Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

"Verizon would give me a free phone"

Sholyhit

Feb 21, 2006, 5:58 PM
I am sick and tired of people bringin in their water damaged, broken, or perfectly functional damage free phone telling me I need to give them a new one right there on the spot for free. "Verizon would give me one for free". Well you signed up with us, jackass, not verizon. Also, verizon would charge you $30 more a month for the package you have, so by the end of your contract, you have already paid full retail price for 2 or 3 phones. Pardon me if you bring in your crappy nokia bar phone and I don't give you a razr for free just because you say so. From now on, when I have someone come in and say "Verizon would give me a free phone," not only will I point this out to them, but I will start it with ," And cannibals will eat your face. I'm no...
(continues)
KrazyJoe

Feb 21, 2006, 6:01 PM
Actually, you can point out to them that Verizon will not give them a free phone under those circumstances.

Our policies on new phones don't very greatly from yours. All companies follow the same basic model for this, with some variations naturally.

So, next time they say that, laugh and tell them that all cell phone companies would handle this the same way.
Sholyhit

Feb 21, 2006, 8:32 PM
I did have one person try to argue that. I had a teenage girl come in with water damage on her phone. Her friend (who I suspect had some kind of chemical damage to his brain) immediately started saying (in that high pitched, annoying, "I am always right" tone) Verizon would give her a free phone. I ignored him and continued trying to explain why the manufacturer's warranty didn't cover it. Her friend chimes in again "Verizon would give her a free phone!" this time a bit louder. I ignore him again, still continuing to tell her why. She asks if I can fix it, and I tell her that i'm not a tech, and cannot determine whether the phone can be fixed or not, though I doubt it can, as water damage is usually permanent. The kid chimes in again, practi...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Feb 22, 2006, 12:04 PM
HAHA. that's sweet. Too bad he didn't throw it on the ground and go over to verizon...You should have pulled out a cup of water and told him to drop it in.
Fenix1003

Feb 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
that would have been sweet, also when he called his insurance dept and told them what happened...lol
Vox Dei

Feb 22, 2006, 1:28 PM
Even if he lied it would still cost him $50 😛
craptacularwireless

Feb 21, 2006, 6:34 PM
I hate when customers say stuff like that. I always tell them what the policies for different carriers are so they can shut up about it. I've sold all the major carriers except for Cingular (but I know their policies) and I let them know. They get angry at the carrier when it's their dumb ass fault for not taking good enough care of their phone. Is it your carriers fault that you're a clumsy buffoon who can't hold on to their phone? No. Next.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 6:37 PM
that's when you say "if you honestly believe that, switch to verizon, sign a 2 year contract, and see....no? you don't want to do that? then shut up and deal with it"
Vox Dei

Feb 22, 2006, 1:49 PM
Don't forgot to pay the ETF with the current company ;)
Mid_Isle

Feb 22, 2006, 11:56 AM
Reminds me of a situation we had in my call center. Customer calls in, says Sprint is going to give him like 5 heavily discounted Pebls if he switches over...the rep who got this call ended up cutting the price down to $150 if he'd stay, wasn't good enough for him. Rep comes to me all frazzled about this, and I start to laugh evilly.

"Obviously this guys doesn't watch the Super Bowl."

"Huh?"

"The big ad for the Pebl during it had a tag at the end of it."

"O-o-o-k.."

"Exclusively at T-Mobile."

"Oh. Oh!"

😈 "Shut him down." 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.