Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Would anybody allow this?

Nikoletta

Mar 3, 2006, 1:12 PM
So the caller says he knows somebody who has a phone but he doesn't know if it's one of ours or what carrier this person has service with... He says he wants to pay the bill for this person and can I look up the account?

What? Other than us having no access to account information if he's not listed as an authorized user we're not giving him ANY information. Does he seriously expect anybody to give him any information? Even if he really is just trying to help somebody out by paying some of the bill we're not going to let him do it, it's very much against company policy to let ANYBODY but the authorized users and primary do ANYTHING on an account.

It's a nice offer but there has to be another way to do something helpful for somebody w...
(continues)
mark0000

Mar 3, 2006, 1:18 PM
Wow, I think that guy was in my store. There's a liquor store down the way from me and kinda ghetto apartments behind us. So, there are certain people who walk by my store daily to get their 40s or 12 packs or whatever.

This guy comes in on his way to the liquor store (though he smelled like he had plenty) and says his buddy has a phone with our carrier and he knew the last 4 digits of his number but wanted to see if I could look up the first 3. "No, sir. Unfortunately I can't give out any account information unless its the account holder." So then he asks me if I can print out a list of prefixes so he can figure it out himself
...umm
It took me a second because 1) I don't think my indirect store system can print out...
(continues)
newfette

Mar 3, 2006, 1:22 PM
i've taken payments before..

the caller gives me the cell muber and the subscribers name..

how much they want to pay and i take the payment..

never once do i tell them any account info including the balance due..

if the balance is zero and they want to pay 100.00 then i take a 100.00 payment..
cingcing

Mar 3, 2006, 2:01 PM
I agree with newfette. The ONLY things I will do without fully verifying the account are bill payment, and suspend of service (I just lost my phone, but it's under so-and-sos name)
longsleeves

Mar 3, 2006, 2:09 PM
we're not allowed to suspend the phone only take payments.
ESmurf

Mar 3, 2006, 2:49 PM
I've never experienced that anywhere but when I worked at the bank.

Usually they had the account number they wanted to deposit into but on time this really weird guy came in and I had to look up a business account for him. I guess I couldn't tell him anything except that it was in fact negative and he just kept giving me money until I told him that it wasn't negative anymore. The policy was you can give your money to anyone (any one can deposit into any account) no one take take you're money from you (you're the only one who can withdraw from your account)
Whitehorse

Mar 4, 2006, 6:29 PM
Yep, I've seen this done before, no info given just a payment made - they'd have to know something about the customer, like a mobile #, though...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.