Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

We're all in the same gang - back to basics

Iselltheshitoutofphones

Jul 9, 2004, 8:18 PM
I find it funny.....reading many columns, threads, and forums, on this website. I read slander, humor, helpful facts, legitimate questions, and sometimes bullshit.

When it comes down to the brass tacks and competition, we are all in the same boat... slaves to the wireless industry. Some of us do this to support a family, some a college education, some for beer money, and some because they have a serious thirst for the job, and that is all they know.

When browsing the websites all carriers have advantages and disadvantages. But I ask all of you a couple of questions. Do you truly enjoy your job? Can so say that you are excited to go to work? Do you make good money, the honest way and not sell a customer a phone for the sake of the sale...
(continues)
phonepimp3376

Jul 9, 2004, 8:40 PM
Well done, will... you just made just about every point I have ever tried to make!
JDigital

Jul 10, 2004, 3:53 AM
I manage a successful dealership of several carriers, and we are successful for exactly the reasons you just described. Because I am indirect, I feel like I'm already starting behind the eight ball and I try that much harder to go the extra mile, which is why I take it so personally when people trash indirects on here. Thanks for your post.
GWFOX

Jul 10, 2004, 9:29 AM
Same here JDigital.

I also thank you Isellthesheetoutofphones for that post. There are many of us out there that think like you do. I enjoy making the sale but not at the cost of it coming back nor at the cost of a pissed off customer. I'd rather make a sale ethically and with integrity then pull a "car-salesman" routine.

In fact I had a customer come in early this morning who bought a phone from direct and needed help walking through her bill. Took me 20 min but she understood why her bill looked like it did. Things like that set us apart from the normal perception of dealers and auth retailers. I only wish there were more auth retailers like us.
tequilasundae

Jul 10, 2004, 10:53 AM
hear hear...iphones you make a lot of good points..i work for an agent myself, in 2 different stores, one of which is a
30 min drive to the corporate location where the tech is...My numbers aren't all that high, due to the fact that i also try to see what the customer NEEDS, as opposed to just making a sale at all costs..I did hit a wall a few wks back when I spent a solid week gettin yelled at by customers, but then i realized hey, it isn't my fault...We here at my agent do go above and beyond but if the customer is wrong, then the customer is wrong no matter how much they might bitch...I DO believe in my product, and that it fits the needs of the people i sell it to...if not..i recommend a different course of action..(possibly a differen...
(continues)
timslo

Jul 10, 2004, 1:53 PM
If we all had this mentality, we'd all be banking. You make some great points Will, no matter who you work for, you should take pride in what you do. It starts with customer service. How you treat a customer and how they leave the store can turn into big sales. Of course not all customers are the same, but Will makes the point of going above and beyond, helping the customer as much as we can. Thanks Will, I think most of us are on the same page.
southwestcomm

Jul 10, 2004, 2:22 PM
Great post isellthisshit....maybe a longer user name next time?
I agree completely and find it funny that people point the "dishonesty" finger at indirects and dealers. I worked as a direct rep for two different carriers before starting my own indirect shop and found dishonest reps working directly for carriers as well. "Dishonesty" is in the hearts of people, not where they work.
mobile_guru

Jul 10, 2004, 3:26 PM
YES YES.
Couldnt Agree more.
For me result is %270 increase in profit over past 3 month.

everything you say is GOLD.
Nos4a2

Jul 12, 2004, 5:05 PM
Isell..., your post is brilliant, and I agree wholeheartedly. Like all things in all fields (not just the wireless industry), the keys here are INTEGRITY and CHARACTER.

Thanks for the reminder, and the affirmation that there are people in the industry with whom I share the same level of comittment.

Whoever you represent, you are an asset to their organization. Keep it up.

I'm out.
-=Nos=-
WILLPHASE

Apr 4, 2006, 5:44 PM
dood you work for verizon dont you?.......i work for sprint/nextel and i know i have the passion, the drive and the customer service skills to do my job with exelence, however regardless of your customer service skills or how good you are overall as an agent it all comes down to your product in the end and furthermore the buerocracy that is tied to that product..............you can push and bragg to the customers but the most powerfull tool in this busyness is and will always be word of mouth. if you have so so phones and so so or should i say bad network coverage and service customers are gonna get concerned from there they will get dissatisfied.....then they will start asking the ever popular question (how much is it to get out of my contr...
(continues)
brentgodwin

Apr 5, 2006, 1:06 PM
Willphase,

Is your store that slow that you had to go back almost 2 years to find posts to post to?

Add your own topics even if they are the same point or question that the old ones address. You will get newer and fresher posters to give you answers and opinions.

Thanks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.