Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

No...get out....No....get out...

kapwww

Feb 25, 2006, 1:02 PM
A lady comes in with two other ladies that looked like trailer park body builders. I could smell them before the door even closed. If I had a chance to hook up with a super model, but she smelled that bad, I would pass up the opportunity without question. So...I'm holding my breath while she slams down a phone on my desk. I sell VZW. The phone has a Virgin Mobile stamp on the small piece of plastic that isn't shattered. Customer says she lost her phone in the snow pile at the edge of her driveway when she was drunk the other night. Apparently, she drinks alot because she found it after running her car through the snow pile and crushing the phone in the process. She told me that she wanted me to "power-cycle" her battery so that her p...
(continues)
CptFarlow

Feb 25, 2006, 1:16 PM
Anytime...I always enjoy hearing storeis of reps going through the same thing I do.
kapwww

Feb 25, 2006, 2:06 PM
It's nice to know we're not alone when it comes to dealing with the cracked-out world...
evilbstrd666

Feb 25, 2006, 5:10 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I must have dealt with her father about 8 months ago... he had a ANALOG Sprint phone he wanted me to activate on his plan (which was $300 past due)...

1 hour of doors open, 3 air purifiers at full blast, and two cans of spray to kill the stench....

Don't feel too bad. Everyone gets a customer like this sooner or later... we all just hope that it's later.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 12:28 PM
these stories make me feel happy that I have a sinus infection and can't smell sh!t
texaswireless

Feb 27, 2006, 3:27 AM
And my father questioned why I wanted to buy a gun.
newfette

Feb 27, 2006, 8:33 AM
I should call my DM and ask if we can have a company wide "Bring your gun to Work" day

son't you think it would be so much fun.. 😁
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 12:29 PM
...I would go to jail that day...
Nikoletta

Feb 27, 2006, 1:48 PM
Exactly. It makes me grateful (a little) that I work in a call center... we don't usually get the smell but we have some pretty rank co-workers... a lot of the smokers will go chain-smoke for about five minutes then walk past my desk, the smell makes me woozy it's so potent...

Had one woman call though and I could swear I could smell her through the phone and it was bad. Chances were that one of my bad-sushi co-workers had just walked by and I didn't notice.

When I worked at the book store we had a guy who I'm pretty sure was homeless, he'd come in and sit in the store for hours almost every day, drink the free coffee (when we had free coffee before we opened the coffee shop) and read whatever, mostly DnD books. He reeked most of th...
(continues)
Whitehorse

Feb 25, 2006, 5:38 PM
"Trailer Park Body Builders," that & the stench part really painted a horrible mental picture, thank you! 😉

I think that cell stores & kiosks should be set up much like saloons in the old west. You need a guy with a double-barreled 12 gauge loaded with OO buck to handle people like this - gives new worth to the phrase "get out." 🙂
evilbstrd666

Feb 26, 2006, 4:04 PM
You know how many times I have wished I had a shotgun behind the counter? 🙂

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Sholyhit

Feb 26, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah gotta love those people. I get a lot of crap like that in one of my stores. I get a TON of drunk people and people that are high as a kite. A lot of the drunk ones try to argue everything. Had a guy that wanted to activate a GSM T-Mobile phone on my CDMA US Cellular network. He got really pi$$ed and things almost got violent. Apparently because we couldn't activate it, we were trying to rip him off. He started screaming at the top of his lungs (you could hear him on the other side of the mall) and accused os of everything up to, and including, destroying the O-Zone. He was completely nuts, and alcohol only makes those people worse...
evilbstrd666

Feb 26, 2006, 4:09 PM
Destroying the O-Zone?

You are the one responsible?!?!?! đŸ¤Ŗ

Sorry, that's a new one. Just when you thought you heard them all, you find a new one.

You should have asked him if it was all your (personally) or the company's fault. That would have been funny.
xIsamuTM

Feb 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
"no, now get out"
"but (yadayada)..!"
(gun click)
"... I seem to have crossed a line and for that I apologize"

(line taken from an online web comic)
Mid_Isle

Feb 27, 2006, 1:38 PM
In my case it usually ends up being:

No. Hang up. No. Hang up. My supervisor will tell you the same thing sir/ma'am. No. Hang up.

ad nauseum
Nikoletta

Feb 27, 2006, 1:52 PM
I don't argue, I just say "No sorry. Sure here's my supervisor." I don't mind passing it to my supervisor though it's rare that they ask for one. I stand there and giggle while the sup deals with them.
Mid_Isle

Feb 27, 2006, 2:14 PM
Ah, but here we get in trouble if we don't at least make an effort to deescalate.

Oh, for the glory days when we could tell them "Sir as per policy this issue has been resolved, I am not required to transfer you to a supervisor"
Nikoletta

Feb 27, 2006, 2:21 PM
Well but the 'supervisor' I give them to is just another rep who is wearing the orange vest wandering around... I've been the 'supervisor' multiple times. So nobody cares that much except for the 'supervisor' taking the call will grumble sometimes.
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 2:23 PM
we have orange vests here too they always look they should be directing traffic
Mid_Isle

Feb 27, 2006, 8:43 PM
Wow, you guys get vests? We get laminated name tags. We were originally told they were going to be badges, but, alas no.
Vox Dei

Feb 28, 2006, 2:43 PM
I know a center were they used to wear red hats...They got called "red hats" infact they are still called red hats but they nolonger have to wear the goofy hats
Nikoletta

Feb 28, 2006, 5:33 PM
Well some people wear vests, our team actually has scarves that one of our reps made, bright orange scarves... I tie mine around my waist like a belt.
Mid_Isle

Mar 1, 2006, 11:52 AM
So much cooler than our center

☚ī¸ *sigh* ☚ī¸
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 7:29 PM
Hey that's a good idea.. how wide is the scarf? prolly make a great skirt too! Just an idea. 😈
Vox Dei

Mar 9, 2006, 9:07 PM
Oooo. That sounds hot. you should do that Niki...Get pictures ;)
Fenix1003

Feb 28, 2006, 3:24 PM
And the week just started lol
both stories u have posted so far cracked me up pretty good
kapwww

Mar 2, 2006, 3:21 PM
🙂 Glad I could help. Do I win a prize??? 😁 just kidding...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.