. Our Regional Manager only comes to my store once a year these days, and every time it's the same thing (btw, i'm a dealer not franchise) We should have a "flunky/data entry" person selling phones and have our "good" sales people selling the other stuf from RadioShack, focusing on sirius (which is cool, but a slow seller around here) dish (we don't have an installer and make only $25 on a sale). He says that phones sales are easy, and we shouldn't waste time or energy trying to sell them, that they sell themselves. I'm supposed to "talk" a customer into buying a phone and then hand them off to my flunky (his words not mine) to enter the information into the computer. This is why RadioShack and big ...
(continues)
cingcing

Jun 13, 2006, 7:18 PM
There has been an uproar in my market about Corp and agents sending customers into walmart and bartells to get prepaid phones. Corp has Z300's for 50 or 60 bucks, and even my RAE said it was ok to send them there.
colione112

Jun 13, 2006, 9:29 PM
hell yea.. why deplete our inventory when we can send them to walmart lol
cingcing

Jun 22, 2006, 1:11 PM

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.