Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Sick of Lying Customers

freephones4all

May 18, 2006, 11:53 PM
This girl is trying to upgrade her phone and tells me she is Ms. So n So. Then tries to use a student ID as ID. Has no DL. Finally she slips and I find out she and mom have the same name and that it's mom's account . I tell her in a retail store we have to have Ms So n So here in person to sign the agreement. The girl keeps saying but I AM Ms So n So! We have the same name. So the girl, her boyfriend, and his mother leave. Go to another store and upgrade. Then the boyfriend's mom calls our store 3 times to escalate the issue to complain that I didnt help them, and accused the girlfriend of lying. she tells my manager that I did all sorts of crap. Lying B!#. The girlfriend got busted and embarrassed herself. Now I'll probably get written up a...
(continues)
Protege

May 19, 2006, 8:03 AM
freephones4all said:
Then the boyfriend's mom calls our store 3 times to escalate the issue to complain that I didnt help them, and accused the girlfriend of lying.

But why would she call the g/f a liar if she was on her side.. wasn't she??
freephones4all

May 19, 2006, 11:05 AM
sorry. my bad grammar. she said i called the girlfriend a liar. it's a stupid situation because this girl is no relation even. just her son's girlfriend/trick.
Vote_4_Pedro

May 19, 2006, 8:15 AM
I am totally 100% with you on this one. I am Indirect, but we have the same policy. We had a customer on Tuesday that had a line in her husband's name, not eligible for upgrade, no insurance, and had a physically damaged phone. She INSISTED that we upgrade her and that we let her sign. I explained that even if eligible, her husband would have to be present, she started giving a sob story about a death in the family and that she did not have time to mess around with it, and that we are treating her like a criminal. I laughed but told her that it is the criminal that has created this policy, and that we treat everyone the same, it is POLICY. I was not sympathetic only because the last time this woman came in with her husband to get a new phone...
(continues)
Vox Dei

May 19, 2006, 8:58 AM
Not only is it policy...It's the law. You cannot sign a contract in your mothers name. It's just not legal unless you have power of atterney over your mother (or husband or who ever you are trying to sign for). You both did the right thing because if the account holder would have disputed it then it would have been you a$$ on the line.
Vote_4_Pedro

May 19, 2006, 1:42 PM
THANK YOU CUZ I'M STILL MAD!! BUT I LOVE LAMP.
Protege

May 19, 2006, 9:42 AM
SO TIRED OF TEARS
sprintwtex

May 19, 2006, 2:40 PM
when dealing with these types of customers, i always have 1 song in my head...it helps me get through the day: Cake - Nugget. "i don't wanna hear it...shut the f*** up!" now where you might get into trouble is when you "accidentally" start serenading customers with this in store.
Vox Dei

May 19, 2006, 2:44 PM
Has that happened to you once or twice mabye? 😈
crxtreme89

May 19, 2006, 6:06 PM
People are crap sometimes. I am also burnt out, but can't take a vacation cause I am needed at my store.
cheerios

May 19, 2006, 6:12 PM
Yes you are
Sholyhit

May 20, 2006, 10:42 AM
I get lying people in on a daily basis unfortunately. Some of them make me smile though, like when people tell me they get 2000 minutes, nights and weekends at 6, free incoming, mobile to mobile, unlimited walkie talkie, downloads, unlimited text, etc... for $25/month with NEXTEL! LOL! That's right silly people, if you lie to me about what you have now, our prices will magically change! 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.