Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

for those that worked for cingular and verizon

bassplayer

Mar 17, 2006, 1:58 PM
So I currently work for Cingular and honestly I really love the company. I think the rollover is great, the reception is good enough, and the phones are really cool. Also the new ability to stream videos on new phones, that's pretty cool.

But recently I've been offered a position to work for a Verizon store. Again they would be an agent store just like what I work for now, but it would mean more money for me, as much as some months getting $1000 more, some months less obviously.

The question I have is faced with simply working for one company or the other which would you choose? Cingular or Verizon? For those that have worked for both, what has your experiance been like? or is this just too complex a question to answer due to wor...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Mar 17, 2006, 2:08 PM
i know one guy that works at the cingular store accross from me. he used to work at verizon until he moved. he tells me frequently that he preferred verizon.
aemsafd

Mar 17, 2006, 2:14 PM
The grass is always greener...
uscingulair

Mar 30, 2006, 3:01 PM
i had the same delema. I work for a Cingular agent and had an opportunity to move to Virizon Corporate. I turned the job offer down because even though it was more money I like the set up of the company more, the people I work with and I am just comftorable here @ Cingular....eather that or I'm just lazy 🙄
UOQuack

Mar 17, 2006, 2:57 PM
I really think the bottom line for your question is an issue of which agent is better, not which carrier is better. It's the agent that signs your check. So you have to ask yourself all the usual questions: who pays more, who has better commission structure, which is the better work environment, which company is more stable, how is the store location, are there benefits at either agent, etc. I have worked for 3 different Cingular agents, and they've all had their strengths and weaknesses. A friend of mine worked for a Cingular agent, now for a Verizon agent. She likes the Verizon agent better, but that's because the Cingular agent messed with her pay constantly.

Like the one person posted, the grass always seems greener... Make a ...
(continues)
bassplayer

Mar 17, 2006, 5:24 PM
busy friday, thanks for the imput I just can't post much.

Yeah I know its pretty much up to the agent, I guess I just wondered if anyone had worked for both verizon and Cingular and thought service and help from the main company was better, also which was easier to sell, different perks the companies themselves offered like employee discounts on service and stuff.

I have to read the posts below this one so if someone already answered this... I'm getting to you!
soldmysoul4cellular

Mar 23, 2006, 4:00 PM
i have worked for both compaines.....currently cingular....formally att....which btw was the best...i have never worked for a dealer and generally don't know much about them....i can tell you working for verizon corp SUCKS....cingular im not in love with but much better still than verizon.....pays much better...another guy here just came from verizon corp...i actually got him his job there...and now here....and he likes it here better...once again....more money...and much much less stressful.......verizon can burn in h#ll....and cing ain't far behind
axess_denied

Mar 17, 2006, 2:59 PM
Vrizon is considered a much better provider both in network quality and customer service. Probably a hell of a lot less complaints from Verizon customers. I worked for Cingular and can say that the company doesn't value its customers or employees as much as other companies I have worked for.
dkhound

Mar 17, 2006, 3:48 PM
I have worked for Verizon now for 6 years. I have never even thought about leaving. Weird because it is a hard job any job that is sales is hard but the pay scale is great and the benefits as well....Also it is the other employees that make the days go by better too.
black_burry

Mar 23, 2006, 2:50 PM
i currently work for tmobile corp, i cant tell you advice, but what i can say is my girlfriend currently works for cing, and shes very disapointed, shes was work for att when they switched her over, and the way cing treats there employess is downright bad
digitaldog

Mar 17, 2006, 4:00 PM
My only advice is to make sure it's an agent store NOT a corporate store and they are not planning to convert to corporate owned. Once your corporate, you may as well just grab your ankles and kiss your paycheck goodbye.
The Lost Ramone

Mar 17, 2006, 4:44 PM
indirect is really better than corp with the V?

i always would have thoguht that to be the opposite.
disco inferno

Mar 18, 2006, 7:32 PM
dude i've worked for both and i'll tell you this, verizon is so much less stress because you don't have to deal with those stupid migrations, thier activations system is much easier, dealer support lines are better (they aren't closed on sundays) more money 🙂 more coverage, and so on and so on

take the VZW job

ps- where is the new job offer maybe i could help more with the desision because i've been at a few diff. verizon dealers, and let me know how things go
ESmurf

Mar 23, 2006, 3:03 PM
Yeah, Disco really gets around from what I hear 😉
Wakkado

Mar 23, 2006, 3:35 PM
I have sold for both. In my opinion Cingular was the worst company I ever worked for. I will never own one of their phones from the countless problems I have seen. I have watched 3 BBB lawsuites win against cingular in the past 3 months. I am sure there are more but those are ones I have dealt with directly. Verizon was better in everyone way possible from our entire companies standpoint. But area matters alot, I would never work for or with Cingular if I am anywhere between texas and california. Basically MST time zone has horrible coverage to the point that our company got out of our contract with cing and dropped em quick. I understand the East side and california have decent coverage.

But, Verizon is still better coverage, les...
(continues)
phonedr714

Mar 23, 2006, 3:44 PM
I'm currently working for Cingular. I work at a corporate store and I really enjoy the environment. Pay is pretty good and benefits are too. About a year ago, I used to work for a sub-agent for Sprint, Verizon, and Cingular. It really sucked. Now, I've come to see that agent stores aren't always the best. We have an agent store about 4 or 5 miles from my location and let me tell you, they piss me off. One thing about them, they will get new activations, but when customers have a complaint, they ALWAYS refer them to us. Here's the second thing, people are so incredibly stupid, that after we help them, the still go get new phones with those guys. Honestly, I've had really bad experiences with agent stores. My best piece of advice is to work fo...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.